Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I recently rewatched the Mare Do Well episode, and while I can see why people hated it, I didn't dislike it that much... it just doesn't have rewatch value. Rainbow Dash is known to brag, but I think that she had far too many monologues (the only good one was the one when she said, "I hate being alone") and when she did speak to other characters, it wasn't particularly realistic. The number of freak accidents in this episode was meh, but I find them to be comic relief in a way, so that aspect wasn't horrible. The timing of it was off to me, too. It was slow in some parts and rushed in others. I also find that the rest of the mane 6 were rather disrespectful to Dash and while they said in the end that they did want her to be a hero, they didn't act like that when they were doing the Mare Do Well trick. I dunno, the character interactions in general were just off.

All in all, towards the bottom for me. I think this episode could have been done a lot better.

I despised the Crusader episodes. I would just skip them over, if it wasn't for the gems like "Cutie Mark Chronicles" I'm sorry, but the three remind me of my cousins I used to babysit. They always snuck out after bedtime and had to have their own little adventures. Then I did something that earned me the nickname "Sarge"

I don't like Feeling PInkie Keen. It clearly focuses on religion and that is a very sensitive subject for almost all my friends.

What, How? i get the moral of the story was kinda leaned toward it

anyways my least favorite is "a dog and pony show" i got a little bored after the first time seeing it and rarity's whining although short did annoy me just a little

Hearth's Warming Eve. First episode I've skipped parts of. So boring.

*Insert Brohoof here*

I disliked this episode too. I thought I might be the only one who disliked this.

Mysterious Mare Do Well: Disliked this episode quite a bit. Overly cocky Rainbow Dash. I don't like Rainbow when she's way overly cocky. But, you know what I really couldn't stand? Her friends! They went way, way, way, out of their way to make Rainbow look foolish and embarrass her. To me they took things too far to teach her a "lesson".

Baby Cakes: Words can not describe. I really couldn't stand this one either. And I would love to have kids one day but after this I might just have to adopt.

Griffon the Brush Off: God. Gilda was annoying. I can't stand bullies like that. First she bullies Pinkie Pie and then Fluttershy. I really can't see why Rainbow was friends with her in the first place. Was she like that when the 2 of them went to flight school together, or was this a new attitude she had picked up after Flight school? Whatever it was , god I hated it.

• Brohoof 2

*Insert Brohoof here*

I disliked this episode too. I thought I might be the only one who disliked this.

Mysterious Mare Do Well: Disliked this episode quite a bit. Overly cocky Rainbow Dash. I don't like Rainbow when she's way overly cocky. But, you know what I really couldn't stand? Her friends! They went way, way, way, out of their way to make Rainbow look foolish and embarrass her. To me they took things too far to teach her a "lesson".

Baby Cakes: Words can not describe. I really couldn't stand this one either. And I would love to have kids one day but after this I might just have to adopt.

Griffon the Brush Off: God. Gilda was annoying. I can't stand bullies like that. First she bullies Pinkie Pie and then Fluttershy. I really can't see why Rainbow was friends with her in the first place. Was she like that when the 2 of them went to flight school together, or was this a new attitude she had picked up after Flight school? Whatever it was , god I hated it.

Yeah everyone was saying that Hearth's Warming eve redeemed Merriweather Williams (sp?), but I thought it was even worse than mare do well. The next episode I see WRITTEN BY MERRIWEATHER WILLIAMS I'll be really disappointed and might just skip it. And this kinda off topic but doesn't merriweather williams sound like the name of a african-american boxer? lol
  • Brohoof 1

Hearth's Warming Eve. First episode I've skipped parts of. So boring.

*Insert Brohoof here*

I'd like to know why the hell do you people and most people think that Hearth's Warming Eve suck? Apart from that ridicolous "I spy" scene there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all. There's a lot of world building, Pinkie is great as usual, the others are also great. I love it. But I heard a lot of people hating it and nobody says why! I can understand that the Mysterious Mare Do Well has the most idiotic plot ever, but what the heck is wrong with Hearth's Warming Eve?!

I never said it sucked. I'd never say sucked . I said I Disliked it. I can't really tell you why. I just found it not to my liking. I don't like a lot of things that people like and end up liking things a Lot of people hate. It's hard for me to explain, I have a very short attention Span so I think during the story I guess I got a little bored. It didn't suck. I just disliked it, it really just wasn't for me that's all.

It looks like Charlotte fullerton was needed to help teach Merriwether Williams how to write a proper episode. Hopefully this allows merriwether to write a decent episode in the future by her/himself (is merriwether a guy or girl?). :lol:

(edited)

I think I'll put down Mare Do Well as well. I don't like the "superhero plot line" in general, unless of course, the whole show is a superhero show. Rainbow was painful, the way the Mane 6 responded was rather out of character (when have they ever taken action without at least trying to talk to the person with the problem before?) and the story relied on a number of cliches.

Though frankly, I loved Hearth's Warming Eve - it provided a lot of background for the world of equestria, the Windigo's added a real sense of mystery and danger, and the character interactions were brilliant. Plus tons of continuity nods.

Edited by SolarPony

• 2 weeks later...

I like basically all the episodes equally, but my least favorite has to be "Putting your Hoof Down". I completely understand what the episode was about, and I respect the message, however seeing Fluttershy like that just broke my heart. Its probably because Fluttershy is my favorite pony, and i can actually relate to her a lot, but just to think the most adorable cartoon character of all time, reverting to a stage such as that makes me want to cry. :'(

• Brohoof 1

Over a Barrel; I hated the buffalo. You'll come to notice I hate a lot of characters that aren't ponies. =/

It was too strange and mirrored colonizing North America too much for it to sit well with me.

• Brohoof 1

While my original answer was Mysterious Mare Do Well, it now has serious competition from Putting Your Hoof Down. I apologize to those who enjoyed the episode, but the longer I think about the episode, the less I like it, for all sorts of reasons...I think the only reason it hasn't already ended up below Mysterious Mare Do Well is that it does have some actual funny moments as well as the fact that it only makes one pony look like a complete jerk, instead of all six.

Baby Cakes. No doubt. I knew the way the whole episode was going to play out, and it didn't do anything interesting with the set up at all.

By the way, what's with all the CMC hate? I *loved* The Show Stoppers. The utter futility of them being totally committed to something that is destined to fail while being completely oblivious to their actual talents is hilarious.