Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming MLPforum DayZ group

Vicke

(edited)

Posted Image

Hey guys!

So i'm pretty sure you all know what DayZ is, if not feel free to open the spoiler where i will try to explain to you what it is.

DayZ is a mod to the ultra realistic FPS game, ArmA 2.

The mod is a hardcore zombie survival RPG where you have to survive as long as possible. And there are A LOT of things that will go in your way, such as zombies and other players.

And what makes this so fun you might ask, well each server can hold up too 100 players, its VERY realistic so you need to eat and drink in order not to die, you may break your bones or you may even pass out.

You start off with a flashlight and a bandage so you need to find weapons to defend yourself with. You can even find cars,busses,bikes and helicopters. But some might need to be repaird before you can drive them.

And if you kill another player you can loot his/her body and get their loot.

So what i want to do is gather up a few people from this forum and try to survive as long as possible. We might even make ourself a camp in the mountains where we can hold of with cars and such.

So anyone up for some hardcore zombie survival?

And, and if you got questions, please let me know.

Players:

1:Vicke

2:lonewolf1000

3:ShadowBean

4:DJ ClockWork

5:Yozer247

6:Stranger

7:Broken Image

8:Pondus30

9:Neikos

MAP

Posted Image

.::UPDATE::. 1

We will all meet up in Chernogorsk medical tents.

We will hopefully start in a few days and by then, i hope we got more then 5 players.

.::UPDATE::. 2

Everyone NEEDS Skype and a microphone in order to join.

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 2

Count me in. I'm tired of "lonewolfing" (well that's sure some irony) most of the time.

Awesome, i hope we get a few players so we can make out tactics and such.

Your first spoiler messed up.

And I watched some gameplay of this and good God does it look awesome!

Id play, but I dont have the game nor do I think my computer could run it :(

Yeah, i fixed it.

It IS awesome, never been this exited for a mod/game before.

Aww, thats a shame :<

Sign me up vicke :D Hopefully when we do this it might not actually be 5am in my time zone when I have school on the same day though :( or Ill have to give it a miss

Sign me up vicke :D Hopefully when we do this it might not actually be 5am in my time zone when I have school on the same day though :( or Ill have to give it a miss

The main problem will be the connection. Some players will probably not be able to join because everyone live so far away from eachother.

I would love to play with you guys! Is it free? Let me know. It sounds like a cool game. :) (Please excuse my "noobiness")

The mod is free yes, the game however is not.

Its 20% off on steam at the moment, 19.99EUR

I would be able to play except I run all of my steam games off my Macbook Pro, so it would be impossible to buy Arma 2 because it only runs on windows computers. D:

Aww, thats why you should have a Windows and not a Mac!
  • Brohoof 1

Aww, thats why you should have a Windows and not a Mac!

I know, I know lol but I'm more of a Mac person anyway. :3 If the game became available for Mac, I would immediately buy it. For now though, I can just watch and be jelly haha. xD
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know, I know lol but I'm more of a Mac person anyway. :3 If the game became available for Mac, I would immediately buy it. For now though, I can just watch and be jelly haha. xD

I have the game, and when i watch it i get super exsited for it. So i don't even want to imagine how you feel xP

Haha <3

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 1

The main problem will be the connection. Some players will probably not be able to join because everyone live so far away from eachother.

Do not worry :) my internet is good for forien (Spelling is for nubs) servers . Its the time Im worried about

I have the game, and when i watch it i get super exsited for it. So i don't even want to imagine how you feel xP

Haha <3

I've watched a bunch of gameplay of DayZ, and I just sit there in silence because it just looks soooooooo good. You lucky mother%^^&*! D:<
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow, this thread sure got popular quickly enough. I think we should already be thinking were we'll meet In-Game.

That's why I think US servers are the best choice for our little expedition (unless there are EU servers with good ping)

Edited by lonewolf1000
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've watched a bunch of gameplay of DayZ, and I just sit there in silence because it just looks soooooooo good. You lucky mother%^^&*! D:<

Haha, someday you might be able to play it.

The best part is that its still in alpha, which means there are A LOT of more content on the way.

Wow, this thread sure got popular quickly enough. I think we should already be thinking were we'll meet In-Game.

That's why I think US servers are the best choice for our little expedition (unless there are EU servers with good ping)

Yes, US/Russian server will be the best choise.

And i will update the main post soon.

I would love to play with you guys! Is it free? Let me know. It sounds like a cool game. :) (Please excuse my "noobiness")

Wait, hold on.

Its on 40% sale, 15EUR on Steam.

Edited by Vicke
  • Brohoof 1

Hey I just got it on steam can I join you guys?

I still have to install all of it and I am probably going to be a massive nub on it considering I haven't even played it yet though

I still have to install all of it and I am probably going to be a massive nub on it considering I haven't even played it yet though

Sure, we haven't even started yet.

I'm going to wait until it becomes a standalone game. I've heard that this should be happening soon.

Then I'll join in, since I'm too lazy to buy ARMA and download the mod.

I don't think it will become a standalone game any time soon since its still in alpha.

But feel free to wait ^^

Don't worry, we'll teach you the basics.

I would like to join. If that's ok. I got it a week ago but never played it because I had no one to team up with, and random people keep killing me. :/

I would like to join. If that's ok. I got it a week ago but never played it because I had no one to team up with, and random people keep killing me. :/

Sure, that is one of the main reasons i made this thread.

So we can help eachother out.

I'd defiantly be up for it! Haven't had a chance to group up with anyone yet. I also haven't played enough to know where the meet up spot would be so might take a bit of navigation :P