Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Winter Wrap Up: Piano Cover

Derpy Dash

Hi there everypony! Today I've got another piano cover for you! This one was really fun to play and one of my personal favorites.

Winter Wrap Up from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S1E11

Also, for some reason, Cubase likes to screw with my recordings, so it will randomly leave out a few notes sometimes. Sorry about that.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjHdXhsoBmY

Let me know what you think and what you would like me to make covers of in the future! :)

My other piano covers:

This Day Aria

http://mlpforums.com...er/#entry569665

Tobuscus: Dramatic Song

http://mlpforums.com...er/#entry573275

Tobuscus: Sideburns Song

http://mlpforums.com...er/#entry562071

-Derpy Dash

• Brohoof 5

Please post a video teaching how to play this because I am a piano player too! So I am VERY interested and this would make my life complete!!!

What would work better? A video tutorial or sheet music?
  • Brohoof 1

I dunno. I usually don't listen to piano covers (not many out there that I know of) but I do listen to piano music over at the school from time to time. It fee a bit like it's playing itself. Like each note isn't giving any pressure to each hit, giving it a nice sound.

Oh, ever think of using the Harpsichord? I think it would do wonders here, but alone not so much. Maybe a cello to set the tempo and a flute to play out a jovial follow along perhaps?

• Brohoof 1

Was this played by ear or by sheets? Either way, this was really good :D Looking forward to seeing more in the future :)

I was reading off sheet music for this one. :)

I can play by ear pretty well too, but I think they sound better and more complicated when I play from a sheet.

• Brohoof 2

I was reading off sheet music for this one. :)

I can play by ear pretty well too, but I think they sound better and more complicated when I play from a sheet.

I want the sheet music please! Please please please! Make my life complete!

Good work! I love it :)

Both but if I had to pick it would be sheet music....

You can download a sheet music pdf Here

• Brohoof 2

Good work! I love it :)

You can download a sheet music pdf Here

God dangit, I just about to post the music, but it seems you beat me to it! Ah well.

Enjoy the music Valiant!

it might just be the lack of pedal but did you play this or have a program play it? The arrangement itself is pretty good though

I played it, but didn't use any pedal.
  • Brohoof 1

God dangit, I just about to post the music, but it seems you beat me to it! Ah well.

Well, I have the sheet music myself. I also have a piano :)
  • Brohoof 1

You know something? You deserve a medal. No, you deserve two medals! Wait! You need twenty thre- Um. Yeah Good job! I really liked it. :D

lol, thanks. I enjoy playing, especially the great songs from this show, that all seem to be screaming to be made into piano solos. :P

I'm gonna try to get another one up this weekend, but I'm not sure what song to do...

• Brohoof 1

lol, thanks. I enjoy playing, especially the great songs from this show, that all seem to be screaming to be made into piano solos. :P

I'm gonna try to get another one up this weekend, but I'm not sure what song to do...

Maybe... The "Find a Pet" song? I really like that song but it's really up to you if you want to make it a piano solo. I don't play piano so yeah. :P
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe... The "Find a Pet" song? I really like that song but it's really up to you if you want to make it a piano solo. I don't play piano so yeah. :P

Yeah, I could do that one... I think I'll either do Find a Pet, At the Gala, or Art of the Dress.

Choices, choices... :P

• Brohoof 1

I think that sometimes in the song, your way of playing 8th notes on upbeats (I think) can sound the unlike the normal version. I think you might have just been trying to deviate a bit from the original and your own twist to things. If so, then nice touch. I believe that at one point you made a mistake or something and stopped playing for a second. It may have been on one hand or something, I'm not quite sure. But still...

NEVER DO THAT.

It makes you sound like a bad player, honestly. Your playing was pretty good through the whole thing, despite some mistakes I heard. My last tip would be to try to add some dynamics to everything.

I'd give this a 5.5/10. Not bad.

I think that sometimes in the song, your way of playing 8th notes on upbeats (I think) can sound the unlike the normal version. I think you might have just been trying to deviate a bit from the original and your own twist to things. If so, then nice touch. I believe that at one point you made a mistake or something and stopped playing for a second. It may have been on one hand or something, I'm not quite sure. But still...

NEVER DO THAT.

It makes you sound like a bad player, honestly. Your playing was pretty good through the whole thing, despite some mistakes I heard. My last tip would be to try to add some dynamics to everything.

I'd give this a 5.5/10. Not bad.

The pauses come from my recording program (Cubase LE) being a bitch and cutting out random notes sometimes. Or maybe it comes from my VST program, I really don't know... But anyways, I'll try to get that fixed in my next cover. (it happened in This Day Aria too :( )

Gah, no matter how I set the channels or how many different file type exports I try, the recording still cuts out certain notes... ._.

Dam I wish I could play the piano like this. I also wish I had the recording equipment too :P

Anyway this is great.