Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I think the absolute least favorite episode would be any of the Rainbow Dash ones, such as 28 pranks later, or Newbie Dash. But she was also in Non-Compete Clause which is the one where she argues with Applejack to become the top teacher, while the students are almost losing their lives! Absolute nightmare episode!

• Brohoof 1

On 8/8/2015 at 1:28 AM, Luna_tic said:

I'm not arguing or disagreeing, merely offering my perspective on the episode.  What I understood from the episode is that sometimes you have to let go when you (as in you specifically) don't have the means available to fully understand something.  I just saw it as being able to admit that you cannot figure something out.  Not that you shouldn't try, because she learned that she wouldn't be able to understand Pinkie's weird sense by attempting to understand it using all the means that she had.  As a scientist, I can get behind that because you can get caught up in a specific pursuit and miss out on doing a something more productive and educational.  No worries though, I can see where you are coming from and don't want children to get that message from it as opposed to what I gathered.

The problem is that they worded the message not so well, making it sound kind of like one of science versus blind faith (like what religious fanatics keep pushing).

Plus part of being a good scientist is realizing that you don't know everything. One would think that one such as Twilight would know that, instead of being blindly dismissive of the idea of magic slightly different from the magic she's been practicing since she was a little kid.

For me its a tie between "Spike at your service" and "Yakity sax". Spike is abducted by a changeling in one and in the other pinkie is really badly handled(the others were not at their best too). I guess, maybe they had a thing or two working for them but overall, I really dislike these episodes.  

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Worst MLP FIM episode of each season.

Season 1: Owl's Well That Ends Well

Season 2: Ponyville confidential 

Season 3: One Bad Apple 

Season 4: Rainbow Falls

Season 5: What About Discord?

Season 6: No Second Prances 

Season 7: All bottled Up

Season 8: Yakity-Sax

Season 9: 2,4,6 great

• 2 weeks later...

There are definitely a few episodes that stand out in a negative way, so I had some options. For this, instead of going for an episode that was just boring and poorly written, I decided to go with an episode that was not only terrible, but negatively changed the show as a whole. This episode is: School Daze.

School Daze was not a good episode. For one, the writing was sloppy. Both the characters and the situations they were put in didn't make sense; I mean even the Mane six seemed out of character. And the new characters (The Student Six) introduced were boring and uninspired. Their personalities are pretty much "hey look, we're non-ponies" rather than actual character defining traits. Then there's the villain, who made some good points regarding the school, but overall his actions and personality were so exaggerated and mean-spirited that he just was obnoxious. All of this becomes chaotic, as the plot itself is scattered with no direction. This thing was just a mess.

Now I get to the elephant in the room: the school of friendship. I've said this before, so I'll try to make it quick, but I think the school of friendship is the worst thing to happen to My Little Pony. It was a terrible plot device that was ultimately unneeded. The worst part is, this school pretty much took over the show (or at least s8) and became the central focus. Due to the mane six teaching here, despite NOT being teachers, they were always shown either working there or talking about working there (remember, these ponies ALREADY had jobs of their own). The introduction of this, along with the previously mentioned reasons, lands this episode as my least favorite in MLP.

• Brohoof 1

The last episode, solely on the fact that it was the last episode. :( I also skipped the Student Six episodes, among them Non-Complete Clause, Hearth’s Warming Club or 2, 4, 6 Great but that's only because I hold a grudge against them for taking the spotlight away from characters who I actually care about. :confused:

But really for me, Friendship is Magic is a perfect show with amazing ponies and there is never a time when I won't defend everything about it! :wub:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP
  • Brohoof 1

literally any episode with young 6. Idk why but they're so boring lol never rly liked the fact that Hasbro pulled a 'bootleg mane 6' after they brought the friendship school. 

• Brohoof 5

There are really no episodes I super dislike. I will say though some of the older Rarity episodes kinda lose my interest sometimes, such as Suited for Success.

• Brohoof 2

It’s impossible me for me to pick my favorite episode, but my least favorite is pretty simple: Non-Compete Clause from season 8, closely followed by 2,4,6 great from season 9. Those two episodes may be the only ones I never want to watch again.

• Brohoof 5

• 3 months later...
On 2021-01-18 at 6:59 PM, Astral Soul said:

It’s impossible me for me to pick my favorite episode, but my least favorite is pretty simple: Non-Compete Clause from season 8, closely followed by 2,4,6 great from season 9. Those two episodes may be the only ones I never want to watch again.

They’re probably my least favourites too. Those damn students drive me up the wall! :Cozy:

• Brohoof 1

Oh, wonderful! They are SO many terrible episodes in the series that I could rant on all day long. I mean, don't get me wrong. I love MLP FiM to death and it holds a very special place in my heart, but when there's a bad episode, it's BAD!

I mean, a lot of fans can point out Mare Do Well, Spike at Your Service, Non-Complete Clause, Somepony Watch Over Me, and Three's A Crowd are the worst episodes, but in my opinion, as much as those episodes suck, they are pale in comparison to three major contenders: Newbie Dash, 28 Pranks Later, and recently 2, 4, 6, Grreaat!!

The reason why I hate those episodes so much was because the plots were just downright garbage, the humor were just so cringe-worthy, the morals are very awful, and Rainbow Dash was just SO insufferable that I just can't root for her AT ALL!! On top of that, Rainbow Dash was made to be the loyal pony in the series. With these three episodes, however, she got to be the most un-loyal pony that ever existed in Equestria, period.

As someone who loves and defends Dashie, it really breaks my heart to see that her character development completely throws in the fire, That, and the new writers don't know what they're doing and they are only there just for a paycheck rather than creating new ways to push Dash forward.

Geez, thinking about those episodes makes me rather watch Mare Do Well again, and that's saying something.

• Brohoof 1

People might hate me for this...

but for me, it was The Best Night Ever

Not very re-watchable on my opinion, and I found it super boring. 

Then, closely followed by 28 Pranks Later and Sweet and Elite because Rarity pissed me off in that episode.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 3

Yakkity Sax cause Pinkie’s instrument made my ears hurt so much :scoots: Her getting all depressed in the second half felt dumb, too. I get she enjoyed playing the thing but usually she would not want to put her own interests above others’ if it annoyed them or made them unhappy.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-04-26 at 9:33 AM, ExplosionMare said:

Yakkity Sax cause Pinkie’s instrument made my ears hurt so much :scoots: Her getting all depressed in the second half felt dumb, too. I get she enjoyed playing the thing but usually she would not want to put her own interests above others’ if it annoyed them or made them unhappy.

Don't even get me started on that episode!.:dry:  I felt that episode only existed just to please the Pinkamena Diane Pie fans, but failed miserably.:okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-04-25 at 10:28 PM, Emerald Heart said:

Sweet and Elite

I feel like this episode drags a lot and while I initially thought that Rarity episodes started to decline in quality in season 4 with Simple Ways,

I may have to rethink my opinion.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

• 3 months later...

Least favorite would probably be Newbie Dash. I had bad feelings about the episode going into it (particularly due to the clips that I had seen), and what should have been a landmark Rainbow Dash episode for her series' character arc just turned into one that was outright painful to watch with every character just being an asshole and/or out of character.

The more I think about and rewatch the episode, the more I dislike it.

Edited by ExpitheCat
  • Brohoof 1