Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A                                                                                      

Same. I'm a female and mentally dating Applejack, though I'm asexual in real life--nothing wrong with that.

Falling in love with a cartoon character may be bad, but you feel there's always a friend there supporting you.

• Brohoof 3

One of my best friends have a crush on Fluttershy. I don't see anything wrong with it, it's not unnatural or anything.

Personally, I like Twilight a lot but I wouldn't say I'm in love with her. If she was real I would probably go for her though xD

Is it healthy to have an intense attraction to a fictional character? Probably not. But in my opinion, it all depends on how well you can handle it.

As I've stated many times before, I once had an affection/obsession over a non-human video game character that lasted the better part of three years. I did not handle it very well - I know where y'all are coming from. It fucking hurts like nothing else to have these immeasurable feelings that you try in every way you can to express - but it doesn't make you feel any better because the target of your affection will never know. It's heartbreaking to have reality consistently throwing in your face the fact of their non-existence, to be constantly reminded that you can never hold or talk to the one whom you love, no matter how badly you want it. I got to the point of attempting a very stupid act, because I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. When it gets that bad, there is definitely a cause for concern, and you should get some help before even coming to that point.

However, it's not all bad. There is a very nice sense of comfort you have when you have these kind of attractions. They almost feel like your best friend - you can tell them anything, and they will listen. They will not judge you, nor ever hurt you. They can inspire you to create art and writing and music like you never have before, they can bring out sides of your personality and feelings that you never thought you had. And sometimes, even though you know it not to be possible - just sometimes, you can feel the love that they have to give back.

These feelings some of us have for fictional characters are a wonderful tool for self-discovery and improvement, not to mention inspiration. But let them take control, and you're in for a world of pain and emotional torture you never thought possible. Proceed with caution, but don't be afraid to get your feet wet.

TL;DR: You're fine, just keep your grip on reality intact at all times.

• Brohoof 1

But everyone loves Fluttershy silly!

Seriously though i think most people often have an over-obession with anime characters so your not alone. Im not sure exactly how much you love Fluttershy like that but as long as you keep in touch with reality then i think its ok.

I sometimes have dreams of Fluttershy and that alone satisfies me even though it wasn't real.

Edited by ~Flaming Gem~

I have an obsession with Rarity, and I love her...but I have my feets on the ground and I know that she's not real, so I can consider myself just a huge fan of hers...

how can I satisfy my obsession and fulfill it? Buying rarity t-shirts, items, plushies, and maybe toys. Another way? Seeing her in the show, drawing her or animating her...I do that, and I'm happy

• Brohoof 4

I have an obsession with Rarity, and I love her...but I have my feets on the ground and I know that she's not real, so I can consider myself just a huge fan of hers...

how can I satisfy my obsession and fulfill it? Buying rarity t-shirts, items, plushies, and maybe toys. Another way? Seeing her in the show, drawing her or animating her...I do that, and I'm happy

Boom! Rarity best pony! :D

I can see where you are coming from. Awhile back I formed a bit of a crush on Toph from Avatar. To me, it sounds like you are more in love with the idea of Fluttershy. She has many qualities which would be desirable in another person. She’s sweet, kind, she’s very and nurturing. All of which are great traits for someone to have. I guess I’d try and find someone who has a similar personality to Fluttershy’s. By the way that did take some courage to admit so props to you my friend.

Edited by Flying Whales
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there's nothing wrong with having feelings for another sapient being. But you must understand even if Fluttershy is real, she is outside of our universe, so there's no way you'll ever come into contact with her.

Unless we build a trans-dimensional portal, but even then if you can meet her, I expect you to treat her with dignity and respect just like a Human. If you don't treat Fluttershy well, you'll face an angry mod of Bronies.

Our universe sucks, everything is logical.

Edited by Rush

I kind of had this problem before, but I got out of it. How?

I used to have the same problem with Rainbow Dash. I loved her. I always wanted to be with her. To have her around. To hug her and be with her. Sometimes I would actually look out the window or in the sky, hoping she would appear. There's this huge dirt pit to the left of my house, beyond a skinny line of trees and bushes. I actually went over there, only to see if the mane 6 were there.

I didn't like thinking about reality. Reality is a bitch, and I still think that. I never thought about reality. I always thought Rainbow Dash was real, Equestria is real. And I still do, but I don't let it interfere with me. Because even if RD was real, I would never meet her IRL, but I'm kind of getting off track.

Eventually, it was just getting stupid. A few points I thought about killed myself (My life at that moment wasn't really that great either) At one point I was actually writing suicide note. I only did about one line though, saying everyone was assholes (lol) When one of my brother's came in. He took the paper (Never knowing it was a suicide note). I doubt I would've actually done it, but I'm not sure. Afterwards the idea sort of diminished.

But how I dealt RD problem. I eventually faced reality. I gave reality the finger, and sort of convinced myself I won't be seeing RD. I didn't really watch the show much, although I think I already finished watching it at that point though. It's been a few months now, and I've been better. RD is still my fav character, but I try not to get emotionally attached anymore. Although I had a dream about Applejack recently that may have done some things, but I seem fine.

But that is what I did. I faced reality and it's shit. It was probably hard, but I'm doing better than I was before. I still do have problems though. Like something very pointless or ridiculous happens.

*Imagines self pulling out gun and killing self*

Although I think at this point it's turned into like a joke. (How nice /sarcasm) But I've been doing well so far. I have been through some shit though. I mean I think I was having suicidal thoughts at the around age of 5-7. I mean ****ing 5-7. Although I don't remember if it was serious or not. I'm pretty sure I would've never done it. Plus I've been through sort of a depression about a year or two ago, which caused more suicidal thoughts. But at least that's gone.

My advice? Face reality, keep dreaming, but don't fall.

• Brohoof 1

I know where people are coming from here. I think Rainbow Dash is cute as hell and I would hang out with her all the time if she were real. I also said she was my pick if I had to marry one of the 6. But if you want to talk about a pony I really have a crush on, well...er...

Posted Image

"*Ahem.* That would be me, darling."

:blush:

I can't help it. She's just so beautiful. Sure she's not real, but that part doesn't bother me. When you think about it, most real-life relationships are built on illusions, lies, or unspoken agreements to lie. How many times has a pony lied to you? Or cheated on you, or broken your heart? For me the fact that they're not real is a blessing, not a curse. In your imagination everything is as good as you want it to be.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 1

Wow I remember this thread, this is sooooooo old!!! In response to the topic, I had a crush on Rainbow Dash before, but I got over it. As long as it doesn't strongly affect your life, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

• Brohoof 1

We have quite a few members with the smae problem. I ship my OC with Fluttershy but I don't bring it to ridiculous lengths, I just think the two look good together so I do my shipping with them :D but to feel like THIS is a bit over the top. You aren't the only one on the site beleive me!

For me it isn't even a problem. Very often she gives me strength and motivation. Hmmm and telling someone to look for a human with personality of pony isn't such a good idea because how would you feel if someone said that girl you love so much and want to marry is easily replacable? If you love someone you don't want to replace it with anything in the world and it's that one and only :wub:

• Brohoof 1

lol people still talking in this thread?

OP is done with ponies. Well, untill season 3.

But guys, I am over fluttershy.

I got over here MONTHS ago.

Too bad, Spyro. You've created a monster. Now watch as it slowly consumes the entire forum! Every member will be falling in love with a pony and it's all your fault! :lol:

I must get away and find a pony I'm not attracted to. I know...Pinkie Pie!

Posted Image

NOOOOOO

• Brohoof 2

But guys, I am over fluttershy.

I got over here MONTHS ago.

If that's good for you then that's good for you and I 'm happy for you :lol:

Solution: Internet and a crapload of lubricant.

Have fun, kiddo. It'll go away eventually. Probably.

If these feelings don't go away within three months, then you might have to call a professional.

I really don't like the way you're talking about this and addresing others http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by ShadowSong

I think I shall bring up my controversial views on us Humans liking these Ponies again.

Hey nopony gave a darn when Commander Shepard dated an Alien.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dammit Studio B, you just had to make your characters extremely wonderful! Hell, I didn't even think it would be possible for someone like Pinkie Pie to have a flirty side, which is more than just seductive/adorable if you catch my drift!

• 2 months later...

Hi im 14 and i became a brony  about a month ago. First i heard about brony's and thought "LOL Thats gay". Then i looked up "Brony" on Google and my interest grew for brony's. I thought I'd watch a eposode online and after that i found my self to like this program and would watch it every day. I watched all  3 seasons in a week. The character Rainbow dash i found very interesting and nice, as time went on i found that im strangely in love with rainbow dash. I do not think of her as sexy but nice. Is this normal?

Also, i found out that 1/10 guys are brony's this helped me because i was scared that i might get bullied at school and it maid me wonder-

1) Is it okay/normal to be a brony.

2) Does being a brony make me gay.

3) is it okay/normal to be in love with a character out of MLP

Thanks-  Ollie6125

• Brohoof 4

1) As long as you're not hurting anyone it's fine.

2) You are only homosexual if you are exclusively attracted to the same sex. If you mean gay as in lame, then no.

3) We all have our fictional crushes. As long as you don't take the waifu thing too far it's not going to be bad.

• Brohoof 8

1) It's absolutely okay to be a brony. It's an awesome show, don't let stupid people keep you from enjoying it.

2) It definitely does not make you gay. I'm completely straight.

3) I used to be in love with Rainbow Dash too, so I completely know how you feel. Just don't let it take over your life or anything, and you'll be fine. :)

• Brohoof 2

1) Yes, it's ok.

2) HECK NO!

3) Yes, it's ok

It's true that 1/10 guys are bronies, but it's also been proven by scientists that the vast majority of bronies are heterosexual. So don't worry about being gay just because you're a brony! 

1) As long as you're not hurting anyone it's fine.

2) You are only homosexual if you are exclusively attracted to the same sex. If you mean gay as in lame, then no.

3) We all have our fictional crushes. As long as you don't take the waifu thing too far it's not going to be bad.

Pretty much this. Interestingly enough, there are quite a few people who share the same issue (similar thread for your convenience). It's not too big of an issue, although if it begins to interfere with real life, then you should get it resolved.

And yes, Rainbow Dash is awesome.

• Brohoof 3

GET IN LINE!

Ha ha, just kidding, kind of...

1: Sure, it's a very appealing show. All sorts of people enjoy it.

2: No. I'm entirely straight, and most of the people here probably are too.

3: Well I don't know, but since I'm in love with Rainbow Dash too I'm not in much of a position to judge.

Welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your time here :).

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2