Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [OOC] Equestrian War

~The Snowy Wolf~

Well after reading the posts, (the second time I went through it before posting), I beg to disagree. Though it verges on debate, there is no absolutes in magic. Such a thing would need constant attentions to maintain, and a horde of ponies of even lesser magic ability would have the required strength to break one ponies unflinching grasp over magic. Further, not allowing ANYONE to ascess the main area of interaction is god-mod in of itself. I would recommend his post include an attempt to counter my attempts.

(While I do admit that ripping open a portal was god-mod, I put forward once again the debate of magic. A magical portal being a tunnel through the dimensions between two specific spots, it is entirely by-passing the magic maintaining the sheild. To summarize that, I am not performing the definition of God-Modding: Forcing someone's character which is not your own to do something.)

It was not a god mod because you ripped open the portal: the portal was designed to allow access and had very little in way of magical protection. The god mod is in how in Equestria did you know about the portal, the bubble, or the Front? They are a covert group and nobody is supposed to know they exist.
  • Brohoof 1

The portal is a seperate one from the one you seem to be thinking of, a new entrance as it is, and not sustained for long. Aswell, you don't create an alternate bubble of universe and just expect nobody to notice when there is a war going on, meanwhile both sides are constantly trying to usurp the other with both physical and magical means. The Front in particular isn't a specific concern. To elaborate, a general purge of ponies suspected of treason or dissidence is being planned. (Or is at least implied in this instance.)

I call shenanigans with the newest post.

Higurashi, Wits end made this place. I'm sure he knows a whole lot more than Steeleye. He wouldn't allow the walls keeping the base safe to be pulled down so easily.

Godmodding. I call godmodding, and will not accept any of this.

I would concur that he would have a greater knowledge of the specific magics used to maintain the shield, and I doubt he would just let the whole thing collapse. I also maintain the fact that (insofar) it has been permitted that Steeleye is a commander figure in the Solar Empire's army. Because of that, he would (obviously) have people that he is commanding. Unless Wits End happens to be Twilight Sparkle, a Deity, or some other inexplicably powerful being pre-determined in this roleplay, I counter that one unicorn does not have the neccesary strength to counter the simultaneous attacks of around a dozen less powerful but well trained unicorns. (Give or take, it is my firm belief that Unicorns are a rarity in the MLP universe, but a good portion of these would have been put into military service ASAP.)

On a more co-operative note: I do actually want to do something exciting that we can enjoy for this roleplay. Being the only Solar Empire character is a tad lonely. The portal itself being the best possible solution that was in coherence with my character model where he could interact with others. He's fanatical for Celestia. Anyways, I do try to phrase my posts in such a way that it allows creative interaction with other characters. While that may end up in an eternal one-up contest, I wish only something enjoyable. And, as of yet, I still disagree that I have god-modded, as the definite actions in my posts do not simply say 'she was hit', but 'the blow was swung at her', for example.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not talking about how you managed to get inside the world. I'm talking about how you knew about the world altogether. It would be like the Nazis invading Area 51. But I digress.

And Wits is a metamagician. He has knowledge of magic itself that he uses while fighting. So, though he's very good in one on one combat, he would find it much harder to fight in a larger battle. Except in the worldlet, where he controls reality.

Saying 'they couldn't possibly know about it under any circumstances' is god-mod in of itself.

Now, to summarize that overly long post, essentially:

More demons poured in, and attacked the resident ponies after the paladins (minus Steeleye) left.

Stonewall attempted to unbind the sphere by way of math, though whether it is succesful is indeterminate. Don't even think about saying 'lol nope all the daemons died'. Just like I didn't state that you actually took any casualties, which it really is suprising that you didn't considering that a number of magicians were bombarind the opposing forces while the paladins poured flame at them.

And there was a long section of explaining how chaos works, resulting in Steeleye Attempting to kidnap Vinyl Blade and her baby.

• Brohoof 1

And there was a long section of explaining how chaos works, resulting in Steeleye attempting to kidnap Vinyl Blade and her baby.

And let's say he was able to teleport out, with Nightfall right behind them or with them.

The baby, still unborn, and Blade. That's all Nightfall can think of right now...

Thats saying that he actually can follow, though I will have to fact check this, I think he's a pegasus. Wits End might know significantly more, but consider the fact that you are teleporting through Chaos to Reality. As Chaos has no pattern, any traces left by the magical trail are minimal at best. (Not to say that its impossible, but I do not buy into one pony having every little detail in his head memorized like a book in order to do so.)

Considering that persuit is still likely, the location probably has some manner of prevention system.

Edited by Higurashi

Thats saying that he actually can follow, though I will have to fact check this, I think he's a pegasus. Wits End might know significantly more, but consider the fact that you are teleporting through Chaos to Reality. As Chaos has no pattern, any traces left by the magical trail are minimal at best. (Not to say that

Ha. Nightfall is indeed an alicorn, and wouldn't my most recent post work? If not, I'll edit it and find a way to get back Blade... Otherwise...

Okay, now there is a problem with your post. Pre-defined magic has definite rules, unlike chaos. The spell projected has two goals, transport the user and possibly another selection from one point in space to another, and do it safely. This recent post assumes that Steeleye included Nightfall in the spell, which he didn't. Touching her is not in fact akin to being included, and borders on god-mod assuming that not only one but two characters followed the course of action, one of which had no chance to respond.

(This is not to say that something else could have happened, but unless Vinyl Blade herself completes some action to confirm or deny the result of the spell, and what she does in response, the effect can't be determined.)

• Brohoof 1

Okay, now there is a problem with your post. Pre-defined magic has definite rules, unlike chaos. The spell projected has two goals, transport the user and possibly another selection from one point in space to another, and do it safely. This recent post assumes that Steeleye included Nightfall in the spell, which he didn't. Touching her is not in fact akin to being included, and borders on god-mod assuming that not only one but two characters followed the course of action, one of which had no chance to respond.

(This is not to say that something else could have happened, but unless Vinyl Blade herself completes some action to confirm or deny the result of the spell, and what she does in response, the effect can't be determined.)

I'll leave it there until he replies. VB is male, but his OC is female. Simple.

But until then, I will leave my post up. We shall let him decide.

Saying 'they couldn't possibly know about it under any circumstances' is god-mod in of itself.

Now, to summarize that overly long post, essentially:

More demons poured in, and attacked the resident ponies after the paladins (minus Steeleye) left.

Stonewall attempted to unbind the sphere by way of math, though whether it is succesful is indeterminate. Don't even think about saying 'lol nope all the daemons died'. Just like I didn't state that you actually took any casualties, which it really is suprising that you didn't considering that a number of magicians were bombarind the opposing forces while the paladins poured flame at them.

And there was a long section of explaining how chaos works, resulting in Steeleye Attempting to kidnap Vinyl Blade and her baby.

I never said they couldn't know about it. I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW HE KNEW. And its not like I stopped the RP and insisted you changed. I'm playing to your cues, here.
  • Brohoof 1

The manner in which you previously asked, and now, have been read in a manner which suggests you are becoming increasingly annoyed, and you haven't specifically asked 'how did he know', instead focusing on how it was semi-impossible for him to know.

As previously stated, military intelligence, and magic. It should be obvious both sides are trying to findd out something about the other. In this case they happened upon the current Front, while not knowing specifically what their goal was. The Bubble, was detected through magic observation. Meaning, one of the number of wizards that Steeleye commands was doing magic and noticed an oddity in the magical flow, leading to the Bubble's discovery.