Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So How's Your Post-Holiday Season?

Colon Leftbracket

Happy Boxing Day Everypony!

If you're like me you enjoy the day after Christmas (...err more like Xmas for me. Cthulumas perhaps?) because most places you want to go are closed, and now your family is done demanding your presence at EVERYTHING!

An entire day dedicated to family... I'll pass!

So my real holiday is the day after where you can enjoy the last remaining bits of holiday spirit, enjoy your presents, and spend all that money that was dated 12/24!

So I wanted to make a thread so they can discuss their Holiday, what they got, and what they plan to spend their money on. Discuss New Years plans and make New Years Resolutions we won't keep! Discuss 2012 or reminisce on 2011!

I'll start...

Well for Christmas I did not ask for much. All I asked for was Star Wars The Old Republic which I've been playing since the 13th so I thought I'd just shrug off the Holidays. Turns out I got a little bit more than that...

I got a new Laptop case that I love!

A Cooling Fan for my Laptop,

The SWTOR Explorer's Guide that shows maps, hidden secrets, and gives very obvious information about the classes ("Heavy armor is for protection." "Bounty Hunters use blasters for ranged attacks" You Don't Say?) or unhelpful info ("As for the Imperial Agent it is best to use cover (if available)" I have a portable shield that works as cover that uses ZERO energy... Dafuq?)

Two Xbox 360 games that my brother must've scraped off the bottom of an Indie Barrel because I never heard of them "Venetica" and "MorphX".

Venetica

Venetica is a game that tries to be a more family friendly version of Fable, but fails at it HORRIBLY! From the whopping 30 minutes I could stand to play (it beat WoW by 10 minutes mostly because the cutscene dragged on FOOREVER!) The story was pretty stupid as well. You are some Scarlett chick and at your wedding with whom I call Prince Charming. Your town is attacked by Marauders that are so skilled with Bows that their arrows impale people backwards feather first! You beat the shit out of them with a fireplace poker. But then Prince Unalarming get's a blade thrown at his spine that his plate armor was more than welcome to allow penetration like a desperate whore.

MorphX

MorphX is... well it's a Sci-Fi game where you fight aliens that make Half-Life 2 sounds. They literally ripped the Headcrab, Ammo, Health, and other sounds! Anyway you play as some random guy I call "Nikko Belick" (You know from GTAIV) And you run around the DARKEST corners of Russia beating up Aliens and Humans for no reason. As the game progresses you absorb Aliens to get bigger, and stronger, and more powers. By the third level Nikko transformed into Serious Sam! They make you play an interesting puzzle game when you want an upgrade which is pretty much this game only good point. That and the jump animation is like a dropkick 20 yards across the sky!

I got shirts... some good some bleh. One of them says "That's What She Said" Oh haha! That saying never got old, especially over a year ago!

I got 3 months of Xbox Live Gold Membership and 1600 Microsoft Points.

I got a $25 Walmart gift card which I'll spend on absolutely fucking nothing since I don't like Walmart for items that low in price!

And cash and checks total up to $140. A shocking amount! Normally I get about $50-$100.

I've spent $20 so far! I got 2 games $9.99 each.

I got Quake 4 because I like Quake and even if 4 sucks it comes with Quake 2 on disc so it's a buy one get one free.

I also got No More Heroes (the sky is falling, I BOUGHT A WII GAME!) I love Suda51 and his wackiness!

Anyway that's my holiday... for the rest of my money $80 is going to 6 Months of SWTOR. The rest is going on a Gift Card so I can spend it on the Internet. Hmm... perhaps I shall make donations!

So how was your holiday and whatnot!

Well today is my birthday so I get to start off the post holiday season pretty nicely :DDD

The peace Christmas seems to bring around me and my family usually lasts sometime into January so I think it will be pretty nice here.

Well past midnight I watched 5 episodes of Doctor Who to finish up the 2007 season, including one doozy of an episode that provided so much nightmare fuel that well....I've become it now.

As for the rest the day, just lounged about, not really doing anything.

Edited by Weeping XFizzle

Boxing day has already finished for me, but it sure was an interesting day to say the least.

I forced myself out of bed at around 4:30 in the morning, so I could head off to Chadstone (The largest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere) to buy a few things before all the other bargain seekers stormed through the doors. I rode my bike there so I wouldn't have to play the game 'find a free parking space before you run out of petrol and have to push your car home'.

By the time I arrived there was already a huge line outside most stores, so I had to wait around for an hour before I actually got inside, and by the time I did, the few things I actually came to buy were either sold out already, or had been out of stock because of pre-christmas sales.

Determined to buy at least one item before I left, I made my way through all the stores as quickly as possible so I could leave before the place turned into a madhouse. Eventually, I managed to grab some jacket that was on sale from Tommy Hilfiger, and some shoes from David Jones, but I was tired and more than ready to head home by this point.

I'd chained by bike up on the top level of the car park, since whenever I chain my bike up on a bike rack, I usually return to find that nine other people have all tried to use the same rack, consequently boxing my bike in. I really wasn't looking forward to trying to get my bike down all those steps to the ground level with so many people trying to walk up them. Fortunately I spotted a lift in the corner and jumped in that instead. Turns out that the ground level opens up inside of the shopping centre, with people swarming all over the place. I considered going back up to the top floor, but in the end I just thought fuck it, and just powered my way through the crowds until I finally found an exit.

Next year I think I'll just buy everything online instead.

Edited by Swoop

Eh. Christmas day for me was ... more or less a complete non-event, just like the day after. I bought myself some yellow curry on both days for dinner as my gifts to myself.

It wasn't the best birthday ever... From having a headache to having terrible service at the restaurant I got to pick for lunch.

But I did get Skyward Sword. ^_^

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. =(

Well... my uh 26th...

My boyfriend told me some of the sweetest things I've ever heard and made me have probably the biggest smile ever. I danced for him on webcam. He was grinning like mad. Then I talked to my real life friend on Skype. Then I fainted from sleep deprivation for a few hours, a nap. I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep, so I came on here and read some logs of me and my boyfriend. Didn't go back to sleep for some while.

My post holiday season usually isn't really ever the best. This day has had some bad vibes, but I'll get through them. I'm determined to make the next few days awesome by starting on my drawings again to hopefully stop my anxiety from flaring up like it likes to from time to time.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

I did absolutely nothing for most of the day. Got up at 11:30 or 12 and sat at the PC doing work for a few hours (namely listening to sound samples on a bunch of CDs I want to buy and eliminating titles I don't need) - then my parents went to Wal-Mart and a couple other places to shop for chocolate since it was on sale. I tagged along and dug through the massive Boxing Day DVD/Blu-Ray selection, but in the end I only bought two boxes of Turtles chocolates which totaled $10.47. I'm hoping for some soundtrack CD deliveries in the mail tomorrow (I've been buying a crap ton off eBay lately).

My christmas was enjoyable, nothing too special, spent time with the family and kickd back enjoying the holiday. The 26th was pretty much running errands for me, went to the mall, got maintenance done on my car, etc... I did buy a couple legit MLP shirts as a late present to myself tho :) anyway hope you all had a great holiday :P

But I did get Skyward Sword. ^_^

Oh I almost forgot to mention that I have a friend visiting from out of state which is exciting, but a shame that there's not much to do here.

He got Skyward Sword for Xmas. We sat down to play it and then we got to that unholy "WiiMotion Plus Required" Screen!

Well there went hours of entertainment!

I went to the mall and picked up the above titles for something to do and then he went off and disappeared to a relatives. :(

Maybe he'll come back with a Wii Motion Plus controller before vacation ends till then I suppose I have other things to do.

• 7 years later...

Heading back home tomorrow. Was a nice time to be away from work (finally) ad seeing relatives, though we didn’t always chat as much :awwthanks:. Still have NYs ahead, but I’ll probably just be working for that. Oof.

Its been alright. My grandparents left to go back home and my dad left to go back to work. He won’t be back until around mid January or so. @Cyclone1066 is coming to see me next week so I’m excited! :wub: I get to spend New Years with him.

• Brohoof 1

My after Christmas was spent at work. The person I’m working with this and next week is pretty cool. Although I had a rather......awkward situation with one of the individuals I’ve been having problems with on my normal shift. 

Well, I got sick so I could definitely be doing better. But I got two very nice gifts this year I can't wait to enjoy fully. Also, I had essays and stuff like that for university due until yesterday, so now I'm finally free from it for now~

I’m still hanging on to the holiday season with both hands. I have no intention of letting go until I’m dragged away from it kicking and screaming. I love Christmas; the season and activities far more than the presents. I often get overwhelmed by some of it at one point or another (some of it can be pretty demanding when I have lots of irons in the fire) but there’s no other time of the year when I truly have one foot in a far greater world. The difficulties are worth the effort and the feeling of Christmas is indescribable. I wish I could be an elf at Santa’s castle and have this feeling all year through.