Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Generation 3.5

Princess_Molestia

Posted Image

yes this day came, a g 3.5 thread, while the shorts, I guess you could call them, aren't very good (though one or two funny jokes slip threw, like this one;

they are usually boring, weird, in terms of how the characters there were and are now, and generally considered to be simply bad)

I still find the ponies adorable and will have plushes made of the core 7, next to my mane 6

fun facts, in gen 3.5 Rarity's current voice actress voiced Scootaloo, and Pinkie Pie's voiced Sweetie Belle

(and Scootaloo and Cheerilee are sisters)

so weird without Applebloom...

oh and those unfamiliar with earlier gen's will not reconise two of those, Tolla Rolla and Starsong

they are...there.

love and tolerate that!

20% cooler, I always thought Rainbow Dash always dressed in style :lol:

(I had to)

Okay I'll risk ostracization when I say it.

The design looked a bit better than the forever-smiling, obnoxious style of the ponies in every generation prior. If one thing and one thing only in all of the cesspool of G 3.5 there is to me, it is that the ponies' designs looked a tad better than what they were before.

But I swear to Celestia and everything that is holy, that. Is. It.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

oh no, the infamous g3.5

scootaloo is the scariest pony from that generation, no doubt. (newborn cuties....kjshwliefh)

don't bring those into this, even I have my limits lol

I do like gen 3.5's theme more then gen 4's

its more catchy

Edited by Barkion

To be fair, the G3 theme song isn't that bad at all. I've watched every pony generation with an open mind, but G4 is the only one I really love. G3 has way too many clashing colors and horrible storylines, and G1 isn't bad but I don't like it mainly because of the characters' voices and because of the bad 80s animation.

• Brohoof 2

I have to admit the artstyle for me is horrible.

That just completely turns me off g3.5 :/

The best part is the mighty smooze! (tho i think hes from a film that predates g3.5?

The best part is the mighty smooze! (tho i think hes from a film that predates g3.5?

That's G1.

Anyway, I am an MLP collector, so I have a soft spot for every generation. I have a figure of each normal Core 7 3.5 except Toola-Roola, since she was only released twice while the others were released 3-7 times or something. I also have 4 newborn cuties, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Cheerilee, and Toola-Roola. While they don't look at all like ponies, I must say, they are cute, especially the eyes. The newborn cutie toys have cute eyes and tiny hooves. I just wish they had tails.

As for the cartoons, Twinkle Wish Adventure, and it's lead-up Waiting for the Winter Wishes Festival, aren't to bad. They have a decent story that I can at lease make sense of. The shorts on the other hoof, I don't like them at all, besides Scootaloo saying "I'm a good knocker!". I liked that line. The Newborn Cuties cartoon, is one of the few MLP things I despise with a passion. I hate it 100%.

You know, g1 was surprisingly not bad. Never watched any g2. Or g3. But I've seen pictures and I have cousins and a little sister...first time I saw a g3 pony...well that kind of thing cannot be unseen lol

The prior generations felt like advertising tools, simply put. I felt like i was watching grinding, horrid sort of commercial. Scootaloo....scary. All prior generations felt strange, the colors were like a rainbow suddenly underwent apoptosis and fell over dead, its decaying corpse unleashing all means of colors onto the poor semi-equine creatures, its decaying fumes causing strange behavior and eye changes, resulting in g3.5. This is my theory, at least. Also, one last thing....my least favorite of all the generations is G1.

Never watched any g2.

G2 doesn't have a cartoon. Tales is late G1, after all, the Tales characters had G1 toys out at the time the show aired, well, they had toys in Europe at least. *sigh*

You know, g1 was surprisingly not bad.

Yeah, MLP and Friends isn't half bad at all. It had pretty creepy villians. In the pilot, Tirak even threatend to chop Spike's head off. :o Talk about a risky thing to put in a little girls cartoon!

Yeah, at least Gen1 episodes/movies had actual stories and plots, unlike Gen3 and Gen3.5. omg I'm trying to make that sentence as long as possible but it's still not long enough to post qwjkfhlwekfj

Well G3.5 sort of did have stories in the episodes and movies, but they weren't very engaging at all and they didn't have cool villains or anything of the sort.

It's fun to see that some people actually likes the older generations.

I don't like any of them myself, they look creepy in my opinion, haha.

The 3rd generation may have failed horribly but it was better than this:

Posted Image

oh dear god, kill it with fire seems to pop into mind

now thats out the way G1 was actualy good and pretty dark.

I don't like generation 3.5. I grew up with generation 2 and 3, but I haven't watched so many episodes of the old series because they did not send it in my country. We also only have 2 tv channels and non of them sent too much children shows.

(edited)

Wow.......that joke was actually decent. I haven't actually watched a full episode of G3.5, but I'll say that I actually enjoyed the twinkle wish adventure song, Somewhere Super New. For a little kid movie song, it's pretty damn good.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIHe1NgGYvo

I also think the 3.5 ponies, unlike the previous generations, were actually adorable. Not as adorable as G4, but still cute in their own way.

The 3rd generation may have failed horribly but it was better than this:

Posted Image

KILL IT!!!!

Edited by Pegasus25