Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you consider yourself an emotional person?

BMO

All my life I have always been easily swayed, and I have quite an emotional sensitivity to situations, people, music, art, anything. Pieces of music can be so beautiful I feel myself tearing up, I can read stories about tragedy or war/violence on the news and feel deeply saddened, or the smallest piece of good news can get my hyperactive. Do you consider yourself to be sensitive compared to others, or are you the opposite?

• Brohoof 1

Yes I do consider myself to be more showing of my emotions then most people. I still haven't been able to listen to Beethoven's 5th and 9th symphonies without crying. I also feel really bad when people die in movies. I know it's fake, but I can't help but feel bad.

• Brohoof 2

I've been know to bitch and complain about my life. I don't like to show much emotion in public because I know no one can help me there. So with no one to help me, I turn to music for comfort my emotions of many kinds.

I can be very emotional at times, especially when the emotion is conveyed through some type of storytelling device. In regards to real-world things, I try not to let my actions be determined by pure emotion, but that's not to say sometimes I get overemotional about things.

Whenever it comes to things about myself, such as, a friend calling me names and such, I don't respond whatsoever. I had my mother screaming at the top of her lungs once, because I wouldn't talk to her, because she's one of those mothers who lives in the ghetto, has had 300 guys for 300 milliseconds, and just... you know, one of those (good thing I don't live with her), and I didn't respond whatsoever. I didn't even feel anything. There was nothing to hold back. I just kind of... shrugged her off. I don't even know of any other examples of what people typically get upset over, because I'm so ignorant to such a way of acting. Dealing with real life people as well, I am cold. I have a problem trying to empathise with people, because typically, they bring their hardships (which aren't even really that bad) upon themselves. Now when it comes to watching an anime... Hoo boy, do I cry. Clannad? I think I cried throughout the last 8 episodes of the After Story, and I'm not exaggerating. I watched them back to back, hardly able to read the subtitles, because I was crying too much. It's kind of strange.

i consider myself rather emotional..yes...i cry at a lot of things, and i can be very emotionally driven at times...i think sometimes it can lead to me making rather rash decisions...

i am also very empathetic and sensitive...and those three put together is probably not the best thing..

(edited)

The inner mechanations of my mind are an enigma. To be honest, I don't even know, as sometimes I'm unable to differentiate between whether I'm joking or serious.

Edited by Whiteshade
  • Brohoof 1

I'm very emotional. I hate it when good things end. Also, I refuse to read any sad stories. I can't risk crying. If I start, I'm miserable for days. I find it kind of annoying really.

For the most part yes.For some reason even the small things would bug me for hours while others wouldn't even think twice about it.It gets irritating after a while ><

Very much so, I cry a lot for a man. It is mostly about trivial things too, like how people always die no matter what. I once cried because I saw a moving story on the news about a kid who helped out his neighbor by making a lemonade stand.

Not really, but lately I have been a bit more sensitive... So in the end, dunno. Might just be temporary though.

i am quite sensetive in some situatuations. for example when somepony insults me i will yell at the person and then apoligize for being so rude then start yelling again. even when it is something so small as "you are wierd" i guess i am just sensitive.

(edited)

I do my best to be a rock for other people. The worst thing is when both people are simply losing their minds and their emotions are being flung everywhere, without any order whatsoever. It's hard, at times. On my mission trip, there was a six-year-old girl who asked one of our group's females if she believed in the devil. The little girl's best friend had been shot in the back, and died protecting her. The little girl was there for the entire incident, and held her best friend's limp body as he bled out. It was one of the most touching and disgusting things I've ever heard. The entire room just had a broken atmosphere, and you could tell everyone just wanted to let it go. In times like those, I do my best to maintain my composure, so if anyone needs a shoulder to lean on, I'm there. I hate hearing about others' problems, because I always wonder why those problems have to exist. My friend had a stroke at age seven, and he will suffer the after-effects for the rest of his life. He can't walk properly, and his right arm is in a paralyzed state.

I haven't had a massive amount of incredibly heinous things happen to me in my life, but I've had my fair share. I go by the phrase, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."

I used to be emotional, but then I turned eight. (Literally -- I haven't cried since I was eight.)

Edited by Guest

I do consider myself an OVERLY emotional person.

An argue, some harassment or a smallest screaming at me... makes me cry. But I usually keep the tears for myself, when I´m alone. I feel guilty, bad.. simply, like a shit.

Movies makes me cry a lot. Even if they´re not sad, have you seen Submarine? That movie made me cry in 20 minutes flat! (and It´s a comedy, very good btw).

Even songs make me cry. There was one song that brought me depression for 5 days.

And I´m not speaking about the "love issues"... that makes my eyes sparkle the most.

Posted Image

Happiness, joy or excitement... well, I´m more stable this way, but depends on situation. I guess. When my fiance pokes my nose, I squealed like this:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfJR6sAo0CU

Lately, yes.

I was always sort of emotional, but something had to be really REALLY sad to get to me. Ponies have kind of made me soft though :P

Sad movies, sad anime, sad music, and especially sad fan fiction really get the tears going. I even had tears of joy when I saw the ending of the season 2 finale. Is that weird? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I'm an emotional sponge to the umpteenth degree. Usually, I'm pretty calm and happy, but as soon as I'm introduced to a different emotion, I change. I can't stand it when someone I know is mad, sad, or in another generally bad mood. I've spent hours crying at the deaths of people to whom I had no relation to whatsoever and that I hadn't know about prior to hearing of their death. A simple, 2 minute, wordless song can completely tank my mood, taking me from happy-go-lucky to defeated and in pain (emotion pain of course) in a matter of seconds.

Still though, I enjoy surrounding myself with dark emotions, it's almost as if sometimes the sadness is a nice break from my usual cheeriness. It sometimes feels good to hurt emotional for something that should have no relevance to me.

Music and personal stories effect me more than anything else, which explains why I rarely find scary stories about crazy monsters scary, and why I rarely find sad stories about fictional entities depressing. Music effects my on an incredible level. Under it's influence, my emotions can rise and fall faster than a leaf in a tornado.

Always have been. I'm super sensitive about many things, and I get emotional when it comes to "chick flick" movies. If something sad is playing, I will tear up. I also usually don't roughhouse with other guys because since I'm sensitive, even a slight punch will hurt lol. My dad always calls me weird whenever he tries to tickle me, but his hands are rough and strong, so of course it hurts. Anyway, not really much to say about it. I'm a sensitive person, and always will be. :D

• Brohoof 1

Definitely.

It feels like my emotions are enhanced or something xD Especially with happiness, but if something sad happens I get sad myself :( However, my moods change really quick (You know: CRYING CRYING 'Hey, you know what this calls for! A party!' That's sort of me), so I don't get sad for too long ^_^

I am sure emotional. But usually I don't show it.

When I'm with good friends, I can show my feelings.

But I'm the most emotional when I listen to certain music. Like this:

ALWAYS makes me cry :(

(edited)

Nope.

Here's what my emotional rollercoaster looks like.

--------------------_ -------------^--------------------------------------

I'm just bored most of the time.

Edited by SonOfTheNorthe
  • Brohoof 1

I cried at the end of Titanic. I didn't cry at my 18 year old cousin's funeral, even when I saw my aunt break down in sobs in front of her open casket

I listened to this Youtube video: /watch?v=z1EjzJT1OOM. And guess what, I bawled. Then I watched a documentary on the Holocaust, with images of piles upon piles of dead bodies. Didn't budge.

I don't know whether I'm cold hearted or a bitch. I blame the internet

It just seems unnatural for me to have strong emotions of any kind and it's not that I can't but sometimes they betray me, my emotions that is. I've been called heartless before for not showing my emotions with others and that kind of stings, y'know.