Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Breaking Bad

Samurshy

It was thanks to Lero mentioning that it was, (for as far as we know) Walt's birthday still when he died. This thought crossed my mind, Heisenberg died on the day Walt was born, just like Walt died on the day Heisenberg was born. 

If you think about it, Heisenberg was truly born when Gus died (This can be debated though) . The scene when Walt calls Skyler as he's overlooking the city, and declares to her "I won." That to me is the day Walter White died, and Heisenberg was born. So it kind of makes it come full circle if you think about it..

Edited by Sir Cal Stonehoof

It was thanks to Lero mentioning that it was, (for as far as we know) Walt's birthday still when he died. This thought crossed my mind, Heisenberg died on the day Walt was born, just like Walt died on the day Heisenberg was born. 

If you think about it, Heisenberg was truly born when Gus died (This can be debated though) . The scene when Walt calls Skyler as he's overlooking the city, and declares to her "I won." That to me is the day Walter White died, and Heisenberg was born. So it kind of makes it come full circle if you think about it..

You know what else is pretty interesting that I noticed? Many people are saying that Breaking Bad ended like a Shakespearean tragedy, and I pretty much agree. It's not known for sure, but many say that Shakespeare, like Walt, also died on his 52nd birthday!

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, totally. I love how Walt coincidentally drove a Volvo in the finale's beginning. We were exposed to him driving a Volvo at the start of season 5, so many of us assumed that he would be taking on a Gus-like role by the time we got to that point, when really at that point he was already redeeming himself and would continue to redeem himself even further. Seriously, there are SO many little things, and I can't help but admire how well-done this show is because of it. If you go on an episode's Breaking Bad Wiki page, you'll read all sorts of mind blowing little details in the trivia section. There will be some you had already noticed, but there will also be a few you didn't notice at all.

Yeah, Walt was an amazing character. Seriously, every scene with him doing something had me enthralled, even if it were just scenes of him talking or doing some insignificant task like taking a shower.

Do you mean the woodworking hallucination? My take on it is that it's what Jesse would want to do if he could ever get free, but it seemed that he was pretty hopeless so it was more of a pipe dream. As for your comment regarding Walt dying happy, I think that was mainly because he was able to find a way to get his money to his family, clear their names (phone call scene in Ozymandias), and secure their safety (killing Jack and his gang). It's so sad thinking about how Walt's own son hates him due to his phone call with Skyler img-1894154-2-sad.png when really he did it to make Skyler a blameless victim.

Heh.. yeah, I'm gonna miss this show as well, but at the same time I'm glad that they were able to successfully wrap everything up. And for all we know, Huell might be stuck in that room for life img-1894154-3-tongue.png

HOOOOOOLY CRAP, didn't notice that! 

Gotta check that trivia. These secret things just made me want to watch the whole series again, one could find lots of stuff now that we know the end smile.png I admire the transformation of Walt, watching him doing badass stuff, knowing him as a quiet man at the beginning is just so awesome! And I think this is why everyone likes this show so much!

Holy! I didn't realize that! Didn't know why that phone call in Ozymandias had so much meaning! Damn, he DID died happy! How awesome, after the show ended we're still finding stuff about it x).

Huell is the only one loose end the finale didn't clear out xD Yup, it's awesome we know the ending to this great series already wink.png better be short and epic than long and becoming boring.

Walt's death (bird's eye zoom out while men walk toward the body from off camera) reminds me a lot of Spike's death in Cowboy Bebop.

After the M-60 ran out of ammo, I was really worried that Jack or Todd would shoot Walt in the back; Walt would get up and dust himself off only for a shot to fire out of the frame and critically wound him. Then the camera would zoom out and show Jack or Todd with a smoking gun. I'm so glad that Walt executed Jack and Jesse strangled Todd. Speaking of which, Todd was one of the creepier characters in the show.

Todd was one cold killer... I started hating him when he killed that kid in the bike. When Todd saw the car through window after the shooting, I thought he was going to say "Mr. White... that was awesome!" xD and about Jack, it was awesome how Walt killed him just like he killed Hank.

This why I like the ending so much..it tied up all the loose ends, but left room for all the "what happens afterwards?" As far as the phone call goes..I think Walt knew the cops were listening in..I think he said all that he did, including kidnapping Holly to protect his family. I think he realized that they would be in danger when he left, so he wanted to make sure that the blame was all on him. 

Just learned about the spin-off, plus its suppose to be a prequel.img-1894464-3-yay.png  And if that goes well, maybe there would be another series that deals with the aftermath of Walt's reign, and death..That would be *pause for dramatic effect*  SO AWESOME! img-1894464-4-wub.png .. that is just a thought though. Oh man I could I forget Hulle! He more than likely will be in that room forever, lol.

Poor Huell... he really thinks Pinkman died... imagine what would happen if someday he sees Pinkman in the streets (if he ever leaves the room, and if Pinkman stays in ABQ), poor guy would cry and guess he'd be so happy xD. The spin-off has potential, my only wish is they get to show a Jesse or Walt cameo, something like Saul passes by the carwash and there's Walt when he still worked on there. A sequel would be awesome, I like to see Malcolm in the Middle to a prequel to the series, maybe Need for Speed (new movie in which Jesse's actor will be protagonist) counts as sequel :P

Edited by elBojo
  • Brohoof 2

@,

Todd was actually a very deep character in my opinion. There's no way anyone could be as calm and out of it as he was without having some kind of dissociative disorder. Think about it: He's close to his ne'er do well uncle and his uncle's friends which means that his direct family situation was even worse. When people go through large amounts of trauma as children, they can develop a defense mechanism that causes them to step out of themselves, so that bad things don't completely happen to them. The end result is a blunt affect like Todd's; he shows little emotion and has very abnormal reactions to traumatic events. Notice his "Wow, Mr. White" after the machine gun salvo. Todd literally was not completely there because his mind was trained to step out and avoid pain.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Todd was actually a very deep character in my opinion. There's no way anyone could be as calm and out of it as he was without having some kind of dissociative disorder. Think about it: He's close to his ne'er do well uncle and his uncle's friends which means that his direct family situation was even worse. When people go through large amounts of trauma as children, they can develop a defense mechanism that causes them to step out of themselves, so that bad things don't completely happen to them. The end result is a blunt affect like Todd's; he shows little emotion and has very abnormal reactions to traumatic events. Notice his "Wow, Mr. White" after the machine gun salvo. Todd literally was not completely there because his mind was trained to step out and avoid pain.

Hell, didn't think that much about it, but you're so right! It does have sense... Now that you say it, that "Wow, Mr. White" creeps me the hell out instead of making me laugh. Todd is really a unique character as well, never had a doubt on that, but analizing it in a deeper way, it's really interesting. Also, ever thought of why Todd gave that ice cream to Jesse? I mean, he tried to do a kind thing, but... idk, it's just creepy.

• Brohoof 1

Hell, didn't think that much about it, but you're so right! It does have sense... Now that you say it, that "Wow, Mr. White" creeps me the hell out instead of making me laugh. Todd is really a unique character as well, never had a doubt on that, but analizing it in a deeper way, it's really interesting. Also, ever thought of why Todd gave that ice cream to Jesse? I mean, he tried to do a kind thing, but... idk, it's just creepy.

Todd is just blunted. I don't quite think he's aware of things being right and wrong. He obviously likes Jesse as a friend, but he's so disconnected, that he doesn't understand the effect his actions have on others. He does what people tell him to do or what he thinks is correct; he shoots that kid because leaving a witness would be wrong. More than anything, he's very simple-minded and doesn't seem to be motivated by emotions. With Lydia, he showed his affection the way a child would, and when Jesse yelled at him for killing the kid, he seemed like a child who had just been scolded. Adding to my childhood trauma theory, he has been stuck in a state of arrested development, and he thinks and acts much like a child would.

I have so much respect for the BB writers for making such compelling secondary characters. In most shows, characters like Skinny Pete and Badger would have been glossed over as two-dimensional comic relief characters, but BB has them accidentally decide to go sober and absent-mindedly talk about Star Trek fan-fiction. It's wonderful.

By the way, nice Walter Twiwhite/Tweisenberg avatar.

• Brohoof 2

Finally got around to watching the finale. WOW. Fantastic work from all involved. I especially had to take note of Vince Gilligan's direction, which has improved tremendously since the pilot to deliver the most visually impressive piece of television all year. Masterful shot composition and pacing that brought to mind the Coen Brothers and Sergio Leone. Loved it.

Gonna miss ya, Walt! 

I found this online, but I didn't think it was real until I looked it up...Sure enough an Albuquerque newspaper published an obituary for Walter White. You can read it here:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/walter-white-obituary-albuquerque_n_4044193.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HP%2Fmedia+(Media+on+The+Huffington+Post)

• Brohoof 1

I found this online, but I didn't think it was real until I looked it up...Sure enough an Albuquerque newspaper published an obituary for Walter White. You can read it here:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/04/walter-white-obituary-albuquerque_n_4044193.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HP%2Fmedia+(Media+on+The+Huffington+Post)

haha damn, that's so awesome. my only complaint is that it's pretty spoilery :/ still, that's really cool how they did that. Speaking of Albuquerque, I want to go check out the real life Walter White house someday lol

• Brohoof 1

That, my friend, is halarious as hell!!! Bet those newspaper copies are worth lots of dollars.

haha damn, that's so awesome. my only complaint is that it's pretty spoilery :/ still, that's really cool how they did that. Speaking of Albuquerque, I want to go check out the real life Walter White house someday lol

Let's go see Ozymandia´s house! btw... who the heck wrote that HEISENBERG graffiti in there? do you remember it? Huell maybe? Oh wait, he's on the safe room... xD epic mix btw

The end was pretty nuts. At first, I thought Walt would survive the finale for sure when I saw the flash-forward of him at the cafe, but then I realised that the finale occured in and after that time, and I was like 'Oh, sh*t!' At that point, I was like 'Yeah, he's gonna die'. I really thought Jesse was gonna be killed! :o He was originally going to be killed early on in the series, but the writers apparently didn't want to because of how great at acting he was.

I think Todd was a pretty interesting character. He murdered so many people, but he's just so nice. Even before he killed Jesse's friend in the 2nd last episode, he told her it wasn't personal. Tops guy. :P

• Brohoof 1

The end was pretty nuts. At first, I thought Walt would survive the finale for sure when I saw the flash-forward of him at the cafe, but then I realised that the finale occured in and after that time, and I was like 'Oh, sh*t!' At that point, I was like 'Yeah, he's gonna die'. I really thought Jesse was gonna be killed! ohmy.png He was originally going to be killed early on in the series, but the writers apparently didn't want to because of how great at acting he was.

I think Todd was a pretty interesting character. He murdered so many people, but he's just so nice. Even before he killed Jesse's friend in the 2nd last episode, he told her it wasn't personal. Tops guy. tongue.png

Walt had to pay for his actions, I'd wanted him to live, but he died happy after all... his family got the money, he got his revenge on the nazis and he died being Heisenberg along with his empire. And Todd, darn it, never was so happy for a death in a tv show.

I think Walt learnt more from Gus than anybody.

c40130aea3071eeb870ab3079feb810a.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Walt had to pay for his actions, I'd wanted him to live, but he died happy after all... his family got the money, he got his revenge on the nazis and he died being Heisenberg along with his empire. And Todd, darn it, never was so happy for a death in a tv show.

I think Walt learnt more from Gus than anybody.

img-1905864-3-c40130aea3071eeb870ab3079f

I don't even remember that scene..but yeah I think you're right.

I just watched the finale again, and I noticed something. Walter is wearing the same clothes that he wore in the first episode. Remember when he thinks the cops are coming to get him, and he makes that video. Green shirt, and khaki slacks, just like he wore when he paid his visit to Jack.

I think Walt was lying to Skyler when he said he did it all for himself. Skyler couldn't bring herself to accept that everything Walt did was for the benefit of the family, so Walt lied one last time. It kind of distances herself from it all. I mean if Walt did it all for himself, then there is no need for her to feel guilty, right?

• Brohoof 1

There's this pretty cool app on the Breaking Bad Facebook page where you can make your name like the Breaking Bad title card. It's actually been out for a little while, but I just found out about it recently. Go on BB's Facebook page if you want to try it out.

Here's one I made using my MLPF username:

jhP731L.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

Hi guys, who here has watched Breaking Bad?

Breaking-Bad-qvemos1_433x244.jpg

If anyone doesn't know the story, it's about a high school chemistry teacher named Walter White who gets diagnosed with cancer. Walter teams up with a drug dealing student he once taught (named Jesse Pinkman) to cook and sell crystal meth so Walter can pay his medical bills and leave some money for his family incase he dies. His wife is a bitch (and pregnant) and his brother-in-law is a DEA agent and they're always closing in the walls around him. They get into a lot of shit.

I think it's a pretty good show. Probably my favorite live-action series. My favorite character is Jesse Pinkman c:

I was actually having a pretty interesting discussion with someone asking me how I could like a character that does some super messed up stuff that I wouldn't stand for IRL. I had a really hard time coming up with an answer!  :blink:  So I thought maybe it'd be worthwhile to talk about the show with some people here and see what you guys thought, liked, and didn't like.

Discuss what you want about the show here; I could talk about it for hours. Though a warning to the people who haven't watched the show... There will probably be spoilers if anybody even posts...

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Yes! My favourite show ever. I am seriously obsessed with it and i'm not afraid to admit that!

Who else is a Baddict on this forum? I want to discuss this show so badly with anyone here. There are so many things to talk about regarding this show. It's fantastic.

Btw I love you for making this thread. :wub:

Edited by Swoony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's a toss up between Walt and Jesse. I love them both in different ways.

I think Walt is more developed and overall the more interesting and dynamic character as they develop and change his character gradually through the whole series. The progress of his character is just really fascinating to watch.

As for Jesse, I find him far more relatable and sympathetic. I just feel sorry for him and his struggles. I really just wanna give him a hug or something. :wub: And the fact that nobody really believed in him or cares for him is pretty heartbreaking too. Jesse also gets development but it's more of an emotional roller coaster for him. It's really heartbreaking and i'm just really emotionally connected to him throughout the series. :(

My favourite side character would be Mike. He's just a loveable badass. I think he's awesome. :D

Edited by Swoony
  • Brohoof 1

I AGREE WITH LITERALLY ALL OF THAT.

Walt would totally be my favorite if he didn't have such terrifying anger issues... I get scared when he yells  :lol:  but his anger makes him super interesting and dimensional I think. Pretty cool character! Mike is such a cool guy too... sweet and ice cold at the same time.

I liked pretty much all of the characters in this show even though they're all bad people. This show messes with my morals LOL.

I hate Skylar though... she's so damn passive aggressive.  :okiedokielokie:

It's about time this thread was made....

Halfway through the third season and I was very fucking disappointed at what happened to the RV.

Hank just has to ruin everything. I don't like him. He needs to just stop.

• Brohoof 2