Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2012 London Summer Olympic Games Thread

Nas

Same here, though I loved the closing ceremony in my honest opinion. I think the closing ceremony felt touching as I almost shed a tear in my eye (no, I'm not gonna lie), even though the opening ceremony was great. :wub:

(edited)

The flames are extinguished, the nations separate once again for another hiatus, lead by a very triumphant ending ceremony. The Summer Games of the XXX Olympiad are officially concluded.

Until next time these nations meet in competition, we will bid farewell, until 2 years in Russia...

Posted Image

...and in 4 years in Brazil!

Posted Image

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about Rio, with the crime there and all. And the infrastructure to support the large influx of athletes, trainers, tourists, and more.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, I'm a little concerned about Rio, with the crime there and all. And the infrastructure to support the large influx of athletes, trainers, tourists, and more.

Well, they will be the host for the World Cup in two years so they'll probably have everything sorted out by than. It's not like Brazil doesn't have the means to get their act together in that time span.

The flames are extinguished, the nations separate once again for another hiatus, lead by a very triumphant ending ceremony. The Summer Games of the XXX Olympiad are officially concluded.

Until next time these nations meet in competition, we will bid farewell, until 2 years in Russia...

Posted Image

...and in 4 years in Brazil!

Posted Image

Wait. nascar. In Aug. 23, There is London 2012 Paralympic games. You can watch it live online or TV! CTV and other sport channels to want to cover it too!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...
(edited)

This is old stuff  haha but I think the UK actually benefited from the new stadiums and development from the olympics. Some of the stadiums are still in use and there have been many cool and fairly big events held there. The development of westfield shopping centre there has also been a good one.

I enjoyed watching a few events horses in the park, table tennis and some athelete type stuff.

Also I remember the ds app where you could collect sonic and mario trading cards.

The ceremony was so cool, I liked the James bond stuff, the internet part and the dr who thing. The history thing with the industrial was weird tho but cool.

As for the tokyo olympics I feel so sad it might be cancelled Japanese people have been looking forward to and planning this for a long time. 

Edited by flurry

Even as a non-sports person, I still love to rewatch the opening and closing ceremonies. ^_^ They were so iconic and were full of so many legends. The bit with John Lennon and Freddie Mercury's vocal improv were my favourites. :pinkie: