Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My reaction to Howard stern's attack on Bronies

~Lawful Jordo~

Alright, for those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's Howard Stern's 'Deep' look into the social phenomenon we all know as Bronies.

WARNING: As a Brony, watching this video will cause jimmies to rustle:

Alright, so I needed t a moment to collect my thoughts after watching this video. Not because I think that Howard made any sort of intelligent point that I needed to look in to, but to contemplate the sheer stupidity of this.

First off, Howard starts off on the wrong foot right out of the gate by getting the general definition of 'Brony' wrong. His EXACT words were:

"It's guys who are really in to My Little Pony in the sense that they are turned on by the Ponies."

Nice one Howard, you wan't us to take your views about Bronies seriously when you can't even accurately define the word Brony.

The next thing I noticed right away is that the main thing the interviewers try to stay on the topic of clopping. They aren't trying to learn about bronies or why they like the show, they are just trying to make Bronies look like sexual deviants.

Howard stern pretty much makes no attempt at informing the public about our fandom, but instead does nothing but ridicule us.

In the end, he's just an idiot.

I find it sad that a grown man has nothing better to do than reasure himself much like a high school bully would. Near the end of the video, they aren't even looking at the negative aspects of Bronies anymore, they are just flat out trying to humilliate the people who they are interviewing.

Tell me, what was there to gain out of asking him if he would rather have sex with a super model or go to brony con? Nothing, They were just being assholes.

What was the point in asking how motivated that guy was to get out of the house? Nothing, they were just being assholes.

What was the point in asking if it's easy to get laid as a Brony? Nothing, once again they were just being assholes.

In the end, Howard Stern is nothing but a bully and an idiot.

He is instantly afraid of something he doesn't understand, so he feels the need to make everyone hate it.

What haters like Howard Stern don't realize is that bashing us like this won't change anything. Bronies have had to deal with hate since the early days, and we'll probably have to deal with hat until either the fandom dies out, or by some miracle being a Brony becomes acceptable within the social norm.

So what do you guys think about this idiot?

• Brohoof 49

(edited)

Why did sirius radio give Howard his own show?

No reason he's just an asshole

Why is he a judge on America's got talent?

Why is famous and followed by many?

I personally didn't even listen to the video as I can't stand the man or attacks made on bronies but I think your post very well sums it up. It's awful that they don't even know who we are and they can call us a bunch of pervs. But as previously stated he is a shock jock and that's his job really. not worth getting real worked up about.

Edited by Ezio Auditore
  • Brohoof 7

well my toughts were somewhat diffrent it was more

"Who the hell is Howard Stern and why should i fucking care"

and i dont belive i need to click on the vid to see that i shouldnt give a fuck and neither should you

• Brohoof 1

I didn't watch the video, and I don't think I want to. I read enough of the comments on EqD to get the general idea of what he had to say.

It does bother me, and I agree with what you said. But he is trying to get a reaction out of us. It's better to just try and ignore it.

Guys, seriously. Who cares.

Just ignore it. It's not hard.

You're just giving him more attention than he deserves.

I did watch the video. It didn't bother me at all, I thought it was funny because I could appreciate that he was trying to get a laugh.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Howard Stern is just a jerk.

As for Cloppers they aren't evil, they are people too. What they enjoy is a fully sapient being, thus can consent. Even though cloppers clop to Ponies without their consent, it still isn't really that wrong since their in a different universe to ours.

Edited by Rush

As for Cloppers they aren't evil, they are people too. What they enjoy is a fully sapient being, thus can consent. Even though cloppers clop to Ponies without their consent, it still isn't really that wrong since their in a different universe to ours.

That is beyond a doubt the most ridiculous excuse I've heard yet congrats

• Brohoof 1

I, uh, stop a few minutes in. It became annoying and I quit listening. He didn't say anything important, right?

I, uh, stop a few minutes in. It became annoying and I quit listening. He didn't say anything important, right?

Lol nope. He just started to personally insult the people being interviewed in similar fashion of a high school bully

It's just another guy who thinks all bronies are cloppers and whatnot. Give it a second and he'll come on with some apology about how misinformed he was. Either that or Jon de Lancie will be the shit out of him. Either way. Eventually it'll be over, no use giving it too much attention.

• Brohoof 3

Personally, who cares? He's made most his money with his crappy radio show, and quite a bit of people don't respect him.

Finally, media outlets are finally realizing Bronies exist, they just wanna give us a bad name, they did this to furries, its nothing to worry about.

• Brohoof 1

It's Howard Stern, he's lost his fame and now he's taking the route of Jerry Springer by taking obscure groups of people and finding the worst of them, and reporting that. No one listens to his radio show anyway.

(edited)

00:00-00:24

Okay, first of all, not everybrony is turned on by ponies, some are, no nee in treating them differently by the rest of the community.

Secondly, since the 4,000 people who attended aren't all cloppers, and not even a handful of the whole bronies entirely, they cannot assume that all the bronies there are cloppers if only a few actually admit it.

.....and Thirdly, he doesn't even know what a brony is, if he actually made his research before accusingly pointing fingers at us, he'd know that bronies are just more than a bandwagon of people who are attracted to ponies. He'd know that bronies are talented, and artistic group of fellow, males and females who enjoy the show.

00:25-01:17

"Even he's laughing"

Well why the hell would he not laugh?

if you ask a series of questions to someone about something like this.

It's not because "wow I'm so stupid let me laugh about myself"

it's "the fuck with this people" sorta laugh, I've been in situations were someone is just annoying me to the point I start to laugh, like why the hell do this people care about what I clop to?.... or why do they need to know what part of a pony turns me on the most?

01:18-01:43

Oh yes, because dressing up as a pony instantly means you want to have sex with another admirer of the show.

"Let's be honest..."

they could of easily been honest since the bgining of the video when they quickly pointed out the cloppers out of all the bronies, and said the bronies were just a bunch of grown man that are sexually attracted to bronies.

"Comparing Bronycon to Comic con, Comic con is full of winners"

this was just a huge facepalm from me, I am no one to say Brony con is the winners and Comic con is the loosers, neither should they say the opposite, so why the hell did they say it? just to rustle em' brony jimmies

01:44-02:57

I don't understand how it is a darker side, sure it's the side that you would exactly take pride in joining, but it is however part of the fandom, a part that EVERY fandom has

02:58-03:20

She knows what it is, he knows what is, HE Knows that SHE knows what it is, so why the fuck did he have to repeat it?

I know he's purposely being a douchebag, and I still don't know why people love him so much for that.

03:21-05:30

;-; gawd, this.... this.... why the fuck do they need to know this?

How does will this help them in any way?

Why the hell won't they stop asking him all those questions?

Who is Pinkazoid asking this to?

05:31-13:39

yeah, I'm not even gonna comment on the rest of the video....

>:V

Edited by Q. Pinkazoid The Bearded
  • Brohoof 1

I know it's not supposed to be taken seriously, but I just hate how he misinforms people by saying we're all 'turned on by the ponies', that is just a beyond stupid thing to say... :huh

Why are you guys getting mad at this lol? Like his opinion matters more than anyone elses that thinks the exact same thing. It's all been said before.... quite a few times... I would think you guys would be used to it by now lool

(edited)

Why are you guys getting mad at this lol? Like his opinion matters more than anyone elses that thinks the exact same thing. It's all been said before.... quite a few times... I would think you guys would be used to it by now lool

Well anyone can have an opinion, but no one is to treat other's opinions like they're worthless

You can have an Opinion

You can share it

If people agree with you that good,

If people support it, it's good as well

What's not good is being a douchebag to those who don't agree with your opinion

Saying your opinion is by far the only correct one

Bashing those who don't like your opinion

Ignoring other's opinions

Spreading rumors about other's opinions

and choking your opinion down other's throats

But this is only my opinion, and I am no one to obligate others to follow it as well

Edited by Q. Pinkazoid The Bearded
  • Brohoof 1