Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-Colorado Shooting at Dark Knight Showing...-Content Warning-

Steel Matt

this is why the death sentence is nessersary this man basicly took advantage of a popular film to forfill his mad desire for fame and killed to do so

this is just fucked up

(edited)

Anyway, that's why I always sit near the exists, with the least shit between me and freedom when I go somewhere. Paranoïa!

I'm sorry you live in constant fear.

One wonders what a 3 month old was doing at Dark Knight Rises...

Ruining the movie for everyone else? Isn't that what all 3 month olds at movies do? (Not trying to make light of the death but why that child was there is a very good question.) Edited by Shadow Chaser

(edited)

This is just so sad... I feel so bad for the families. We went out to eat last nite thinking about seeing that movie to... My prayers go out to all the families.

Edited by GoneAirbourne

(edited)

This is exactly why the American government needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and get serious about gun control. It makes me sick to think you americans live in a country where it is so easy for any god damn loony to pick up a gun and mow down a crowd. Hell, you can get a gun in America easier than you can get a damn CREDIT CARD up here in Canada

Now I know not all American's are pro-guns, but some of you need to wake up. I know you think it's your 'civil right' to own a firearm, to 'defend yourself', but if gun control was taken more seriously down there those people would probably still be alive.

'But what about us hunters? You can't just take away our right to hunt?!'

I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, you don't need a high powered automatic Uzi to kill deer. And even if it means you can't hunt, too bad for you. I'm sure all the families of the countless people killed every year in the states by guns wouldn't want to ruin your god damn hunting trip.

Nothing good has EVER come out of a barrel of a gun. Period.

Sorry, this kind of senseless death just really gets to me.

Edited by Eljordo

This is truly a tragedy. On many levels, it reveals a pervasive problem in the United States with respect to frearms. For the victims most readily involved, it is a horrifying, senseless act of terror. One can only pray for the victims, their families, and, yes, the gunman, in the hope of achieving some form of peace. No amount of punishment can restore life; but understanding why and how this happened may help prevent such a tragedy from occurring once again.

This is exactly why the American government needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and get serious about gun control. It makes me sick to think you americans live in a country where it is so easy for any god damn loony to pick up a gun and mow down a crowd. Hell, you can get a gun in America easier than you can get a damn CREDIT CARD up here in Canada

Now I know not all American's are pro-guns, but some of you need to wake up. I know you think it's your 'civil right' to own a firearm, to 'defend yourself', but if gun control was taken more seriously down there those people would probably still be alive.

'But what about us hunters? You can't just take away our right to hunt?!'

I'm sorry, but the last time I checked, you don't need a high powered automatic Uzi to kill deer. And even if it means you can't hunt, too bad for you. I'm sure all the families of the countless people killed every year in the states by guns wouldn't want to ruin your god damn hunting trip.

Nothing good has EVER come out of a barrel of a gun. Period.

Sorry, this kind of senseless death just really gets to me.

First thing you need to know I think, I believe, most states have banned the ownership of automatic weapons, but this does not even reallymatter because it's actually fairly easy to turn a semi automatic gun into an automatic one.

Secondly, guns will be here regardless of any laws that are passed.

Thirdly, if that's your attitude about it why stop at guns? This guy (surprisingly) only killed 14 people with his automatic weapon. The truth is some guy could go to NYC in the middle of the day with a butcher knife and kill that many people if he really wanted to.

(edited)

Ugggg... now people are making this into a political thing.

http://www.theblaze....eater-shooting/

I don't care if it's the political left or right, if anybody uses people's deaths to further their agenda like that, it just adds insult to the salt in the already open wound.

EDIT: I'm not talking about the second amendment, I'm talking about the blame people are putting on others I.E. rush limbaugh

No words can describe what kind of a human being the armed gunman is.

They need to set politics aside for now and mourn the deaths of the victims that lost their lives and pray for the victims, hoping they would make it through this tragedy. This is absolutely never the time to make this a political statement. It's stupid as hell to even go in that direction in these dark hours.

My condolences to the victims and their families in this horrific tragedy.

Edited by Deeмo
  • Brohoof 2

First thing you need to know I think, I believe, most states have banned the ownership of automatic weapons, but this does not even reallymatter because it's actually fairly easy to turn a semi automatic gun into an automatic one.

Secondly, guns will be here regardless of any laws that are passed.

Thirdly, if that's your attitude about it why stop at guns? This guy (surprisingly) only killed 14 people with his automatic weapon. The truth is some guy could go to NYC in the middle of the day with a butcher knife and kill that many people if he really wanted to.

Yes, but at least a butcher knife serves a purpose. To cut up food.

All a gun is is a death machine. It has no purpose other than to kill things.

The fact of the matter is that guns are WAY too accessible in the United States. There is a good reason the States has the highest rate of gun related violence of any first world country.

• Brohoof 1

It makes me sick to think you Americans live in a country where it is so easy for any god damn loony to pick up a gun and mow down a crowd.

Yea, this guy was a PhD student at the University of Colorado studying neuroscience. Hard to pick out the crazies when they act normal, isn't it? And guess what? Most people that go crazy, know exactly how to act to avoid attention. Sociopaths aren't uncommon anymore.

Yea, this guy was a PhD student at the University of Colorado studying neuroscience. Hard to pick out the crazies when they act normal, isn't it? And guess what? Most people that go crazy, know exactly how to act to avoid attention. Sociopaths aren't uncommon anymore.

It's not the problem that he was a psychopath, there is no way to avoid psychopaths. The problem is that he so happens to live in a country where you can buy a firearm at a local Wal-Mart.

(edited)

this is why the death sentence is nessersary this man basicly took advantage of a popular film to forfill his mad desire for fame and killed to do so

this is just fucked up

as much as I could agree with this I am very much in favor of abolishing the death sentence. It obviously does not deter violent crimes, and there are many examples of false executions where they later find out that people have been executed wrongfully. I realize that mine is an unpopular opinion but I believe in it.

With that said this individual does deserve jail...and I suppose if he is executed...then I guess at least this won't be wrongful

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream
  • Brohoof 3

It's not the problem that he was a psychopath, there is no way to avoid psychopaths. The problem is that he so happens to live in a country where you can buy a firearm at a local Wal-Mart.

Why shouldn't he be able to? For all intents and purposes, Yesterday, he was a well rounded individual who happened to like guns. Today he's the latest crazy to shoot someone. The point is, you can't tell who will shoot someone. And if they have a clean record, more often than not, they won't go crazy and shoot random people in a public place. Don't let random acts of violence influence your standing on all guns. Millions of gun owners in America didn't go out and shoot someone yesterday. One guy did. Don't let the minority influence the majority.
  • Brohoof 2

as much as I could agree with this I am very much in favor of abolishing the death sentence. It obviously does not deter violent crimes, and there are many examples of false executions where they later find out that people have been executed wrongfully. I realize that mine is an unpopular opinion but I believe in it.

I have to agree with this. I think that the state should not have the power to send someone to their death. Period. Killing someone to teach people that killing is wrong is just crazy in my opinion.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

• Brohoof 1

https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield

A victim's twitter account. Her last tweet was about 20 minutes before she died, and if you read more of her tweets she was going to be a grandmother soon and a whole bunch of other events were about to happen. Awfully thought provoking, in my opinion.

Now something like that really makes you think, that at any moment, on any day, it could be your last.