Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RIP Ranger. August 18th, 2002 - December 25th, 2011

Klopp

Ranger was my dads dog, a purebred Golden Retriever. A fun-loving, hyper, and all around goofy dog. About 45 minutes ago my mom opened the back door, to let him inside after doing his business. He took a few steps into the house, fell to the floor, had a siezure, and stopped breathing. His heartbeat was gone, his tongue depressingly drooping out onto the floor, and not a single muscle moved as he layed there on the tiles.

There wer no signs of illness, he was always active, friendly and overjoyed. According to the vet my dad called, it's possible he had cancer and we just didn't know about it, mostly cause we we had no reason to take him to the vet. I just wanted to come on here and tell you all, as a way of releasing steam, since I am far to kind of a person to beat the living hell out of random objects like I truly want to do.

I expect the next few days around here to be pretty horrible, with my mom constanty being insecure about everything, and my dad being constantly pissed off at the entire world because his dog has died. But don't let that stop any of you guys from having a Merry Christmas. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to head off and stop holding back my tears for a few minutes.

First pic I could find of Ranger down below, taken a long time ago, but there he is.

I'm sorry to hear that... the dog I had since I was in grade school passed away last year, so I can relate.

When you've got had a pet that long, after a while you can start taking their presence for granted, and isn't until they're gone that you realize how much they meant to you. :(

Man... if I think about what would happen if my dog passed away... I'm so sorry. I'd probably be about as upset as you. And I'm really sorry it had to happen around Christmas. Take your time and take it easy. I really hope for the best. And that you guys can get through this.

losing someone you hold dear is always a horrible experience. i haven't lost my cat to the realms of the afterlife yet, but my grandma passes away this September, and it has had stressed me up as shit the whole Autumn. it's only recently that things are finally starting to clear up in my head again.

i'm sorry to hear of your loss. the upcoming weeks will be a horrible experience for you, yes, but we're here for you if you need to blow off some steam. i know i did this fall.

It really makes you realize how short life is, and how small and fragile a life is. Spend time with your families while you can, because you may not have as much time left with them as you think. Every moment is precious, and passes by so quickly.

• Brohoof 1

I feel your pain Klopp. I know how it is to lose a dog. A few months ago I lost my Cocker Spaniel, Bo. What makes it feel so bad is it could have been prevented. I don't remember exactly what was wrong but he had liquid in his lungs and he couldn't breathe. There was some medication we could have given him to help clear it up but we didn't take him to the vet in time. He just lied there gasping for breath and there was nothing we could do about it. :( It really made me appreciate life after that. We have another dog now and I cherish every moment I have with him.

Sorry to hear about your loss Klopp :( I lost my dog only about a month ago due to cancer. We took her to the vet in time but there was nothing he could do so he gave her back to us for one last day. That was pretty much one of the saddest days of my life, and it still hurt a bit around cristmas. Its best to remember a lost one in a happy way and the wound will heal eventualy.