Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you consider yourself an emotional person?

BMO

I usually have strong emotions, but I choose not to show them. You'll usually see me with a straight face no matter the situation. Gore, death, seeing those things aren't appalling to me. I am sometimes labeled as a heartless cruel person when I have no reaction to somebodies sad story, such as their relatives dieing, or

other usually saddening stories. I will usually show my happiness, but not anything else.

I can be but I need to dial that back... I think it's important to keep the lid on in public, but It's healthy to have people to open up to. I have a couple of friends that can unload on if I need to.

I have only one way to describe how emotional I am in perspective...

I am a straight male dude that plays football, hangs out with dudes and I mean dudes that act like they are living in the movie Jackass. I am a tall burly guy for my age (so I can be intimidating to people sometimes), and thanks to ponies, I have the emotions of 13 year old girl. When most guys my age have the emotions of rock...

I'm a level-headed and down-to-earth person. But all the while, I'd still consider myself to be fairly emotional, especially depending on the situation.

Over the years I have grown thicker skin and better ability to be rational, but that doesn't stop me from getting emotional from a good book, a sad movie, an angry person, a loving gesture, or anything of the sort.

Honestly, I don't seem to show my emotions, so I guess I'm not a really emotional person, which might not be a good thing, it's probably better to let them out, but I just don't.

i am the exact opposite, i have very little emotion, it actually takes a lot for me to feel any thing at all, when i was a kid yes i was emotional, a lot of things got to me, hurting my feeling was very easy back then, but then my grandmother died, and i guess my emotions died with her

• 3 weeks later...

Very much so. For a guy I'm pretty emotional. Now, they aren't always physically visible, but inside my head is a typhoon of feels, all the time. This is what happens when I inherited my dad's quietness, but my mom's anxiety </3

Yes, but probably in a different way. I am probably the biggest chicken shit you will find. I will not put how (especially in this whole forum with everyone seeing) but I will say, I am scared of everything. Even if it is not that scary. Just a scream scares me. A midget spider scares me. Everything that is not pony related (interestingly) scares me! I also cry for nothing. If someone is not mad at me, bur just telling me something, I will cry. Even if I don't want to. I stay up some nights because I am scared. I am glad that Friendship truly is Magic.

I always have been an emotional person, and I always will be. I believe that expressing your emotions is a good way to let yourself out as a person, and is a better outlet then keeping your emotions bottled up inside you. I've always expressed sadness, anger, and happiness when I feel that way, and I always will. It's something that is part of me as a person, and something that I'm proud of. Expressing my emotions hasn't ever stopped me from being the successful person I want to be, and it never will.

That would depend on what you consider emotional. I find it stupid that a lot of people think that if a man is emotional, it means that they're a cry baby. When the whole idea of being emotional is showing your anger, sadness, frustration and other emotions through expression and body language. But yes I am emotional.

Edited by rcollinz13

Most people who know me would say that I'm not emotional at all. But I am. In fact, I'm very sensitive man, I just don't show it. I always cry when finish sad book/movie or even listen to sad music. That's why i avoid sad stories - I know they would make my cry for days or even weeks, even I know it's just a fiction. Generally, I try to hide my emotions. I'm a bit ashamed of my tears. Every day I wear a mask and that's depressing sometimes :mellow:

I'd like to think my emotions are justified, and I'd prefer not to put myself down if I cry or anything like that because of how the traditional American ideas say that people, especially men, shouldn't cry, which is bullshit.

I don't really show any other emotion other than contentment and I tend to hide what I'm really feeling with a small smile and a happy tone. I hate worrying other people, so that's most likely the reason I do so. So I guess I can consider myself an emotional person, even though I usually try to hide negative emotions with more positive ones.

I would considered myself that...everyone is always calling me a drama queen. At first I was bothered by it, but now, I just go along with it.

There isn't a day when I'm not pulling a Rarity! :P

I have learned to control my emotions over the months, but I'm still susceptible to many emotional situations such as getting into an argument with someone else and I end up regretting it afterwards. That being said, I'm a hothead and the slightest nuisances piss me off to no ends (only for a few moments), if you want to call that being emotional. :P

Hmm.. I don't think I'd call myself an emotional type of person. I'm pretty neutral, actually. Not happy, but not sad. Just kind of chill. Think of a bell graph with sorrow at one end of the X-axis and blissful joy on the other.

Other emotions like anger and jealousy are quite rare for me to experience. However, sensations like disgust and fear are all too common.

I don't consider myself very emotional, infact sometimes in the past my friends have had trouble telling what I feel and I like to think that I'm pretty good at the blank stare which happens to be my neutral face. Anyways usually I don't really feel anything in particular but my emotions can get pretty crazy. I just don't express many besides happiness, anger, irritation, contentment, stuff like that.

Not really. That's not to say I don't have my moments, and some things certainly move me much more than others, but I don't let emotion guide many decisions anymore. In my experience it causes more harm than good. Certain music or a beautiful piece of writing can coax some tears and get me thinking for awhile. I even found myself so attached to the Companions of the Hall that it would get me down for days whenever something awful happened to one of them, like a personal friend had been lost.

From a practical standpoint, emotion, or that "gut feeling," is only considered when reason isn't enough to get me through a situation. I've rarely seen an emotional reaction turn out well.

• 7 months later...

Honestly, no I don't.

I don't cry unless it's something that's really close to me. I'm not the kind of person who cries over a sad movie.

Really the only thing I can think of that would make me really get emotional was if a person really close to me died.