Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Disney Channel

RBDash

What is your opinion on Disney Channel? How much better was it a few years ago, and why hasn't Disney Channel stopped making It's A Laugh Track® Sitcoms?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like Phineas and Ferb, and occasionally they'll show good movies on XD, but the rest is just crap. Screw following your heart! If you're not a good singer, you're not cut out for it. A little pudgy? You're fat! Hahaha!

Ugh. Walt Disney's name has been put to utter shame.

Edited by Bluebell

My opinion is that they used to be wonderful. Like, remember Even Stevens? Or Phil of the Future? All great. Nowdays their shows are always either mind-blowingly good or mind-numbingly bad.

(edited)

Kim Possible was awesome. I also remember they had this timone and pumba series going on for a little while that I watched.

And even before that I believe they were the ones who hosted the Aladdin series which I loved; I used to watch it every day before school, but that must have been like kindergarden or something because I remember I started watching Pokemon in like second grade maybe.

Now it's... I dunno, it seems to have gone the route of cartoon network as far as I know. The shows have no substance, and the comedy is bland, seems mostly like unoriginal rehashed humor that even a child would be hard pressed to really laugh at. I've completely given up on all of those networks to be honest...

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 1

With the the exception of Phineas and Ferb, it hasn't had anything good in years. It just seems that the creativity that was once present was sapped and replaced with bad jokes, shabby acting and forgettable actors. It's just that it appears to have become nothing more than a launching platform for their next generation of merchandise and nothing else.

• Brohoof 1

Phineas and Ferb is a really good cartoon. But the rest is all crap. Disney used to have a bunch of great cartoons, but all those shows have now been replaced by corny and generic laugh track sitcoms. They launch a new sitcom every 3 months or so, and all of it is the same.

So here you have:

The generic teenage protagonist

The best friend of the protagonist

Idiotic brother

Generic popular antagonist

Douchebag love interest of protagonist

I just summed up every character for all those shows.

• Brohoof 2

It used to have good stuff. My absolute favourite thing they no longer have? Fillmore! That show was fantastic. It parodied and pastiched buddy cop shows and movies, but in a school setting. And it did it so well, and with such a clever touch. From all I've seen, you could combine everything new on there, and between them all, they'd still not muster up a tenth of what that show had to offer.

• Brohoof 1

Disney Channel is a sad thing. Where it used to have sitcoms that were actually watchable alongside various cartoons that I adored as a child, it now has NOTHING that I would call good, save for like Phineas and Ferb, which I hardly watch anyways. The entire thing is riding on a pre-teen's love for boy bands and pop singers on Radio Disney. I don't really like Good Luck Charlie, but at the very least it doesn't follow the ridiculous trend that every other live action show they put out there follows.

Hell, most of the singers are autotuned. It's fairly obvious. It's disappointing that Disney has gotten so bad.

I grew up on Even Stevens, Fillmore, Kim Possible, and Recess (All I love still).

Now it all sucks nowadays, it got bad after Hannah Montana, I haven't even watched the whole channel in a year now. Although the original Suite Life of Zach and Cody was legit and watchable. The Suite Life on deck was terribad.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think Disney Channel is bad now. They have a couple good show but I liked the older shows more like Recess, Phil of the Future, That's so Raven, Sweet life of Zack and Cody, and others

Edited by Thatpony124

I never really watched Disney Channel, but I remember Phineas and Ferb being good, as well as Suite Life of Zack and Cody. The Suite Life on Deck is terrible, and every sitcom you see now is absolute garbage, most of it being recycled lines and laugh tracks every 5 seconds. I really wish Disney XD hadn't replaced Fox Kids/Jetix.

I watch this a lot recently because of my little brother.

Phieas and Ferb is pretty good on it, but after 100 episodes it get's a bit sameing ><.

The rest of the stuff is OK, but i don't like it. It's mainly about 1 guy flirting loads with girls ect (Pair of kings). There are some other OK cartoon on it at the moment but nothing as good as what used to be on there like Kim Possible and Recess which i loved to watch when I was 12/13.

Their new show "Gravity Falls" has some serious potential; I laughed several times. It's in the same boat as SpongeBob, MLP, etc.

However, their constant laugh tracks and the way they plaster the damned Disney logo over every show logo is irritating, to say in the least.

Disney channel has gotten worse over the years. I loved the old shows they put on there, and I like how they put some of them back on disney XD.

However, I would like to point out that a new show Laruen faust is working on is going to appear on disney channel. Maybe it will make the channel good again. :)

Well, I still watch it sometimes, well no correction it is on my T.V. at night, while i'm on the forums. So yeah I don't find it all that good, or that bad. I will say that the show Gravity Falls might be good, i've managed to actually watch it, but yeah not much else on there I enjoy.

(edited)

Remember Mickey Mouse? The most famous Disney character ever?

Well Disney thought it was a good idea to never speak of him again and talk more about teen celebrities, Because I guess that is more cooler than a beloved icon.

Oh, and also cancel the good animated shows that kept them running as a good channel.

Edited by SweetieBelle Excel
  • Brohoof 1

Remember Mickey Mouse? The most famous Disney character ever?

Well Disney thought it was a good idea to never speak of him again and talk more about teen celebrities, Because I guess that is more cooler than a beloved icon.

No they are speaking of him...to preschoolers.

They decided they wanted an educational show for Micky mouse. Not a funny cartoon but an educational show.

What ever happen to the house of mouse?

No they are speaking of him...to preschoolers.

They decided they wanted an educational show for Micky mouse. Not a funny cartoon but an educational show.

What ever happen to the house of mouse?

Never...talk about that evil creation known as a educational show again! It should never be talked about EVER AGAIN!!!

Anyways, I really loved the House of Mouse, It had a good setup and was a sight as a kid to see your favorite Disney characters all at once. I need to delve deeper in the internet to find out why they cancelled it.

• Brohoof 1

I only remembered watching an episode of House of Mouse on the Disney Channel, I enjoyed pretty much.

(edited)

Now that I think about it...Wasn't the house of mouse on Toon Disney? Toon Disney was so much better then Disney channel in my opinion. even back then. Now they replaced that channel with disneyXD which has mostly Laugh track shows.

Edited by Bandana RaccoonBLee

well the channel is ok but the best show is gravity falls :lol:

i never seen that show

That's probably because it aired from 2001 to 2003 in the Disney Channel.