Lives at home

No job

No school

Meh grades

But on the flip side:

Loves life

Amazing amounts of self esteem, bordering on arrogance

Is really smart, just unorganized (and has ADD), which explains low grades

Loves learning, especially math and science, especially astrophysics and theoretical physics

Got a 30 on the ACT a few months ago

So that study can go suck it.

I'd rather live this way then have a good job and a crappy self esteem

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

Interesting. I would think people learn at their own pace and possibly how they're raised or what they experience can cause them to learn differently. Regardless of being at school, things can be learned outside those institutions and I remember reading that we learn most things faster at a young age. It's like our brains absorb more information or comprehend it the younger we are because life is so sudden. That's why children are so curious, yet they learn a lot from curiosity as well.

I seriously doubt the statistics, to be honest.

Born in December, did well in school and doing fairly well in real-life. My friend was born in January and did fair.

There are other factors as well, like how eager they are to learn.

Well, that would explain why I'm such a failure!

That is if I actually believed the studies were true, which I really don't...

Edited by Envy

This is a real phenomenon that has been studied and shown to be broadly true.

However, you need to use the academic year, not the calendar year. In the Northern Hemisphere, the academic year usually runs from September to August. (In the Southern Hemisphere, the academic year is usually the same as the calendar year.)

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like the kind of thing that's complete bullshit, but who knows. I hope it is, because if it's not, I'm fucked, lol. I was born in December.

• 7 years later...
On 2011-12-27 at 1:14 AM, Shankveld said:

According to some studies :

People born later in the year (mainly after September) will have less success in their adult/teenager life.

Well aren’t I glad to be born 1 month earlier lol 

So like, imagine being born December 31 :orly: … at 11:59 :wacko: .

I did good in the past but I lack results. I won’t go down THAT whirlpool…

6 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Should've just stayed in the womb the last three months (born early) :blush:

Well, I'm not what you'd consider very successful at the moment, but I'm succeeding at some things. 

You must’ve been a teensy widdle baby :wub: !

Maybe it has to do with December babies being Sagittarius and they are "free willed" and don't like to take orders from others, they are considered "adventuror" as a primary occupation. I am December baby, I have a history of break back work leading NOWHERE, constantly arguing with employers/having objective disagreements on how the job should be done. Now I don't necessarily believe in all the astrology crap, it is an interesting correlation, and "success" is measured different from person to person. Some chase the spotlight, some chase financial success, some chase family aspirations, some are just upright workaholics, AND SOME ppl ACTUALLY DO meaningful stuff for children, animals, charities and aren't frivolous at all.. it just depends, it's like ppl become astronauts bc of the self ambition more so than the check.. it's just human wills/interests that make our goals VERY different from one another. I don't want to be married to someone I loathe secretly bc I'm "afraid of being alone"... Some ppl spend THEIR WHOLE LIVES pathetically comparing themselves to other ppl and living other ppls lives/goals bc that's just who they are, they are intently focused on the opinions of others/success of others, so they live a forgettable carbon copy existence that they call "success". "Successes" are subjective, bc I would HATE to be this person, but in their mind their "leading their best life".. lol

Sounds unlikely, but let's blame this whole life on that, anyway. Next, time I incur tax evasion, I will tell the officers I was born on december 6. Surely, they will understand. Hahaha.

No, really. It was all because of a very dysfunctional family environment, abandonment issues, childhood trauma, financial instability, etc that essentially brought me down. There is only so much I can take before I break. Like anything else in this world. And it has been more than twenty years of bad after bad. So, you only have to add up the factors. It is all there. No need for moon logic. I was an amazing child. Loving, caring, sensible. And then I met this "family".

• Brohoof 1

November baby undergoes personality change in lockdown and finds who they truly are and then loses friends and has a hard time fitting in and their parents want them to fit in like it's the only thing that matters in life,

Now where have I seen that?

My birthday is in June, which is the middle of the year, so does that mean I have a 50/50 chance of being successful?

Anyways, there's a saying which goes, "correlation does not equal causation". I believe this to be the case, that being born later in the year does not equal less success.