Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Showing...-Content Warning-

Steel Matt

I'm not sure of the accuracy of it, but I've read it's the deadliest mass shooting to happen on American soil since Ft. Hood...Why would someone even do something like that? :(

My condolences to those who lost their lives Friday

My prayers are with those who were injured

This is so sad...

Something that I saw on twitter that I completely agree with is that the guy who plays Batman should dress up as him and go to visit the injured kids in the hospital, to show that there are heroes in the world, not just villians

I feel bad for cops... They never get enough credit, and I never hear anyone refer to them as heroes...

• Brohoof 2

Um... no. o.o That's who he identified himself as upon arrest, so I think it can easily be assumed that "The Dark Knight" is where he drew part of his inspiration for the shooting.

Not necessarily. Normal people don't see a violent movie and then decide to imitate the villain and shoot up a theater. I think it's pretty clear that there was something extremely mentally wrong with this guy.

I honestly doubt the movies were a major factor; in my opinion, he probably was planning to do something like this, and decided on a batman movie as a good place (for whatever reason), and then decided to be The Joker. Of course, this is my own speculation.

Not necessarily. Normal people don't see a violent movie and then decide to imitate the villain and shoot up a theater. I think it's pretty clear that there was something extremely mentally wrong with this guy.

I honestly doubt the movies were a major factor; in my opinion, he probably was planning to do something like this, and decided on a batman movie as a good place (for whatever reason), and then decided to be The Joker. Of course, this is my own speculation.

Yeah, the police believe that he was planning it for some months now. They went into his apartment and found all sorts of explosives. Basically the place was set up to kill anyone who tried to enter. Also, we have to consider the kinds of things he went in there with. He knew to let off the tear gas first and to carry extra guns to eliminate time for reloading. Most people who just wing it won't be carrying tear gas and four loaded guns. They just go in with a gun and start shooting any and everyone in sight. He knew what he was doing. Finally, he started withdrawing from classes back in March. It's July now. So again, he knew what he was doing and how he would do it. There's no way he just got up from his desk Friday night and just decided to randomly go commit mass murder...

(edited)

The thing that angers me the most about this is the fact that the media is making excuses for this sicko, like blaming guns and movies. The gun didn't choose to kill those people. HE made that decision. When did personal responsibility die?

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

The thing that angers me the most about this is the fact that the media is making excuses for this sicko, like blaming guns and movies. The gun didn't choose to kill those people. HE made that decision. When did personal responsibility die?

When society decided to blame everything but the person.

"OH, IT'S NOT MY FAULT I SHOT THOSE PEOPLE. I PLAYED A VIOLENT VIDYA GAME ONCE WHEN I WAS A KID. THAT MADE ME DO IT."

Society's general population dislikes admitting they're wrong about something, and will dig deep enough to find offence of something that makes no sense to blame otherwise.

post-2022-0-10713100-1343011474_thumb.jpgI made this for the tragic events at the dark knight rises premier in aurora colorado. I placed 12 redstone torches for the victims who died that night and 58 torches for those who were injured. The pink block is for 6 year old Veronica Moser-Sullivan who sadly died in the attack. this has been on my mind all week.
  • Brohoof 5

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/27/12990393-ted-nugent-dark-knight-audience-should-have-been-armed?lite

Take a look at this shit. I fucking hate ted nugent. There are some serious problems with his statements i will now debunk his main point.

Imagine you pull out a standard handgun that you might have if you had a concealed carry permit and you pull that gun out. You aim and fire, hitting a man in say the chest or stomach. Here comes trouble because this man is wearing bulletproof armor and doesnt like the fact that you just tried to kill him. The next thing this man would do is turn around and kill you. Way to be a hero. - Ted nugent is such a piece of filth

(edited)

God bless their souls, hopefully the gunman never sees freedom again. I hope he gets the death penalty, people like this deserve no redemption or salvation. This creature is not human. You sacrifice your humanity even plotting something like this. What a sick fuck. Burn in hell asshole, and I hope somehow your death is alot more painful than some fucking death penalty needle.

Edited by ADashOfRainbow