Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Breaking Bad

Samurshy

Oh my god, I love Breaking Bad so much, its one of my favorite shows, thing is, though I can only watch on Netflix and on Netflix they have up to last ep of season 4, so I haven't seen season 5 :-(

Anyways, I cant choose from all the great moments, but one is when Walt and Jesse are being held captive by Tuco. That part was so intense!!!

• Brohoof 1

I'm rewatching season 5 part 1 of Breaking Bad right now to get me hyped for part 2, and dang it's so fantastic. I thought season 4 was better in terms of epicness, but the drama in season 5 is really freakin' good. Breaking Bad has been evolving since season 1, and it's at an amazing state right now. Wow.. gonna be sad when this show is over :( but at the same time I'm glad they know when to properly end it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anyone see this new promo video:

I guess that so called "leak" was actually real. Well, got a bit spoiled but still hyped. I hope a full trailer is released at Comic Con next week.

Edited by ~Spontaneous Me~
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the marathon till the premier right now. I just wanted to mention my least favorite BB moment. It's the episode where Walter kills Mike, only to realize after the fact that he could have chosen differently. Mike was just plain badass..but then again so was Gus, and Walter took him out without issue. I was like really Walt? Sometimes the writing of this show ticks me off. But maybe its just me. My favorite BB moment was when Walt and Jesse needed to sneak into the police station to erase Gus' laptop! Magnets! :3

So what do you think will happen?

Do you think Jesse finds out what happened to Mike? Do you think Hank is going to bust Walt? Why did Walt need that machine gun in the beginning of the final season? Plus I can't wait to hear what everyone thought of the premier.

I for one love the fucking show to death! I have a hard time watching it from time to time I'm a x drug attic. Anyway the show is one of the best on TV, MLP beats it by a mile. Some new of the next season umm the mom for Malcoln in the middle is going to be in it, that's what I have been hearing anyway.

• Brohoof 2

I think the episode was a great start for the final season. It was almost sad to see what happens to the Whites' house. It's abandoned and empty. And the poison. I wonder what that was about. Anyway, I think this is going to be great to watch.

• Brohoof 1

I love me some Breaking Bad. Of course, I had to power watch the episodes since I've only been watching it for a couple of months. I thought the premier was amazing and I cannot wait to see how it ends. 

Also, was I the only one who thought Walt looked like Gordon Freeman in the beginning?

• Brohoof 1

I thought the premier was an amazing episode. I liked how they spent more time showing Walt a few years down the road. The house was apparently seized by the DEA, and apparently everyone found out that Walt was Heisenberg. But I laughed when Walt was leaving, and his neighbor was just standing their gawking. Then he says "Hi Carol." and she drops her bags. Lol.

I didn't expect Walt and Hank to have a confrontation so quickly. It would have made an awesome cliffhanger, if they ended the episode where Hank closes the garage door, and your point of view is outside. But the "Tread Lightly" ending was still good.

So what does everyone think? Is Hank just going to hang back, and sit on the fact that his brother-in-law is a drug kingpin, or is he going to try and take him down as soon as possible? But Walt is out of the game, even though there are some that are trying to pull him back in. What happens to all of the White's money? By the looks of Walter in the little snippets we see, he isn't dressed in high retail clothing, but he was able to pay for the machine gun. What happened to Skylar and the kids? Why do you think Walt needed the Ricin after all this time? 

(edited)

DAMN!!! Haha. This thread is still around? I thought for sure the mods would have purged it, seeing as how it is like a year old or something. Yeah, I watched the premier. It was epic. Time for Hank to tread lightly. I for one, am on team Jesse/Hank. Walt has definitely worn out his welcome. The things he has done as of recently, they just further prove that his pure evil. 
post-5757-0-21052900-1376367839_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phoenix Flare

DAMN!!! Haha. This thread is still around? I thought for sure the mods would have purged it, seeing as how it is like a year old or something. Yeah, I watched the premier. It was epic. Time for Hank to tread lightly. I for one, am on team Jesse/Hank. Walt has definitely worn out his welcome. The things he has done as of recently, they just further prove that his pure evil.

I wouldn't say he's pure evil. I think him killing Mike was just a moment of rage. All he saw at that moment was Mike was bailing, and that was a threat to Walt, and his family. How Walt dealt with Gus..pure genius..got two birds with one stone...took out the drug kingpin that was going to kill him, and his family, and the only other person that knew who he was (at that time)...When the show ends I hope Walt is still standing actually...or maybe he'll go down in a blaze of glory..Maybe Skylar left him, and ran with the kids...maybe the cancer came back for a third time, and there is no chance of beating it.  I can't wait for the next episode.

• 2 weeks later...

Just caught myself up with the episodes I missed.

Yeah it is smart for Walt to move his money, but he should have had another way to remember where he buried it. Where the episode ends, Jesse is ready to burn down Walt's house, and if Jesse succeeds, then there goes Walt's money.

I am always surprised by BB, not going how I expected it to. Maybe Walt is going to end up with nothing again...Idk. 

Edited by Cal Stonehoof

Just caught myself up with the episodes I missed.. 

Jesus man, spoiler that shit. Thankfully I already watched it Sunday night as it first aired, but not everyone else has. Keep that shit hidden!

Edited by stryker

Just caught myself up with the episodes I missed. Yeah it is smart for Walt to move his money, but he should have had another way to remember where he buried it. Where the episode ends, Jesse is ready to burn down Walt's house, and if Jesse succeeds, then there goes Walt's money. I am always surprised by BB, not going how I expected it to. Maybe Walt is going to end up with nothing again...Idk. 

Spoilers for 'Confessions'

I don't think Jesse will successfully burn his house down though because in a small clip of the next episode it looks fine. And in the flash forward, his house isn't burnt down. My prediction is that Jesse and Hank will eventually team up to take Walt down, Walt fakes his death and goes into hiding with a new identity and something will happen to Skyler that will make Walt return to New Mexico from New Hampshire with that big ass gun and ricin.

I was disappointed with "Rabid Dog"..I think things just fell flat for me..I mean things are suppose to be heating up, building up to the end of a great series...but I didn't feel that way watching the last episode.

I mean you would think Walt would realize that if Jesse isn't showing up on the "radar" that maybe Hank has him somewhere? But I do like how Skylar is basically in the thick of it with Walt. She's almost like Lady MacBeth, but I know she's trying to keep her, and Walt out of jail for the sake of the kids. Honestly I think Walt should have disposed of Jesse when he had the chance..but I guess Hank was right, Walt does care about Jesse, and that will hurt Walt in the end. But Jesse thinking that biker dude was a hitman actually works in Walt's favor if you think about it. If Jesse got Walt to talk..then Hank would have everything he needed to got after Walt.

The biggest problem I have with the second run of this last season is Jesse's big realization about the ricin. To begin with, Walt had convinced Jesse that Gus was aware that they had cooked it in the lab and subsequently pickpocketed him to poison Brock in order to manipulate Jesse into killing Walt. Jesse bought Walt's story, so as far as I'm concerned, I don't see him ever logically realizing that Walt had Saul take the ricin cigarette. True, he had the bag of weed pickpocketed, but it's still a big stretch if you ask me. Walt didn't even use the ricin to poison Brock. Furthermore the doctors told Jesse that it was Lily of the Valley, so there's one more big reason why Jesse shouldn't have been able to implicate Walt. The writers could have had Jesse find out in numerous ways, but the way they wrote it screwed up the pacing in my opinion sort of making me think there was a major problem in the writers room that warranted a quick duct tape fix.

Otherwise, I love this season, and I love Breaking Bad. It has better cinematography than most movies and really shows how far one can go with television.

Here is my prediction for how things will play out toward the finale. Tell me what you all think!

Vince Gilligan will not give away the ending or what leads to the ending in the flash-forwards. Think about the flash-forwards showing the aftermath of the plane crashes. They were laden with red herrings: police tape around the White house, broken glasses that looked like Walt's, three body bags, etc. We're meant to think that someone close to Walt writes "Heisenberg" on the wall, and it does truly seem like an act of revenge. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that we won't see the truth coming. The writing on the wall may just be another big red herring and won't play out to be anything.

My prediction is that Hank will build a case against Walt, bringing him to court only Walt to walk. This will push Hank over the edge, and he'll go after Walt directly, determined to kill him. At the same time as notoriety builds around Walt, Lydia, Todd, his uncle, and his uncles Nazi friends will see Walt as a liability threatening their new meth operation and will also seek to take Walt out. Both will meet at Walt's house around the same time. I'm guessing Hank will get there first, gun aimed at Walt only to be interrupted by Todd's uncle and his men. A shootout will ensue, leaving a few Nazis dead along with Hank. Walt, Skylar, and Walt jr. will escape, but Walt will speed off, leaving them behind because he knows more hitmen will be after him.

The ultimate irony is that Walt will not die of cancer. The pills we see him taking in the first flash-forward are for stress. After all, he does have hair. The buildup is for a final showdown between Walt and Lydia. This is what the M60 and ricin are for. I really doubt that Walt would go into any battle if he didn't think he had a chance of winning, which rules out the chance that his final battle is against the police.

I don't think Gilligan would want any villains to win either, so in the end, I see Walt getting killed in the showdown but not in an act of self-sacrifice. Regardless, his actions will destroy the new meth operation he helped build, so all the villains will die or end up in jail.

• Brohoof 1

The biggest problem I have with the second run of this last season is Jesse's big realization about the ricin. To begin with, Walt had convinced Jesse that Gus was aware that they had cooked it in the lab and subsequently pickpocketed him to poison Brock in order to manipulate Jesse into killing Walt. Jesse bought Walt's story, so as far as I'm concerned, I don't see him ever logically realizing that Walt had Saul take the ricin cigarette. True, he had the bag of weed pickpocketed, but it's still a big stretch if you ask me. Walt didn't even use the ricin to poison Brock. Furthermore the doctors told Jesse that it was Lily of the Valley, so there's one more big reason why Jesse shouldn't have been able to implicate Walt. The writers could have had Jesse find out in numerous ways, but the way they wrote it screwed up the pacing in my opinion sort of making me think there was a major problem in the writers room that warranted a quick duct tape fix.

Otherwise, I love this season, and I love Breaking Bad. It has better cinematography than most movies and really shows how far one can go with television.

Here is my prediction for how things will play out toward the finale. Tell me what you all think!

Vince Gilligan will not give away the ending or what leads to the ending in the flash-forwards. Think about the flash-forwards showing the aftermath of the plane crashes. They were laden with red herrings: police tape around the White house, broken glasses that looked like Walt's, three body bags, etc. We're meant to think that someone close to Walt writes "Heisenberg" on the wall, and it does truly seem like an act of revenge. Therefore, it's reasonable to assume that we won't see the truth coming. The writing on the wall may just be another big red herring and won't play out to be anything.

My prediction is that Hank will build a case against Walt, bringing him to court only Walt to walk. This will push Hank over the edge, and he'll go after Walt directly, determined to kill him. At the same time as notoriety builds around Walt, Lydia, Todd, his uncle, and his uncles Nazi friends will see Walt as a liability threatening their new meth operation and will also seek to take Walt out. Both will meet at Walt's house around the same time. I'm guessing Hank will get there first, gun aimed at Walt only to be interrupted by Todd's uncle and his men. A shootout will ensue, leaving a few Nazis dead along with Hank. Walt, Skylar, and Walt jr. will escape, but Walt will speed off, leaving them behind because he knows more hitmen will be after him.

The ultimate irony is that Walt will not die of cancer. The pills we see him taking in the first flash-forward are for stress. After all, he does have hair. The buildup is for a final showdown between Walt and Lydia. This is what the M60 and ricin are for. I really doubt that Walt would go into any battle if he didn't think he had a chance of winning, which rules out the chance that his final battle is against the police.

I don't think Gilligan would want any villains to win either, so in the end, I see Walt getting killed in the showdown but not in an act of self-sacrifice. Regardless, his actions will destroy the new meth operation he helped build, so all the villains will die or end up in jail.

Or maybe the body bags and whoever is in them, won't be revealed till the very end. I will give you notoriety building around Walt..remember how shocked his neighbor was at the beginning of the new episodes? Like she saw a ghost, and the writing on the wall..Someone figured out that a chemistry teacher had become the largest Meth maker in New Mexico..As far as Walt having hair in the premier last year...I think he just stopped shaving his head..he made it to his 54th birthday..so we know the cancer didn't get him.. Something caused him to "bug out"..but something did draw him back..

This is one series I hope the bad guy wins. I don't see Walt as a bad guy, just a guy that was trying to secure a future for his family. Normally, we see protagonists doing heroic deeds, but what if it took a hero becoming a villain? Plus Jesse forgets that they found the Ricin in the Roomba..so something else is messing with Jesse's mind.. I don't know...I'm just excited to see how this plays out..

That scene is probably one of the greatest scenes in any form of visual media ever. I cannot get over how freaking brilliant and intensely horrifying it is.

Same Here at first i was wondering How the hell did he survive that then i saw his face and him falling to the ground and i was like never mind then.

• Brohoof 1

This has to be the one series where you want the bad guy to win! 

I think Brock does remember Walt, notice the way he tensed up when Walt stopped by looking for Jesse? Watch that kid will bring it all down around Walt despite all his planning... I honestly hope that Jesse, Hank, and Gomez get it after their face off with the Redneck Calvary..but I know that won't be the case. I mean Walt had a reason to buy the machine gun, and pick up the Ricin from his abandoned house.

Can't wait till next Sunday. 

Unlike what most believe, I actually don't think Hank will be killed next episode. If he did, they would have shown it already. In my opinion it doesn't feel right having the episode start off with Hank being killed. It would have fit at the end of the previous episode.  And it feels as if we're tricked into believing Hank will be killed since Vince likes to trick us into thinking something will happen when it never does. I could be wrong though.

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone here watches Breaking Bad? :D If not, heck, I really recommend it! If so, what do you think of the last episodes? Considering there's only 3 to the ending of the series o.O

@,

As it so happens, we already have a thread for discussing Breaking Bad - I've merged your topic "Breaking Bad? Anyone?" with this existing one. Please use the search function in the future to see if your thread idea already exists :)