Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

N/A                                                                                      

And THIS is the reason the haters have so much ammo. Yes, MLP ponies are awesome.. but its called 'beastiality' here in the Real World.. and its illegal in most states of the US....

Beastiality is a sex act between a human and an animal. Not physical or emotional attraction to a cartoon character. It's not beastiality to find yourself attracted to a character from MLP.

• Brohoof 3

It's tricky. They are as characters, meant to be attractive in personality and lovable in appearance. In a sense, yes we are supposed to have some attraction or them because that's how they are manufactured. HOWEVER, the physical Eros level of attraction for cartoon horses pushes into borderline animal fetishism. I say borderline as there is a blur between "I'm attracted to Applejack" and "I'm attracted to horses." You could go into an endless scifi board-esque debate on whether or not intelligent beasts equal to humans in intellect really are considered "beasts" or just a different race but when it boils down to it, to be attracted to a pony it really comes down to "Is the fact that it resembles an animal" part of what attracts me.

It wouldn't be a new incidence. In fact, this has been happening since the beginning of time. Ever since humanity has woven stories, there have been people who have been attracted to the characters in these works. There's even the tale of Pygmalion, a Greek scultpor who fell in love with his own statue.

And yes, that even includes transcending physical similarities. Even if a character isn't human on the outside, they are human on the inside, and that is that we find beautiful. Besides, MLP ponies are anthropomorphized, so even on the outside they are meant to be cute and appealing to human beings. Pair that with the inner human beauty and you've got a perfect recipe for attraction.

Comparing MLP ponies and real life horses is like comparing apples and oranges.

PS: I'm attracted to Vinyl Scratch. ;)

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 2

Its something that is very common. Specially within this fandom, oddly enough.

Me myself would never "marry" one of them, but i will agree that they can make your blood rush sometimes xD

Dude, seriosly?

It's not like we're going to go out. Finding actual ponies to go screw around with... in all honesty, it's not much of the look that people are attracted to anyways but moreso the personality

This whole argument about bestiality is really starting to get old...

Seriously, there is a difference between candy colored cartoon ponies and real life ones and to be honest, I find it quite ridiculous that people blend the two together somehow :/

the haters will use EVERYTHING against us.. so you gotta think like them to stop them.. as weird as that sounded...

still its not natural to like a cartoon character, regardless of your or anyone elses arguement. If you want to be attacted to anyone.. try humans.. even if they do drive you nuts LOL

the haters will use EVERYTHING against us.. so you gotta think like them to stop them.. as weird as that sounded...

still its not natural to like a cartoon character, regardless of your or anyone elses arguement. If you want to be attacted to anyone.. try humans.. even if they do drive you nuts LOL

In all honesty, and I am really not wanting to start an argument about it but.. attraction to cartoon characters is really not all that uncommon

There are more people on this world that are attracted to some sort of cartoon character whether it be an anime or whatnot....

The biggest thing that attracts people to the characters in MLP are more or less their personalities.

While in some cases, their physical appearance attracts people as well

This is really honestly nothing new, you see this in almost every cartoon fanbase and yet they don't seem to have much grief because of it

Why would MLP be an exception :/

This is really aomething that I do not wish to argue over so Let's just leave this be

• Brohoof 2

Being attracted to a cartoon character even if it is a pony in this case is harmless and alot more common than you think. It can be a bit confusing to feel that way about someone that is technically not human but so long as it dosen't cross over into obsession you have nothing to worry about.

• Brohoof 1

Must be the sixth time a thread like this has been made? 

It's obviously normal, considering that the majority of the brony fandom are in heads over tails in love with their favorite pony. Including me, I admit. And I'm a girl. Lesbian.

So basically, the bronies who are not in love with their favorites are actually the abnormal ones. People should be asking if it's okay not to be attracted to a pony. 

We actually have an actual word for people who are sexually attracted to cartoon ponies: cloppers. As far as I know we are the only fandom who had a rather official name for that. So...yeah. It's so common it's not even funny. People won't look at you strangely, they'll pass you by because your crush on an MLP character is commonly seen among others as well. 

• Brohoof 3

It's absolutely normal, don't be bothered by it and just enjoy it.

If you catch yourself building shrines or giving Fluttershy a blood sacrifice, then you should stop ad think, but apart from that, normal and nothing to be worried about.

I dont even want to think about how many times i've said this or seen it said now, but here it goes again. 

MLP ponies and real life ponies are two completely different concepts - as far as im concerned, being attracted to one of the former isn't a problem so long as you dont let it be. As a species, humans are genetically coded to react in certain ways to certain things - these certain things in this circumstance being the ponies more "human" features. Their anime style eyes, their female nature (assumed that's what you're sexually oriented with), their loveable and relatable personalities. It's not like we're going to go out and screw a Shetland now is it? 

Honestly, I had a crush on Applejack for the longest time when I first became a brony, still kinda do, but it's not like it's ever going to happen obviously, so I just leave it up to my subconscious and my inner fantasist to enjoy those thoughts/feelings. (How many people can say honestly that they've looked at Cortana in Halo 4 and not wanted to do bad things? C'mon guys ;) you know what i'm talking about)

Personally I would say there's nothing wrong with it, dont be ashamed of it, but dont go bragging about it. There's nothing worse than admitting you are attracted to a cartoon character to someone who doesn't understand - especially with the "all bronies are peado's" label that we have. 

• Brohoof 1

Well I've been poked at with this topic several times. So much so it's become somewhat of a running joke between me and my friends.

I have had a crush on Rainbow Dash for the longest time. Probably since day 1, I just didn't know it yet. I'm not really sexually attracted to her, as much as I love her personality, and character. I sometimes wish that she herself was a human so I could marry her kind of thing. I know it sounds weird, but this still doesn't mean I want to do any sort of dirty thing to her. I just feel like she would make me really happy if she was real. It's hard to explain, but I don't think it's bad in any sense, just... Subconscious fictional desire. I'm bad at explaining things...

• Brohoof 1

Must be the sixth time a thread like this has been made? 

It's obviously normal, considering that the majority of the brony fandom are in heads over tails in love with their favorite pony. Including me, I admit. And I'm a girl. Lesbian.

And i love them even if i'm not a lesbian :D

There's nothing wrong in being in love with the personality of a "person" from a cartoon. as long as you don't you know like, get one of the Lyra plushies ;)

Edited by Lolnus

If there were ever a portal between Earth and Equus, I wouldn't want to be Derpy.  The sheer bulk of mail that the mane 6 would get would make the Miracle on 34th street scene with the letters dumped on the judges head look tame.

And THIS is the reason the haters have so much ammo. Yes, MLP ponies are awesome.. but its called 'beastiality' here in the Real World.. and its illegal in most states of the US....

Technically, if another being is sapient and sentient, it's not bestiality.  More like xenophilia, a word that hasn't really had the chance to be applied to anything but imaginary things (like shipping human x intelligent non-human).

That said, like what you want, man.

• Brohoof 1

If there were ever a portal between Earth and Equus, I wouldn't want to be Derpy.  The sheer bulk of mail that the mane 6 would get would make the Miracle on 34th street scene with the letters dumped on the judges head look tame.

On the plus side she would get the occasional package of muffins from some of her die hard fans, and the mane 6 would never run out of toilet paper or kindling for fire ever again.

The great thing about this show is how you can be abnormally attracted to one of the characters and no Brony will blame you for it - every character has so much to them, to love and appreciate. The prominence of Bronies as a community, and the discussion the show merits, is testament to that.

There's even less to blame when it's Fluttershy. She's a great character, and according to the Favourite Pony thread, the most popular character. Anyone here who tells you to snap out of it, is not a real Brony. 

I echo what a lot of other people here have said in that I don't think there is anything wrong with finding them attractive. It isn't a physical attraction for me, but the personality and characteristics they show. Fluttershy is also my favorite pony and girls like her are the ones I'm attracted to. It is the quiet caring nature that just makes her so special to me. It has been said many times in this topic that the only thing that matters is if you find it weird. I'd be careful who you tell about this though, as a lot of people wont seperate personality attraction from pony attraction.

• Brohoof 1

If your talking on a emotional level, it's just a sign of how well written and likable the characters are, the point of good writing is to elicit a emotional response from the viewer/reader.  

Unless your taking it to insane levels, there's nothing wrong with having a harmless crush on a fictional character.  

Everyone has their little idiosyncrasies that make them "weird", it's part of life. Noone is textbook "normal", and the world would be a lot more boring if we were.  

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

We actually have an actual word for people who are sexually attracted to cartoon ponies: cloppers. As far as I know we are the only fandom who had a rather official name for that.

Not sure if they meant that far of an attraction, but yes. And furries have Yiffers, so we aren't alone.

OT: Yes, being attracted to a pony is perfectly fine as long as you keep your head level with it and don't let it go too far. I'm horribly attracted to Ditzy thanks to fanfics and AJ behind her. And as most have said, its really common to like characters period, so no worries.

• Brohoof 2

Being a brony, an animator, and an avid fan of animation in general, I have a interesting perspective on this. I'll use myself as the example.

Have I found some of the ponies attractive? Yes. Applejack's personality is very similar to that of a person in real life that I'm actually attracted to right now. Their honesty, hard work ethic, and selflessness are just things I love about both of them. But they also both have the problem of trying to do everything on their own or pushing themselves too hard causing them to get into trouble. Because of this, I find Applejack attractive on a deeper level than any of the other ponies on the show. She's also plays to my inner cowboy and inner western spirit that wants to retire to the beautiful old west, like Colorado. But man that blonde hair...

Anyways, Rarity is another one. She plays to my more creative side being in a creative field myself. I can relate to her a lot, especially when she's over dramatic as I was a stage actor for 11 years and can also act very similarly from time to time. She also reflects the personable personality of the person I'm attracted to when she's with her friends, her being the person, not Rarity. Rarity is always that way. But man something about Rarity's eyes...

Now referring back to the blonde hair/eyes comments, I tend to find that female animated characters that we're supposed to like usually have physical appearances/personalities that are just plain attractive. This happens to me a lot with animated films. Since animators usually have similar tastes and we tend to make feminine characters based on those tastes, I tend to get attracted to a lot of animated characters. I got attracted to EVE from WALL-E for crying out loud! Anywho, that's something I've noticed personally.

Yet who are my favorite ponies in the show? Rainbow Dash and Twilight. But didn't I just say I was attracted to Applejack/Rarity? Yes, but RD and Twili, he he, remind me of my sisters. The similarities between them are hilarious and makes me love those characters to death! Which brings me to my point... 

You're attracted to what you're attracted to. Whether it's a pony, a robot, a car, or a bird, it's the pieces that make them up to which you're attracted to. They may be a fictitious character sure, but they're normally based on real life things that do exist. And who knows, perhaps you will find your Fluttershy some day.  ;)      

• Brohoof 1