Team Great Britain Youtube
Team Canada Website
Team Canada Facebook
Team Canada Twitter
Team Canada Youtube

2012 Olympic Games Signature (made by me) - feel free to use:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 6

Hmm...I wonder who is going to win the Equestrian Event?

Anyway, pretty much supporting my country: USA.

However, I am also supporting, Japan and Italy and Canada. Those are the best other countries in my eyes. :)

Just a quick heads up/reminder, the Opening Ceremony for the 2012 Games will take place tomorrow at 9 PM London Time, and 4 PM ET. It will be televised on NBC at 7 PM ET. As always, it will be a sight that you definitely want to see.

This year's ceremony, dubbed “The Isles of Wonder”, will be directed Oscar award-winning director Danny Boyle, who is famous for films such as Slumdog Millionaire and 127 Hours.

Here are the Opening Ceremonies from the past two Olympics, Beijing 2008 and Vancouver 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOijH0xinTE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxZpUueDAvc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(edited)

Alright everypony! The Games are here!!! :lol:

What country(s) are you rooting for? Do you have any plans for watching the Games? Which of the Games is your favorite? PUT IT ALL HERE!!!!!

*UPDATE!* Nevermind people! Sorry! I accidentally made a duplicate thread. This thread was here first so go check it out instead: http://mlpforums.com...ics#entry602366

Edited by Red
  • Brohoof 1

I'm watching the long distance running events. It's the only sport Ethiopians can call themselves masters in. Besides, Haile Gebrselassie didn't participate last time in China because the air quality was shit, so now he'll be able to participate in the runs - maybe even the marathon! :lol:

(edited)

I think it's ironic that British newspapers bashed Vancouver pretty hard over things they did, like Traffic management and Labour Disputes, except now those exact problems are happening to London EXCEPT WE MANAGED THEM. Ho ho ho ho

Edited by Blue

I love the Olympics and I'll be rooting for USA in some sports, but mostly France, Australia, and Germany. I'm just sick of the US winning everything. I'm not a US hater, I live here and love my country, but I want to see a more fair medal count spread across more nations.

Ah, the good Ol' Olympics, I'm obviously rooting for Canada! Whoo! Hope they and every nation does well and enjoys! :)

But mostly Canada.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen a lot less excitement for this installment than the others I remember, but of course the Beijing Games were really significant in more ways than one.

As an American I'd natural support my home country, but at this point I no longer see the Olympics as the "common heritage" escape from all the wars and economic problems it was intended to be so I'm reluctant to actually watch. That and I was never a big sports fan to begin with...

I love the Olympics and I'll be rooting for USA in some sports, but mostly France, Australia, and Germany. I'm just sick of the US winning everything. I'm not a US hater, I live here and love my country, but I want to see a more fair medal count spread across more nations.

Fairness in things like sporting events only generally regard things like if players follow the agreed-upon rules. The USA gets a lot of medals because we invest a lot of time and energy training the athletes (and admittedly, we have a larger team but more significantly a larger population than many countries which means that stronger individual deviations from the norm are simply more likely to occur within the population). I'll assume you're just hopeful that the smaller countries are more successful this year than they usually are, I'd like to see that too, but "fair" almost seems to imply that some artificial intervention needs to happen.
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Discussion Thread

What's going on guys?

The Opening Ceremonies will begin shortly, and this thread has been made for the discussion of the Opening Ceremonies only! If you wish to discuss the Olympic games, then please go to this thread
http://mlpforums.com...c-games-thread/

So to start off with ~
  • What do you guys want to see in the Opening Ceremonies?
  • What sort of things do you expect to see?
  • Who do you think will light the Olympic flame?
I am very honored as an Englishman to have the Opening Ceremonies in England, and i cant wait to see what we have to present the world! This is Britain's time to shine!

I am also wondering what David Beckham will do in this years Opening Ceremonies.

I think that either David Beckham or Sir Paul Mccartney will light the Olympic flame.

Let the Discussion begin! ~
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

What I wanted to see is David Tennant light the cauldron. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it because it would cause a paradox...

Posted Image

(Apart from the joke, I would actually want to see Sir Paul McCartney light the Olympic fire.)

Edited by Dragonshy
  • Brohoof 1

What I wanted to see is David Tennant light the cauldron. Unfortunately, they couldn't do it because it would cause a paradox...

Posted Image

Ah that episode!!

But the doctor has already done his part :) Here is a picture of the new doctor carrying the torch!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Ah that episode!!

But the doctor has already done his part :) Here is a picture of the new doctor carrying the torch!

Posted Image

No way! That is epic! I wish they would have had David Tennant run it so it was more accurate. Still awesome though.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, the only opening I've seen was van cover, but I barely remember that. Not to mention that was the winter olympics so I son't exactly know how this works.

All I have to say is, you better impress me Britain.

• Brohoof 1

No way! That is epic! I wish they would have had David Tennant run it so it was more accurate. Still awesome though.

It was very fun watching him :)

From what i know, the torch went through many towns in England and Britain, i even got to see it IRL :D

• Brohoof 2

Hello Speedy Transition,

I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your thread with this one because they were both basically the same thing. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I had no idea that the Olympics would have such an incredible story as this: http://www.guardian....olympics-record.

I'm really looking forward to what this year's Olympics has in store for us. It's definitely going to be one for the books!

Edited by Guest

Well, the Opening Ceremonies are now over!! And it was by far the best one yet! I feel so honored to have it hosted in my home country! Good luck to all counties taking part!! :)

Here is some screenshots of the one and only Sir Paul McCartney bringing the show to a close!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello Speedy Transition,

I hope you don't mind, but I've merged your thread with this one because they were both basically the same thing. :)

Hello Scoot!

Yes i do bloody mind, the while reason i linked this thread in my is BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!! It pissed me off so much that you did this, then asked me afterwards?

Well, the Opening Ceremonies are now over!! And it was by far the best one yet! I feel so honored to have it hosted in my home country! Good luck to all counties taking part!! :)

Here is some screenshots of the one and only Sir Paul McCartney bringing the show to a close!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hello Scoot!

Yes i do bloody mind, the while reason i linked this thread in my is BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME!! It pissed me off so much that you did this, then asked me afterwards?

Its just starting for us in the US. :(

Its beginning. You better mean it when you say its awesome. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It will be the best thing you have ever seen son :)

Good because I'm going to judge the entire UK based on what I see. SO if it fails, you guys fail. >: )

JK. :P

Edited by Bandana RaccoonBLee
  • Brohoof 1