Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I HATED the one with Gilda in, even though Pinkie prevailed in the end. Gilda was so mean! I also dident like the first Discord episode because i hated seeing all of the ponies in that grey state (Exccept Applejack, her facial expression when lieing was classic :lol: ) and it ended on a down.

Edited by BronyPolo138

Feeling Pinkie Keen, because I personally felt somewhat slighted at the possible implication that "things you don't understand" might be misinterpreted as a pseudo-identity of Faith or other such things, which are (if properly pursued) not completely "things you don't understand".

Yeah, I didn't like the lesson too much in that one either, but the rest of the episode was really good imo.

Mine is any episode that centers around the CMC. (Call of the cutie, Cutie Pox, etc.)

I dont like the characters all that much, except Apple Bloom. It just doesn't appeal. I would rather see the main ponies. The only exception is Cutie Mark Chronicals. It involved more on the main 6.

Agreed. I'm not interested in the CMC much either. Although I DID like Cutie Pox. But only because I like the idea of such an illness happening to ponies.

Although my least favourite would probably have to be Mysterious Mare-Do-Well. The twist was just far too obvious and everyone seemed a tad out of character. Rainbow Dash's arrogance though, unlike the others who have cited disliking it, didn't really bother me as much. Although it did seem over the top.

Owl's Well That Ends Well wasn't really one I was fond of either. I also found the owl annoying.

That distinction has to go to Look Before You Sleep, mainly due to how uncharacteristically dumb Twilight was. It was hard to invest in the situation when I couldn't get over her obliviousness to even the simplest things. Plus, I really want to give her a sock in the jaw when she says "It's the rule" in that....tone. XP

I will say I don't mind the episodes that have more predictable endings like "May the Best Pet Win," given I'm in it for the ride rather than the destination. It's a bit like a Roadrunner cartoon (going to be quoting Derek from Classic Game Room Undertow here): You know what's going to happen, you know how it's going to happen, but you watch anyway. Why? Because the shorts are well-made in the first place, they draw in an audience. Again, I could say the same for quite a few of the MLP episodes that are guilty of this. I'd actually put this in the same category as "sketch comedy shows using recurring characters. It's inhuman to come up with 100% new material every week, so they have as much of a right to reused characters as any cartoon is to more formulaic plots. I do enjoy the more uncertain episodes like "Lesson Zero" immensely, though.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

• 1 month later...

Bumping an old thread, because if I made a new thread, I would just be directed here, anyway.

To me, the episode that absolutely stands out as bad is certainly Baby Cakes. I found it beyond boring, and almost didn't even make it through the episode. I was watching it on my laptop, and ended up keeping the tab minimized while I did other things on the web, and just sort of listening to it and clicking back if it seemed like something significant was actually happening. I found it to be entirely boring and repetitive.

The Owlicious episode was a bit annoying, but mostly because I don't like Spike. I guess I am the only one to give a resounding 'meh' to the Mare Do Well episode. Maybe I already disliked Rainbow Dash, so it wasn't too much of a letdown for me. I have to admit that the ending surprised me, at the very least. Honestly the episode didn't really stand out to me, other than it seems to be a frequent episode of discussion.

Anyone with me on 'Baby Cakes?' :huh:

Yeah, Baby Cakes is the only episode I do not like, but due to other reasons, namely I don't care for babies. They're annoying. That, and the fact that the cake twins are not earth ponies bugs me for some reason. And Pound Cake being able to fly so quickly is weird as well. I think it was just done for comedy, but it didn't really follow through for me.

As for the episode that I still like but like the least: Mysterious Mare Do Well for most reasons stated previously. Dash is way to arrogant, and that cliff...I'd be okay if they only used it once, but twice?

• Brohoof 1

Lesson zero and feeling pinkie keen. Only two eps i have not re-watched. I did not like Mare do well either, really bad writing for RD. I want the arrogance to at least be more subtle and some of the scenes ruined the fairy tail feel.

Edited by Wanderlust

I like all of them, in fact I love most of them, but my least favorite has to be Applebuck Season and Luna Eclipsed (I didn't particularly find it TOO good). But as I said, I like them all :D

I love all the episodes.

It's not so much the episodes that get under my skin, but the plot holes. Especially the one with Applejack jumping out of the carriage, it was all I could think about and I missed Fluttershy's d'awwww quote :(