Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In what way do you break brony stereotypes?

BMO

I'm gonna post mine later in the thread, so you guys tell me...

In what way do you break the brony stereotype?

• Brohoof 2

Not sure what the stereotype is, but unlike all of my other internet brony friends who get, like, straight As I graduated at the lowest of my class because I thought I was too cool for school. I'm also pretty open about liking ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Not sure what the stereotype is, but unlike all of my other internet brony friends who get, like, straight As I graduated at the lowest of my class because I thought I was too cool for school. I'm also pretty open about liking ponies.

Stereotype is something people assume from other's most of the time they aren't all that good xD

You guys waste your time!:

-You do realize you're wasting your own time telling us this

Ponies & Bronies are gay:

-Even if Bronies were gay, they're not an immature homophobic who uses the term gay as an offence to others, and besides, you do realize that many bronies are married and already have their own kids?

Bronies Jerk off to MP:

-Correction, only certain bronies clop to ponies

Bronies are Pedophiles:

For watching a kid's show that they actually like because most other TV shows aren't as near as good? well I clearly am amazed at your logic, please tell me more.

Well that's how'd I deal with someone, since I don't know how to ignore people who down' right just rustle 'em jimmies

• Brohoof 28

I have a very short fuse. I can get ticked off quite easily. So yeah, I have trouble loving and tolerating. 'Cept for at school. I'm quite patient there. But at home... yeah.

• Brohoof 7

I play safety in gridiron football, which is considered a "manly sport" - in fact a very popular american past-time. I get my kicks from hitting people on the field and snatching passes in mid-air. Bronies are not really "considered" to love playing football, so I take a bit of pride in that. If anything, it keeps me level-headed and pumped most of the time.

• Brohoof 5

Stereotype is something people assume from other's most of the time they aren't all that good xD

You guys waste your time!:

-You do realize you're wasting your own time telling us this

Ponies & Bronies are gay:

-Even if Bronies were gay, they're not an immature homophobic who uses the term gay as an offence to others, and besides, you do realize that many bronies are married and already have their own kids?

Bronies Jerk off to MP:

-Correction, only certain bronies clop to ponies

Bronies are Pedophiles:

For watching a kid's show that they actually like because most other TV shows aren't as near as good? well I clearly am amazed at your logic, please tell me more.

Well that's how'd I deal with someone, since I don't know how to ignore people who down' right just rustle 'em jimmies

Not to mention that the Mane 6 are around 18-25 years old (Guessing from the way they live), and that's around the main age of bronies.

• Brohoof 14

A lot of anti bronies, or haters, trolls, whatever you call em (I just call them A-holes) say that we're 30 year old, fat creepy virgins with no social lives, who live with their parents, who will never have girlfriends and are hyper obsessed and creepy, of "clop" to the ponies.

First of all...

I'm 18

I'm not what people would consider "fat."

People around me say I give off very good vibes

I'm not a virgin (but I'm not gonna get into that)

I have quite an attractive girlfriend

I have quite a few close friends, and a wide circle of acquaintances

I don't have the biggest or flashiest social life, but I CHOOSE to spend time alone and there is NOTHING the matter with that

I'm not obsessed with the show, and I own absolutely no merch (not that there's anything wrong with wanting merch either mind you!)

And as for clopping, I don't clop to ponies. I don't have anything against people into Rule 34 though, just as long as they're not hurting anybody or forcing it down my throat.

• Brohoof 7

well i dont rely care much for stereotypes because well there stereotype, and honestly you break them by not giving a f :( k about them and being yourself. hell if i meet someone who judge me as a Bronie and not the loudmouthed jackass i am i would happly just walk away with a pocket full of f :( ks and get on with my day

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm not exactly the 40-year-old-virgin who sits at home and jacks off to ponies am I? I also don't believe in Love and Tolerance (I believe in it's reason, I don't believe we should just say it at every hatful comment we get. I do airsofting (a sport which involves BB Guns, and can be dangerous) and I don't cry over Cupcakes.

I don't own any pony merchandise except for one Rarity brushable that I keep hidden in my desk. I have no shirts, buttons, figurines, etc.

I also am a very VERY avid pro and college sports fan so ponies aren't even my #1 obsession.

• Brohoof 2

I wasn't even aware there were stereotypes, every brony I meet is different from the last- we are all people after all, and we should all be different. But I suppose I'll play along...

30 year old

I'm 20.

fat

I'm not skinny, but I'm not obese either, and I tend to very active.

creepy

No, I'm very warm and friendly

virgins

Never had sex, but that doesn't mean I never will.

with no social lives,

Nonsense, I go out often.

who live with their parents,

Yes I do, I won't my whole life though, that's for sure.

who will never have girlfriends

I wish I had one, it's a long story...

and are hyper obsessed and creepy

No and no.

of "clop" to the ponies.

Hell no.

I live with my parents, but that's because the UK is in the middle of economic meltdown, I'm only 18, and employers here play the stupid "no experience, you can't have the job" thing, so getting a job and moving out at 18 is virtually *impossible* and having Aspergers makes it even harder because I struggle to make eye contact.

• Brohoof 3

I'm a 16 year old girl. I'm not sure what the stereotype for female, teenage bronies is. I'm not a nerd that no one talks to at school. I'm not fat. I'm active. Always at the gym. I don't think I'm considered "ugly", but then again I never think anyone is, so that's a tough one. Eh, I don't know.

• Brohoof 3

If Im gay for watching a show about ponies then your a highschool reject for watching glee.

If Im gay for watching a show about ponies then your a Tan douchbag for watching Jersey shore.

If Im gay for watching a show about ponies then your pregnant for watching Teenage Mom.

• Brohoof 13

I'm not an adult.

I also don't believe in Love and Tolerance

I have a very short fuse. I can get ticked off quite easily. So yeah, I have trouble loving and tolerating. 'Cept for at school. I'm quite patient there. But at home... yeah.

You two are actually FOLLOWING the stereotype that all bronies are hypocritical jackasses when it comes to love and toleration, and will rage whenever possible.
  • Brohoof 2

You two are actually FOLLOWING the stereotype that all bronies are hypocritical jackasses when it comes to love and toleration, and will rage whenever possible.

YOU! You. You you you. You're right. Well... kinda. I don't mean to be a jerk. It just sort of happens. Usually I'm nice and cool and stuff, but when someone sets me off, they set me off. If you knew me IRL, then you'd know that at school, if I speak up, then something is seriously wrong.

I dunno.

• Brohoof 2

I am quite a very stereotypical brony, but...

"Bronies are fat"

- I'm a bit chubby across the thighs and flanks, but i'm generally quite slender. Also, i cycle on an almost daily basis (when it's during school time, i DO cycle daily)

"Virgins"

- I'm only 15, i'd be breaking the law if i had sex

"No social lives"

- I am happy with what i have. I have several really good friends, and sometimes we even go to my best friends house. But generally, i'm an introvert, and dislike social interaction

"Lives with parents"

- Again, i'm only 15. But the second i have enough money for my own place, i'm leaving this horrid family

"And are obsessed"

- In the words of RED Sniper: "Being a brony's a good hobby, mate". There's nothing wrong with having obsession over something you like, especially if it's your primary hobby. It's no worse than being obsessed with sports.

Other than that, i am your average brony. But i'm proud of it; i'd rather be a brony then a sh*t-for-brains 'manly man'.

• Brohoof 5

I don't wear my fondness of MLP on my sleeve. I treat it like I treat any other interests of mine. No way am I going to shout out songs from the show whilst walking in public.

I won't act like you're scum of the Earth if you respectfully dislike the show. Nothing on this planet is universally liked.

Well, like a few people on here. I'm in the Military. Which is not known for its love of little girl shows.

Damn, man, I thought you left it already :/

Damn, man, I thought you left it already :/

Nope, 24 years and still going strong! I hope to do about 6 more years before I hang it up and then start following Brony Meet-ups around the country!

• Brohoof 2

Nope, 24 years and still going strong! I hope to do about 6 more years before I hang it up and then start following Brony Meet-ups around the country!

Well. What can I say, I wish you'll make it without single scratch. Watch yourself.
  • Brohoof 1