Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In what way do you break brony stereotypes?

BMO

I'm not a brony (only have seen about 7 episodes). I like humanized versions of the cast, however. If it was an anime, I'd probably watch more. I joined this forum cuz I know zoop. :V

Not sure what the stereotype is, but unlike all of my other internet brony friends who get, like, straight As I graduated at the lowest of my class because I thought I was too cool for school. I'm also pretty open about liking ponies.

Well you've got a firmer grasp of the English language than most people I've met on the internet. I doubt many people even know that you aren't supposed to add apostrophes to capital letters, i.e. "As" as opposed to "A's".

I suppose I break the stereotypical view on bronies because I follow my own set of life-guidelines, not the show's. Love and tolerate is something I chose to do before the show, and I decide when to carry out such principles. If someone makes fun of me for being a brony, that's fine. If someone makes fun of one of my friends for being a brony, I'll defend them.

I also don't like a majority of the ponies. Twilight only gets street cred for looking like Stocking. Applejack is my favorite. Both the cereal and the four-legged creature... Hot dog.

when people think brony, they think of someone whos 30, im 16. (Well sixteen in a couple of days) Also im not a huge fan of clop art :/

(edited)

I'm not a pedophile, I'm not an animal rapist, I don't clop, and am not a [expletive] I think that quite simply sums up how I break the stereotypes.

Edited by Devin McCourty
Please don't use derogatory terms used to describe yourself.

I don't shove ponies down people's throats, or by their definition, mention it at all.

I'm a bit chubby, but I'm not a 500 pound giant as they picture bronies.

I'm not old enough for any kind of job for money to get away from my parents.

I'm not one who goes around yelling LOVE AND TOLERATE, LOVE AND TOLERATE. Speaking of which, I don't even know where that came from.

I like seeing friends every once in a while, but I normally like to be alone.

How does liking a well made TV Show make you homosexual?

(edited)

Well I have a life. I have girlfriends. I play football (american). I want to join the military. I am not 30 or 40 years old. I do not "clop". I do not own a ton of merchandise. I am athletic and not a basement dweller. Not dependent of my parents.

Edited by Valiant

(edited)

Um, I'm not a pedophile, and not fat at all, so...that's it I guess. I'm also not a complete hug box like some are.

Oh, yeah, and I don't spread it around.

Edited by Fizzydog

You two are actually FOLLOWING the stereotype that all bronies are hypocritical jackasses when it comes to love and toleration, and will rage whenever possible.

Hold on, I never said that I will rage whenever possible, I ment that people use Love and Tolerance as an excuse for people to stop hating on the fandom. I do believe that we should treat each other how we want to be treated, but I do not believe in saying 'Love and Tolerance' to combat haters.

(edited)

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 2

I'm 14, I play soccer almost daily

I'm very aggressive and tackle the living hell out of people(correctly, but still, aggressive.)

Not skinny, not obese (just 10-20 pounds overweight, currently lost 15)

Virgin yes, but then again im not breaking the law.

I have had one girlfriend and I have a lot of friends

I don't clop.

I am not a pedophile, nor do I find ponies attractive, just a bit cute.

I hang out with my friends, go to my games, practice, socialize, and barely get enough time to upload my youtube videos, I don't think im a no life.

:)

This topic contains very little in the way of content and, as such, would be better suited as a status update. When creating a thread, be sure to check and see whether what you're posting is worthy of discussion, and has some substance to it.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

someone fumble with the mod panel? :P
  • Brohoof 3

This topic contains very little in the way of content and, as such, would be better suited as a status update. When creating a thread, be sure to check and see whether what you're posting is worthy of discussion, and has some substance to it.

So wait this was locked but then moved but then therefore unlocked? 9_6
  • Brohoof 1

I think I hit reply as soon as it got locked because I didn't see that reply til after? o_O

someone fumble with the mod panel? :P

I accidentally this entire thread.

Posted Image

On topic, I imagine I break the unfortunate stereotype by being fairly reserved in my adoration for the show. The only people in my social life that are aware are my immediate family, and my closest friends. There's no need to be flag-waving and annoying for the sake of being "proud" of a show. I have a pair of shirts from the show that I'll wear in public without batting an eye, but beyond that I don't actually mind what others may or may not think of me.

I respect all others' opinions and I do that by not shoving something they're not comfortable with down their throats. It's the same deal with any other interest in my eyes. I love the Star Wars films, but I do not galavant about urging everyone to watch them. To me, it's a show. A very magical and wonderful show, but beyond that I don't see why I would be stereotyped as a rabid fan, especially if someone has taken note of me in person.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well the most simple sterey type of them all, is that i actually don't like the show. I suppose i'm astill a brony, and yet do not adhere to that stereotype, correct?

Not a virgin, i live above ground, don't collect merchandise and i'm actually a little underweight. not your average brony, in short.

Edited by Johny Farenheit

Somewhat Stereotypical for me:

I'm not fat, but not really skinny. I'm just well-fed.

I would rather not talk about my sex life other than the fact that I'm bisexual.

I like to be alone, mostly because I like doing stuff on my own and most of it is reading, writing, and composing. I do get out from time to time, especially in college, but overall I like being by myself.

I don't live in my parents basement. I do live with them when I'm not in school, but I don't enjoy it for more than 2 weeks. I really want to go back to school right now!

I have my pride about the show but I don't go around really announcing it and trying to convert non-bronies unless they show some interest in the show.

MLP is a hobby to me, nothing more. Just something that's fun, creative-inducing, and good use of time.

30 years old

I'm 23

Fat

Not even close.

Creepy

I have never found myself to be creepy. Quirky or odd maybe, but not creepy.

Virgin

I'm a virgin by choice, not by circumstance. I won't be a virgin for much longer anyways (I hope!!)

With no social lives

Lessee, I work 9-5, I have a boyfriend, I have other friends I hang out with, I go to church, I sing at church, I'm currently in a musical, and next week I'll be volunteering at a summer camp. I enjoy being by myself and having alone time, but I don't have too much of that (in fact, sometimes I may not have enough time for myself).

Live with their parents

I do live with my parents, but I moved back almost a year ago after living away from home for 2 years because I didn't get a full-time job right out of college. But now that I have one, I can save up to move out again. That'll be nice.

Will never have a girlfriend

No, I will never have a girlfriend. But that is because I'm straight and female. I do have a boyfriend who I have dated for 2 years, however. And an ex-boyfriend who I dated for 3 and a half years.

Hyper-obsessed

Hmmm... not even sure how one defines "hyper-obsessed." Because I collect pony toys and the trading cards, and I watch new episodes when they come out. I am also a member of this forum. It does not consume my life, but MLP is one of those things that I'll always love at the bottom of my heart, even when I've moved on to other things.

"Clop" to the ponies

...no thanks. Even if I did masturbate, I wouldn't be doing it to ponies. But then again, I'm a straight woman, and there aren't enough male ponies to clop to, so... not really worth it. IMO.

So yeah, I break the stereotypes. But... I think I usually do anyways. :V

I have my pride about the show but I don't go around really announcing it and trying to convert non-bronies unless they show some interest in the show.

MLP is a hobby to me, nothing more. Just something that's fun, creative-inducing, and good use of time.

Same with me. I agree.

• Brohoof 3

Hmm...

Well, for one, MLP is one of the only kid-friendly shows I like to watch. I have to admit I like Adventure Time, and I'll always have a place in my heart for shows like Courage the Cowardly Dog, but otherwise I'm watching Game of Thrones, American Dad, Firefly, South Park, Arrested Development, Mr. Show, Breaking Bad, and all those other shows filled with tits, fire and f-bombs.

I regularly hang out with the hippie kids from Madison. I take lots of soft drugs, drink beer and liquor, and smoke mad nugs. Most bronies I've encountered would probably not approve of such things.

Im not gay, not fat, not a pedo, I am a virgin but at my age its illegal for me to have sex, I'm not a clopper, I don't have a girlfriend so yeah......(sucks to suck I guess, but hey im only 14), I do live with my parents but yet again only 14.. As for anti social, yea im anti social. In a way im sterotypicaly a brony, but with me being 14 I break the 20-30 stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Im not gay, not fat, not a pedo, I am a virgin but at my age its illegal for me to have sex, I'm not a clopper, I don't have a girlfriend so yeah......(sucks to suck I guess, but hey im only 14), I do live with my parents but yet again only 14.. As for anti social, yea im anti social. In a way im sterotypicaly a brony, but with me being 14 I break the 20-30 stuff.

Join the club...Except for the girlfriend part but I am single at the moment...

1.) Most bronies are gay.

Truth: Im strait, as well as most other bronies.

2.) Most bronies have aspergers or some form of mental disability.

Truth: I have no mental disability.

3.) Most bronies are fat and live in their mom's basement.

Truth: Im actually slightly underweight, and I live in a college dorm.

4.) Bronies only watch the show to give themselves a "tag."

Truth: I watch the show because it is creative and entertaining.

Could keep going on and on, but yeah..