Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Battlefield 4 Discussion and Requests

One

Well, EA is now trying to get more money but this time with Battlefield 4.

I've seen the trailers so far, I really am impressed by the game. We could easily blame EA if this game does fail. I know Battlefield will always be a good game series, I just hope no bugs & glitches with this one.

• Brohoof 1

At least Battlefield has better graphics than CoD. But really ? Battlefield 4 already ?... wtf ? >_>

TBH Battlefield 3 was released 1 year 4 months ago, while CoD MW3 and BO II had less than a year in-between them. Let's not forget the fact that the game has it's beta released Fall, and the game will probably be released early 2014, which means 2 years and 2-3 months would be in between BF3 and BF4. So it's not all that "already" it's more between "about damn time" and "right on time".

Anyway, I'm pretty excited, I haven't played BF since Bad Company 2. Finally a new shooter for me to obsess over. Hope it's gonna be good. Trailers aren't really telling anything though.  Guess we'll need to wait for the 27th to get some actual footage.

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 1

Battlefield 4

Anything and everything related to Battlefield 4 goes here! Here is where we discuss about the game by sharing the latest news, videos and rumors!

Videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD9fWUUeL00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U

If you find any sort of news you'd like me to add on this thread, feel free to post it below so that I can add it onto the thread!

• Brohoof 5

Ermahgerd. Can't wait. But i cant help but spot out...... Its like Battlefield 3.5. From what i seen, Most of the Animations, Guns. Ect. are pretty much like Battlefield 3. But either way im still buying it because im a no good Battlefield fanboy.

• Brohoof 1

Didn't Battlefield 3 come out like a year ago?

I swear, there are too many FPS games that come out far too often these days. I had horrid experiences with BF3, mainly how EA have no idea on how to keep a server running and whatnot. 

I'd much rather this over another CoD though (awaiting fanboy assault in 3,2,1...).

• Brohoof 1

I agree with Smitty; the guns and animations look the same, and I believe even the graphics look the same!
But I'm still buying it, cos I absolutely love all Battlefield games. img-1311308-1-blush.png

I mainly hope the story in this game will be better than the BF3 one. In my opinion the Battlefield 3 story line was pathetic.

But anyway, I'M BUYING IT! >:3

Edited by Aquais
  • Brohoof 1

Ermahgerd. Can't wait. But i cant help but spot out...... Its like Battlefield 3.5. From what i seen, Most of the Animations, Guns. Ect. are pretty much like Battlefield 3. But either way im still buying it because im a no good Battlefield fanboy.

At least it wasn't like Modern Warfare 2.1 where most of the things didn't change.

I swear, there are too many FPS games that come out far too often these days. I had horrid experiences with BF3, mainly how EA have no idea on how to keep a server running and whatnot. 

I'd much rather this over another CoD though (awaiting fanboy assault in 3,2,1...).

I've never had any problems with the servers.

I agree with Smitty; the guns and animations look the same, and I believe even the graphics look the same!

But I'm still buying it, cos I absolutely love all Battlefield games. img-1311308-1-blush.png

I mainly hope the story in this game will be better than the BF3 one. In my opinion the Battlefield 3 story line was pathetic.

But anyway, I'M BUYING IT! >:3

~Luna

They only used 30% of the Frostbite 2 engine in Battlefield 3 but they will be using 80-85% of the engine in Battlefield 4, so the graphics won't be and aren't the same.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty stoked about this game.

Battlefield 3 was released on October 2011. This game is slated to release this year in the fall. That's about two years apart. The main Battlefield entry prior to BF3 was BFBC2, released in March 2010, just under two years before BF3. Before that, Bad Company was released in June 2008, just under three years before BFBC2. A minor release, Battlefield 1943, fell between BFBC and BFBC2 in July 2009.

So yeah, given the typical two-to-three year spacing of major releases since this console gen (and with it, a shift in how the game market generally treats new releases), we're about due for a new entry.

Edited by DusK

I probably won't be getting this. Loved Battlefield 2, loved Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 was meh to me though, and this looks pretty much the same thing. Oh well, I can't really accuse dice of not innovating when we have games like Calla Dooty around, releasing an overpriced reskin every year.

Battlefield 3 was released on October 2011. This game is slated to release this year in the fall. That's about two years apart. The main Battlefield entry prior to BF3 was BFBC2, released in March 2010, just under two years before BF3. Before that, Bad Company was released in June 2008, just under three years before BFBC2. A minor release, Battlefield 1943, fell between BFBC and BFBC2 in July 2009.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think that the Bad Company games were considered part of the main series?

No question about it i'll definitely be buying this game. Purely because of the graphics and multiplayer.  I know there people out there that are saying graphics aren't everything, and they'd be right, but there something so satisfying about playing such a beautiful game.

I'll probably have built a new PC by then so i can run it properly.  

I probably won't be getting this. Loved Battlefield 2, loved Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3 was meh to me though, and this looks pretty much the same thing. Oh well, I can't really accuse dice of not innovating when we have games like Calla Dooty around, releasing an overpriced reskin every year.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think that the Bad Company games were considered part of the main series?

They may not be numbered, but they were definitely full-featured titles in their own right. Several companies are doing this now, releasing spinoffs that aren't so much "side" games as they are full games in their own right with content comparable to any game in what would otherwise be the main series.

Edited by DusK

Been a BF fanboy since 1942. Couldnt help it then cant help it now, Ill buy this beause it is BF but its.....

Its really kinda pathetic. This is BF 3.5: same cut and paste CoD wanna be campaign, same engine, same graphics, same weapons, slightly remixed classes Ill bet. *Sigh* makes me a little bit depressed that Ill end up getting this rehashed expansion pack for full price. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm really sick of seeing this "OH DAH BF IS TURNING INTO COD" Seriously people? Than leave. Well lets all take a moment to think about facts.  BF3 came out in Fall of 2011. BF4 is coming out Fall of 2013. Doing basic math, that is a 2 year different. If they take any longer making there games, EA wouldn't make enough money and Dice in all would of been dropped, and 2 years is a long time. Also, I'm sure that after seeing the trailers that BF4 isn't going back to 2001 graphics. I'm just sayin. Oh and even if they do have the same graphics, its campaign looks a HELL of a lot better than BF3's campaign >.>

Still waiting on BFBC3...

Edited by Retro✮Derpy
  • Brohoof 2

I'm really sick of seeing this "OH DAH BF IS TURNING INTO COD" Seriously people? Than leave. Well lets all take a moment to think about facts.  BF3 came out in Fall of 2011. BF4 is coming out Fall of 2013. Doing basic math, that is a 2 year different. If they take any longer making there games, EA wouldn't make enough money and Dice in all would of been dropped, and 2 years is a long time. Also, I'm sure that after seeing the trailers that BF4 isn't going back to 2001 graphics. I'm just sayin. Oh and even if they do have the same graphics, its campaign looks a HELL of a lot better than BF3's campaign >.>

Still waiting on BFBC3...

I think that when most people are saying that it is becoming more like CoD is that its becoming an arcade style shooter. BF was never meant to be an arcade shooter when it came out and its just slowly moving in that direction as their biasing their target market on the CoD generation of players.

I mean look at the expansion packs, Back to Karkand (IMHO still the best) was a throwback to pre-arcade generation of Battlefield 2

Close Quarters did its best to turn our beloved Battlefield INTO CoD, same game types, same small map layouts, and other not very BF things blech.

Armoured Kill, once again very BF. Very in league with the feelings of BF and not CoD

Then they started nose diving again with Aftermath and Endgame. Both bring non Battlefield type gamemodes and play styles into the game, and both add weapons that feel MUCH more in home in a CoD game than Battlefield. 

I am a very big fan of Rush, if done with a good non overpopulated server it is very fun and still feels like Battlefield to me. But other than that most game modes try to reward being Rambo and killing people by hiding in a corner building over trying to win a fight on a Battlefield. 

• Brohoof 2

My reaction to Battlefield 3.5 in crisp gif imagery and movement.

eIlWQ.gif

Really I won't buy it simply because Battlefield is only fun if I screw around in it and I don't feel like slapping 60$ for a game I will only do barrel rolls in jets and helicopters in

I guess I am pretty happy that EA & DICE decided to make a Battlefield 4.

I just hope that it won't have the lag, bugs, and glitches that BF3 had in multiplayer. But, it will still have dedicated servers and I know that the campaign will be awesome to occupy someone for hours while playing it.

Here is my reaction to Battlefield 4:

tumblr_luqblbQaIL1qi2oej.gif

I can't wait! I am building a new Gaming PC this summer, so It will be built in time for the release of BF4 cool.png

I wonder what the premium system will be like.....

• Brohoof 1

im getting bf4 and the 720 with it which will be awesome because I hear the it will be able to hold 64 man servers and have 60 fps which will be amazing, I hope they will have more character models for bf4 multiplayer because in bf3 if you were a engineer for the whole game then you'd be stuck with that one character model (appearance), im also excited to see how the Chinese will fit in this, but besides from that BF4 WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE ME MAOR DAMN TANKS! MWHAHAHAHAHAHHA  -laughs manicly-

Ahh those were the days when tanks poped up from no where.. blowing stuff up.. -sighs happily- those were the days... let them come back.. please  sad.png

• Brohoof 2

No, Battlefield 3 came out in October 2011. So technically it came out almost 2 years ago. BF3 had a good lifespan and Battlefield 4 will be released maybe in early 2014, since it is confirmed for the PS4. 

I guess I am pretty happy that EA & DICE decided to make a Battlefield 4.

I just hope that it won't have the lag, bugs, and glitches that BF3 had in multiplayer. But, it will still have dedicated servers and I know that the campaign will be awesome to occupy someone for hours while playing it.

Here is my reaction to Battlefield 4:

img-1313065-1-tumblr_luqblbQaIL1qi2oej.g

The Battlefield 3 beta had many bugs such as constantly falling through the map and the infamous ''neck glitch'', which we're all fixed in the full game.

I can't wait! I am building a new Gaming PC this summer, so It will be built in time for the release of BF4 img-1313346-1-cool.png

I wonder what the premium system will be like.....

All the Battlefield 3 premium members get access to the Battlefield 4 beta along with all the people who pre ordered Medal of Honor: Warfighter (I think)

So if anyone is interested, Levelcap (just some guy who does mostly Battlefield 3 videos) uploaded a video that analyzes the Battlefield 4 trailer, and he does a pretty good job at it. He points out some things you may have not even noticed.

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, I don't care a whole lot about the campaign, I really want to see some multiplayer footage. I am really doubting that the campaign is gonna be any good, considering I didn't care much for Battlefield 3's campaign.

I really don't think they should be releasing this game on current-gen consoles. They reached the maximum point on the current gen consoles with BF3, so they can't really add anything new while still having the game run with current-gen hardware. I think it should be on future-gen consoles so they can put more into the game and not have to limit it due to weak hardware. Make it a bit more like the PC version. Also, on next-gen, they could probably put full environmental destruction in it.