Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your darkest fears

Johny Farenheit

I'm afraid of getting up close to dead animals, especially when their eyes are open. I don't know why, but it really bothers me. I can handle that stuff in movies, but not in real life. 

• Brohoof 1

I fear getting alone when I get older, and especially dying alone. I am not exactly a "social butterfly" and I do not relate with too many people, so being alone when I am at my weakest is a thought that makes me anxious.

I also fear being buried alive, to the point that I try to block any thought about the subject. This is the reason I am debating with myself whether I should ask to be cremated for when I die. Surprinsgly enough, I never had any nightmare about it and I prefer to it stay this way.

I am TERRIFIED of being alone! I would hate to know I was completely lonely. Even if I was with complete strangers I'd feel safer than if I was in a store, alone. But the worst thing ever would be if everyone was gone, and I had the world to myself. That might be my darkest fear... But my weirdest fear is breaded mushrooms, or just cooked mushrooms... I ate a few one time and I became really ill, but I'm not sure why I'm scared of them now... I've eaten stuff that made me sick before! But mushrooms... Naw. Aw, mushrooms, no.

(edited)

Probably my darkest fear is the fear of the dark. Its scientific name is nyctophobia. My reason for it is that I have played Slender before, and even knowing that he's not chasing me in real life, Slender has made me feel like it's dangerous to be in low light levels. Another reason is that I can never see what the heck is going on, and I'm afraid I might trip over something and cause severe pain.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

My darkest fears? I would say my greatest one is my future. If I don't get out of the slum I live in, where crime rules, people are awful and uncaring, where I feel like a prisoner... 

having what happened in college happen to me again. i pushed everyone away and soon they began to hate me and i couldn't do anything about it because my former room mate had turned everyone against me.

(edited)

I'm very scared of death, just thinking about it terrifies me.

Also, losing my liberty (in any way).

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I can scared real fast whenever there is thunder around.

I'm also scared of buzzing sounds...like the sound of a wasp 

And I'm really scared of peacocks...don't ask why 

Being hated and abandoned by the ones I love..... by the one I love. 

I would never abandon or hate you   :rarity:  :wub:

Edited by Pucksterv
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm very scared of death, just thinking about it terrifies me.

Death

This is something that I can definitely relate to. I remember when I was very young I got shocked to the core of my being when I have learned that we would die at some point.

I don't know if this make you feel any better, but this fear is far from being uncommon or unnatural. It exists on everyone, though its form and intensity varies from person from person. This helps us being safe, it is the reason people look to both sides before crossing the street or take care while handling electrical equipment. But, on the other hand, the knowledge that at some point we will be no longer here can be pretty terrifying.

We are unable to change our our mortality, however, as a previous post on this thread said, I think it helps to focus the fear on a different manner. Instead of fearing dying, maybe it is better to fear not living. I imagine it should be terrible to die while carrying regrets. We should be thankful for what we have, strive to work for what we can have, and not worrying about what we cannot have. It is better to be aware of our own limits and do not bite more than what we can chew. Also we should live responsibly and try to enjoy even the small things we do, so when our time is finally due we can know that we lived well so we can accept death with tranquility and humility.

Edited by Sunwalker
  • Brohoof 1

Hm. I'm afraid of growing old. I dread the day when my bones start giving out on me, and I start losing my hearing. I also dread losing what's dear to me at this very moment. :( All because of growing old. I'm also afraid of the future. I fear after my parents are gone, I'll end up in a group home or some other care facility of sorts. I can't take care of myself due to my special needs. :x

Other fears:

Dentists

Hospitals

Needles/IVs

Thunder (loud and unpredictable)

Edited by Princess of the Moon
  • Brohoof 1

I fear losing my senses, especially sight, and also the movements of my body. Combine these two fears and you have the inability of interacting with your surroundings and feeling anything, while still being conscious. Truly terrifying... :(

• 2 weeks later...