Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

Good lord, spiders freak me out so badly.

I just can't stand them... I think it is because when I was just a toddler I got bitten by one. (No, it didn't give me super powers, but it did almost give my mum a heart attack)

I got bitten by a spider before, on my cheek. The mark was there for over 10 years. Legit.

Now it's really faded though.

I get how you feel about abandonment. According to my counselor I have pretty bad abandonment problems. It mainly came from the fact that before I was born my father left, and when I was ten my other dad left. As a kid I would have nightmares about my family and friends dying and leaving me alone forever. And going through school was tough cause friends kept betraying and leaving me, others got annoyed with me cause I could get sort of clingy. Now it's gotten to be a pretty bad fear.

I'm also terrified of falling. Not heights, falling. I would wake up several times from a dream where I fell landing face-first on my floor.

Don't think I'm weird, but I'm also scared of stingrays. Living in Florida means they're pretty common, so it's not the best fear to have. Going to the beach means they could be anywhere, and stepping on them means having a barb stabbed in your leg. And I love swimming so it's hard to deal with.

I also fear tornadoes, getting robbed, having me and/or my friends and family get murdered, hurricanes, and also getting trapped underground or in a small space. Once again, living in Florida sucks when it comes to hurricanes and tornadoes. Though tornadoes don't happen much here they do occasionally. My fear of hurricanes and tornadoes came from when I was a kid when there was a tornado in the neighboring county that tore half of a jail off while I was at my grandfather's house. He lives on top of a barn. It was rocking back and forth all night and I was terrified. And a year ago 3 tornadoes were heading straight towards my house in this big storm, but luckily turned and went right around us. Scared the living crap out of me.

So yeah, those are my fears. I have a lot.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, let's see ^_^

I guess my main one would also be abandonment, or being alone.

I'm a huge extrovert. I have to be talking to people, whether it be on the internet or in real life, or I start to get a little weird.

Posted Image

Okay, MAAAAAYBE not THAT weird, but elements of that for real!

One time, my family went away for the weekend and left me for a few days. My friends were all at a camp. I had no one to talk to at all - and I swear I started to talk to inanimate objects. Not in a crazy way (Maybe a little), but I did talk to them. I wasn't completely sane when my family came back xD

And my second is spiders.

I swear, if any of you post a picture of a spider on this thread, I will freak out O_O Spiders are just....SCARY. Not gross. But scary. I think it's the legs. Or the eyes. Or the OH-CRAP-NOW-I'M-THINKING-ABOUT-THEM

My biggest fear? As much as it's unlikely to ever happen, it would be having to choose between the lives of two of my closest friends or family. I don't know how I'd be able to do that, and if I did, I can only imagine the guilt I'd feel for the rest of my life. It would be horrible. Thankfully, I'm not living in some cheap adventure novel or comic book. So the chances of such a choice coming up are slim!

(edited)

I'm afraid of the reaction people will have towards my failures I can mess up in front of my friends and family and I'm just fine. I just don't want people to think poorly of me because of a screw. Anyway I've been getting better about this and I usually just laugh off my mess ups or remind myself not to worry so much about what other people think.

Edited by Jalaton

I'm afraid of a lot of things. But, suffocation and falling get to me. The thought of not being able to breath makes my breath catch and the idea of falling makes me paralyzed. It's not fun being me...

• 2 weeks later...

Explosions. I get a little jumpy when there are fireworks or anything similar. Not every time..just every now and then (kind of frustrating, actually). The 80's music thread reminded me of something that happened recently. I was at the Metallica show, and as part of their encore they played "One". For those who are not fans, the song is the story of a soldier in WWI. He is horribly injured by a landmine, to the point where he is deaf, blind, mute and completely paralyzed...but alive, and in agony. It's one of their most striking songs, from both thematic and artistic standpoints. It's also one of my all-time favorite songs, but I was caught off guard by the pyrotechnics at the show. At a crucial point in the song, the lyrics "landmine...has taken my sight" was accompanied by a large explosion. You can see it pretty plainly in the footage. It startled me pretty badly, and I had sweaty palms the rest of the night. I wish this reaction would go away, but as long as it's been already, I don't think it ever will.

Sarge is right. Even after doing it hundreds of times, that sick feeling is always there during the minutes before saddling up and rolling out the gate.

Well the worst I have is of deep water of any kind, if I was to be swimming in the middle of a lake or ocean, I'd just get this panicky feeling, I don't know why, but I just hate it.

My only fear.. Would be the time hundreds of years from now, When we eat all the bacon. It ends with mass suicide and the whole world collapses. it will be a dark time. Except for vegans who become the rulers of the world which soon collapses due to lack of strength. Making a new race of humans but that's another story.

• Brohoof 1

fear has always be something i could overcome (which i have proved more than once) but besides that i am deeply terrified of the dark no not the absence of light i mean the dark that will make you all alone.but besides that i have "screaming" paranoia, it's hard for me to relax around other ponys. even my own family is somewhat hard too trust.

the paranoia is under control.

Sickness, spiders, embarrassment, heights, water, dangerous chemicals, chemical reactions (bleach + ammonia), snakes, wild animals, tainted food, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, accidentally being caught up in crime or with criminals, and the list goes on.

I am a really scared and fearful person. I try to work on it, but it's hard.

im afraid of death and related (necrophobia, im feel sick when talking about death, im afraid of zombies and such)

im really afraid of loosing people of my family

im afraid of the dark

im afraid of clowns and puppets

Death and I have an odd relationship, though I fear it more than anything else. I imagine that death is a sort of final peace where life is simply terminated. Like a blood stained deer laying in snow with a bullet in-between it's eyes, we will simply cease to exist.

Yet, still, there are looming questions about death that come naturally. First, how will death come? One element of it I'm especially afraid of is precisely how it will feel to transition between life and death; the thought of it is frightening to me. Second, does anything come after death? I'm less afraid of this question now, but I still wonder sometimes if our consciousness will somehow be transported elsewhere or if it really is the termination of everything.

What is most difficult for me to handle though is that 1) death is impending and 2) the non-experience of annihilation. Since I can't imagine not existing, it is naturally a bleak and terrifying thought as to what that would be like, simply not existing at all.

As stupid as this sounds i fear what comes after death, but not death itself.

I still wonder sometimes if our consciousness will somehow be transported elsewhere or if it really is the termination of everything.

I believe that when we die our mind kinda builds a world around itself, if that makes any sense.

I also have a really bad fear of poisons

Edited by zRevenantz

To have my eyeball/eyeballs popped open with needles or sliced open with a razor.

The needle thing happens heaps when I'm at the sewing machine, I broke 10 or so of them in the past 4 months of weekend use. eeeekk.

ETA: Or just being blind in general.

Edited by enigmatia

As stupid as this sounds i fear what comes after death, but not death itself.

I believe that when we die our mind/subconscious kinda builds a world around itself, if that makes any sense.

I also have a really bad fear of poisons

Could you explain this further? How does one's mind function subconciously when it ceases to work?