Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Are There So Many Pegasi OCs?

Brook

On Topic, I get incredibly insulted when people make Alicorn OC's, I mean everyone I am sure would think it pretty cool to be one, but it is not giving in to the temptation and not making Mary Sue characters that is important. But perhaps pegasi are becoming Mary Sues...?

Ouch, I am sorry if my OC offends you but I get what your coming from. Its honestly how it is in my eyes if they want to make a Alicorn OC its up to them and I support them if they feel that their character is good as a Alicorn.

And maybe I am being over sensitive, but I have had dealings with Mary Sues in the past, and I have high respect for the fact that there are only threen known alicorns in the show *shrugs* They're rare and they're royalty. Now I am not saying all are bad, I haven't heard about yours yet, but most of them make my inner writer flinch and ache in the heart. But with all the hype Pegasi are getting and how the majority of those creating them always say "well rainbow dash is so awesom and so are pegasi!" I get equally as frustrated and insulted. You should have more reasoning then that!

(edited)

And maybe I am being over sensitive, but I have had dealings with Mary Sues in the past, and I have high respect for the fact that there are only threen known alicorns in the show *shrugs* They're rare and they're royalty. Now I am not saying all are bad, I haven't heard about yours yet, but most of them make my inner writer flinch and ache in the heart. But with all the hype Pegasi are getting and how the majority of those creating them always say "well rainbow dash is so awesom and so are pegasi!" I get equally as frustrated and insulted. You should have more reasoning then that!

Ya, they are very rare in the show, in my story alone there about 8 in total so far that been in my story, I avoided adding alicorns and if any alicorns I would encounter would be female(Unless something I could explain) as there hasn't been any mention of a Male Alicorn in the series so far.

Well at least its consistent with the show if there is many Pegasi OCs, Its more believe-able if they where existing in the universe than a over amount of Alicorns.

Edited by Ethan Pow

Yes I suppose your right, and I have even sort of come up with a plot involving Phantom Nightmare being an Alicorn princess, but it was a by[assing thought after I drew her as one out of utter boredom, but if I write a story about it it would need much refining, but I think its not an atrocious idea, but I also love her as a pegasus

(edited)

I guess because flying is really cool to think about. I mean who wouldn't want to soar a hundred feet off the ground.

You got me there, Its pretty useful to be able to fly. I starting to feel like a cheater already thinking about it. I got the voice of zoidborg saying, "You should feel bad." in the background in my head.

Edited by Trixie The Trixie
Edited out quote to deleted post.

i'm a unicorn because deep down i'm just an adorable, innocent little girly-guy.

well actually, it stemmed from the fact that i love music, and because of a joke-ish name i got on a name generator with the first 2 words being Rave Unicorn. when i talked to Fissy about it he called me a ravicorn, and i thought "holy shit you just made something legendary". afterwards he made the first ref of my character Viscra Maelstrom (dubbed Disco Maelstrom at first, the Viscra was something i came up with later on), and thus the start of the persona that felt the most "me" began.

like i said, it came up because i love music. well, the whole music-thing was something i came up with later: Viscra's horn emits pulses of energy whenever she hears a catchy song and is in the mood for it, like it's a beat-equalizing horn. it's caused because of a "leak" inside her brain, which makes magic energy sip into the "entertainment" part of her brain. so when that part of her brain is being used, so is her magic, and thus, the horn starts to pulsate in the rhythm to the song.

this also has other effects on her: when she hears an exciting song, it can make her leak the excitement into the room, and thus make a self-sustained party inside whatever building she resides in. however, this can also have more devastating effects: if she is in a really bad mood, she puts on really hard songs, and causes uncontrollable devastation to her surroundings. it's as much as gift as it is a curse; she's able to visualize songs of hers with the help of this magic leak inside her brain, but it can also harm her surroundings if she's not careful with the usage of her magic. sort of quasi-insanity, you could call it like.

oh yeah, and the name Viscra comes from the fusion of VInyl SCRAtch's name. Vi + Scra = Viscra. Maelstrom is a name i've used since long ago from a dead OC i adapted onto her because maelstroms are super-cool, imo.

so uhh, yeah. there you have it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

My question is barely a change of the title... Why are there so many OCs? Seriously, everyone and their grandmother makes one.

Well that isn't a very good question, because first, everypony is entitled to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, and second, just like every other fandom, people make OCs to feel like they belong to the community. Arguably, that might count as role-play, but no matter the issue, they make an image of themselves as a pony, which is pretty awesome if you ask me.

tl;dr - *points to signature*

Edited by RiverBankNut

Do you guys mind to get back on topic? this got really side-tracked. I'm talking to you, KakeiTheWolf, Ethan Pow and Phantom Nightmare.

I choosed a pegasi OC because It would be nice to have bada$$ wings for My OC.It's ok if your OC is an alicorn.If you have a good reason.

Oh yeah? Give me one good reason, there is none, there really shouldn't be an alicorn OC. It's like making a draconequus OC, which would be really pretencious.

Who knows, being able to fly, manage weather and play with cloud certainly would be a fun thing to do. My current OC is for a fictional purpose and there's a solid reason to why she had to be an alicorn. But my 'pony'sona probably will be an Earth pony or something.

(edited)

Take a look at Feld0's OC.It's an alicorn.

That doesn't mean anything, look, I don't have the power (or the will) to stop people from creating any OC, but the fact that no one can deny them of making one doesn't mean they have a good reason.

Because the Pegasi are best ponies. And they are the most unique (besides alicorns). I mean, a horn is cool and all but WINGS?

I wouldn't neccesserily agree, wings are just body structure, yes they fly, but that's it. Horns have MAGIC, that's way more unique, not just because wings are common, but because they only serve one pourpuse. Edited by RiverBankNut

My question is barely a change of the title... Why are there so many OCs? Seriously, everyone and their grandmother makes one.

Becaus it lets you step into the pony world not as urself but as a pony that could make a living in that world. Its something like why do a lot of people play online rpgs, so they can feel apart of it. And its much easyer than putting pen to paper and thinking of what to do. And so ill be on topic, its a flying pony why would you not make it ur first OC? :mellow:

I usually envision myself as a grey/black Earth pony with Hazel eyes. Because earth ponies aren't as common and are still just as cool if not cooler than the others! Being an earth pony is like saying "We don't need your fancy wings/magic to get stuff done!"

I occasionally envision myself as Pegasus but only because the wings look cooler all jutted out at epic moments. Or wrapped about two mares you've got at your sides. Not for actual flying.

Actually part of the reason I picked this avatar is because I like L4D2, I wear a headset a lot, I like being an earth pony, and the light grey coat and black mane thing. (Another reason I like Octavia so much!)

Mine is a Pegasus, but with large wings so she has trouble flying a lot, so she mostly doesn't fly. I just liked the idea and I'd love to be able to stand on Cloudsdale (as a Pegasus). I honestly have a strong dislike to Rainbow Dash; I just wanted a flying OC. Is that a problem?

UNICORNS ARE THE SUPREME RACE.

I chose a unicorn because Twilight Sparkle wanted me to. But seriously, it's because I've always been too lazy to go and get stuff so telekinesis would be just awesome. A unicorn has such abilities.

Well, I can see the appeal in having a Pegasi OC, the flying bit is pretty cool, but my OC is an Earth pony, they are underrated for sure, but I love them!

As much as your signature does answer your question... XD

I guess its because i modelled my OC off a pegasus. I blame Rainbow Dash. She's so amazing she made us all into Pegasi.

There. Obviously the cause. ^.^