Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dungeons and Dragons RP anyone? (OOC/Pitching)

Authetius

Unlimited life is, while not exactly what he has, closer to what he has than what everyone else would have.

I'm okay with that, meaning I'd need to get lv8 (or another sorcerer or wizard in our group) before I can reform myself. Would I be able to cast the spell on myself ahead of time? Maybe on something like a pendant or something? Would the pendant have to be enchanted after each use (I'd prefer it like this) if I can use a pendant for that? And maybe not a pendant 'cause I would lose it (maybe) when my skull gets knocked off. Maybe something more like a crystal set into the skull.

Thank you for the book. I'll look through it and make the character soon, maybe tonight before I leave.

I have one more question: Would I be able to assign hit points to each of the parts of the body? That way, it's not a yes-no if a part gets hurt by a weapon.

Warlocks cannot cast that spell, only sorcerers or wizards. Yes, i do believe it would be doable to have the spell cast ahead of time, of course with some sort of extra cost on it. And no, the rules do not work in that fashion, as the game is meant to be simple. Your hitpoints is a single number.

Alright to everything. I'd need to buy enchants from merchants then. A single number huh? Well, that single number goes to the skull, seeing as the rest of the body can be torn apart and he won't die. I'll see if I can find some way to make this work and talk to Auth about it.

Skull: 80% HP

Chest: 100% HP

Arm/Thigh: 50% HP

Forearm/Leg: 40% HP

Hand/Foot: 30% HP

If Chest is destroyed, all pieces except Skull leave my control.

If Arm is destroyed, the Forearm and Hand of that side leave my control.

If Forearm is destroyed, the Hand of that side leaves my control.

If Thigh is destroyed, the Leg and Foot of that side leave my control.

If Leg is destroyed, the Foot of that side leaves my control.

When attacking my character, the attack would be described a little bit more and would have a strike point. The Skull, Chest, or Arm if a high blow. The Chest, Forearm, Hand, or Thigh if medium blow. The Thigh, Leg, or Foot if a low blow.

I really don't see what would make this so hard. The most often attacked part would most likely be the chest which would remove all his fighting capabilities. I'd also probably get pretty low health compared to most characters.

I will say that I'm liking the skeleton character more after looking at the details here rather than at what you had at the first pitch on skype. I don't want to give it the green light for sure though until I know exactly how you will fit into the game. I would also like to know what kind of skeleton are you? This might not actually matter, but you could be the skeleton of any of the main races - human/elf/half elf ect.

Also - For them magic users out there - This campaign will not be as easy on you as others. That's the last thing I will say about the campaign beyond the information Players should have to start.

And yes, this is actually a relatively serious campaign compared to most I've done in the past - but don't expect me to be 100% serious. It's my thing to mix in humor here and there, but try to have your characters able to fit into a serious situation without being too awkward.

Also - thanks for the Complete Arcane book too. That's one of the books I just realized I don't have after searching for my Heroes of Horror book.

More information on the game world and pre-game info tomorrow morning, I'm going to bed in like 10 mins and there is WAY too much to summarize in that time. I will try to keep it short enough that one doesn't think TL;DR right off the bat, but with enough detail to appease people like me who like all the pieces of the puzzle to fall into place.

Oh, and as after thought - Monster Races aren't all going to be completely stupid and I will make some playable by request if it is reasonable - but I discourage new players from doing so. I've had some times before where players have used monsters that have a reasonable amount of IQ before.

I just don't see that being applicable in the sense of the game. It will slow down the flow of combat. A better suggestion would be damage being based off of critical hits, or better yet, just certain special scenarios as deemed fit by the dungeon master.

This is just my first though - The system looks good, but Crimson is right. It will slow down combat more than I would like, and for the sake of speed I would so some sort of critical thing or maybe just normal and I would just break bones when I feel it would be realistic or necessary.

But anyways - What exactly are you looking for in the human empires to make your character Crimson? It may or may not already exist and if it doesn't and I like the idea I could put it in. And FYI - there are multiple human empires.

Also - there is a pre-made map for this world and I will post it tomorrow, but I will be redoing it for the sake of quality sometime.

If it slows the flow of combat, then I'd speed up. Does it take a lot of time to decide where a swordsman who does a strike to the left side at a medium level would aim at? I'd probably say the chest but the forearm or hand might get in the way. So if I don't do anything, or fail a roll to see if I succeed or not (constant roll that doesn't change as I level or gain stats), the chest would get hit. If I succeed in the roll, I get hurt where I had decided before I had rolled.

Over head strikes would target the head, stab attacks to the chest, under attacks to a thigh depending on how I am standing and where the enemy is, side attack to the chest/arm/forearm/hand.

What I'm trying to do is make the skeleton's combat as realistic as possible without getting too complicated instead of as simple as possible.

How much would this slow down combat? I can see a few extra seconds each time I'm being attacked which, honestly, should not happen as I'm a caster.

Also: Paladin. You would. We're going to be best of friends in the roleplay.

^-^ Although he is lawful good, he is not naive, and can see past the outer shell of a man.

You seem to really put alot of thought and seem to really be pushing into something that will HINDER your character.

I realize, for the sake of realism, that the game would run like that, but then the game feels unbalanced, all combat must be done in that way to leave out unfair advantages, and trust me when i say that it is a hard system to balance. I've worked for weeks at a time attempting to successfully balance such a system, to no avail.

To be fair, i understand that you want to make your character balanced. However, it will be a simple solution to leave it up to the DMs discretion.

Alright. We will see how it turns out.

And being hindered is something that I will fully welcome if it makes the combat feel more realistic. A skeleton does not have the endurance a human would but they can get up more often.

Hey Auth and everypony else. I decided to make how my skeleton will be at level 1. I will put it in a spoiler as it is rather long.

Name: Bartholomew Omega Noelle Ezekiel Sjaelan

Nickname: Bones

Age: Died at 20. 5 years later, resurrected. Has been a skeleton for 25 years now, giving his total age at 50.

Hand: Ambidextrous

Looks: Bones wears whatever he can feels like, robes or light armor when possible. His body is pure white and lacks all flesh. He is made completely of bones.

Personality: Bones is pretty relaxed, calm, and random. He does not panic or get stressed and will rarely be serious. When he does become serious, he stops being random and thinks very clearly. While not trying to scare anyone, he is kind, but he will use the fact that he is a skeleton to assist in his attempt to get information out of people.

Height: 5 feet 8 inches.

Weight: 36 pounds after death. 72 pounds when his body contained water. 180 pounds when he was alive.

Background: Bones never wanted to be an adventurer but there aren't much other professions a skeleton can take. When he was alive, he formed a contract with a demon, becoming a warlock. In return, Bones had to give the demon his blood, flesh, and life which was drained away over the course of 3 years. The worst thing that happened to him would be the later 20 years of his skeletal life, the warlock who had revived him had died 5 years after his ressurection and he was forced to scavenge and flee for the 20 years. The best thing that happened to him would be his death. He was in incredible pain the last year of his life as his flesh was completely rotten and his life trickled away slowly. All his relatives are dead.

Race: Skeleton (Human)

Class: Warlock

Languages: Common. Infernal. Dwarven. Elven. (Due to the +3 intellect modifier, I get 3 other languages.)

> Bones knows Infernal from his contact with demons.

> Bones knows Dwarven and Elven from the time when he was alive. He spent time to learn the language.

Strength: 9

Dexterity: 13

Constitution: 11

Intelligence: 16

Wisdom: 14

Charisma: 16

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Religion: Boccob.

Skills: (2 + Int Modifier) + 1 per level

(Cha) Bluff: 2

(Con) Concentration: 4

(Int) Craft: 0

(Cha) Disguise: 4

(Cha) Intimidate: 4

(Str) Jump: 0

(Int) Knowledge (arcana): 0

(Int) Knowledge (the planes): 0

(Int) Knowledge (religion): 2

(Wis) Profession: 0

(Wis) Sense Motive: 3

(Int) Spellcraft: 3

(Cha) Use Magic Device: 2

Feats: (I get 2 because I am human.)

> Spell Penetration (+2 bonus on caster level checks to defeat spell resistance.)

> Combat Casting (+4 bonus on Concentration checks for defensive casting.)

Gear: Light Crossbow (1D8/19-20, range inc. 80 ft., 4 lb., piercing) with 20 crossbow bolts. Leather armor (+2 AC, +6 max def bonus, armor check penalty 0, speed 30 ft., weight 15 pounds). 2 belt pouches, 1 on each side (.5 lb. each, 1 lb. total). Traveler's outfit (5 lb.). 1 backpack (2 lb.). 29 gold pieces.

Hit point: 6 (Says Hit die is d6)

Skull: 5

Chest: 6

Arm/Thigh: 4

Forearm/Leg: 3

Hand/Foot: 2

Armor Class: 13 (10 + 2 + Size Modifier + 1)

Initiative: 1

Attack Bonuses: -1

Saving Throws:

>Fortitude Save: -1

>Reflex Save: +1

>Will Save: +4

Spells:

Eldritch Blast (Sp): 1D6, 60 feet range. Ranged touch attack that allows no saving throw.

Eldritch Spear: Blast range of Eldreitch Blast increases to 250 feet.

If I did anything incorrectly, which I do not believe I did, please tell me.

Edited by Linguz

It looks good to me, however, the only thing is the undead have no constitution score, as they are... dead. While this means you will get no bonus hit points at any level, you are also immune to all poison and disease.

Everyone should post their characters here, in the example of Linguz, for approval by Authetius.

I will be in short time. ^^

Yes, If you can figure out character creation on your own, go ahead and do so and post your character information here. If you need dice website, there are plenty that pop up just first search on google - I.E. http://www.roll-dice-online.com/

On the subject of dice, I know a lot of you haven't played a RP with dice before. The system for dice is very simple. The book may say you need to roll 1D6 or something along those lines for damage for some weapon or spell. The first number, the '1', in 1D6 means one die. The 'D' simply means die/dice and the final number, '6' in this case, represents the number of sides on the dice. So that would mean that you need to roll one six sided die (cube) for whatever its asking you to roll for.

Also - I need everyone's skype info. I will be making a skype group for more efficient chatting and for when we get the game going.

Completely forgot XD

Psionics will, as a general rule, not exist in Moerthus. I may make exceptions sparingly if I like the character proposed or if I create a nice quest that would be better off with them.

Alright I've made my character, tell me how it looks.

Character name: Ebris Hao

Class: Rogue

Race: Elf

Languages: Common, Elven

Alignment: Chaotic good

Religion: Olidammara (Chaotic Neutral)

Hit points: 5

Strength: 10 (2) Fortitude: -1

Dexterity: 17 (3) Reflex: 5

Constitution: 8 (0) Will: 0

Intelligence: 11 (0) Initiative: 3

Wisdom: 9 (1) Melee: 3

Charisma: 13 (2) Ranged: 3

Money: 0(Pp) 40(Gp) 5(Sp)

Armor class: 15

Skills:balance 4 + 2 = 6

bluff 3 + 1 = 4

climb 2 + -1 = 1

diplomacy 2 + 1 = 3

escape artist 4 + 3 = 7

gather information 3 + 1 = 4

hide 6 + 4 = 10

jump 3 + -1 = 2

listen 4 + 1 = 5

move silently 5 + 5 = 10

open lock 2 + 6 = 8

search 2 + 0 = 2

spot 2 + 1 = 3

Immune to sleep

Equipment:Dagger 1d4 (2), Crossbow, light 1d8 (1), Bolts (10) (7), Leather +2 (1), Pouch, belt 3lb (1), Rations 1lb (3), Rope (50ft) 5lb (1), Thieves' tools 1lb (1)

Feats/Specials:

light armor proficiency

simple weapon proficiency

stealthy

Sneak attack

Trap finding

I hope this was all needed, if I need more, let me know.

My skype is Aeonpvp. I use a Fluttershy as my image.

Edited by Hayze

Doesn't constitution mean more than resistance against diseases? Like how well you would handle a direct blow? Also: I will keep it in to keep it simple, I do not believe I would lack constitution just because I'm a skeleton since I see it as more than how well you handle being sick.

Also: When would game sessions be? At any time of any day or specific times?

Don't forget about us Europeans! All your times are +6 or +8 depending on west or east. So right now it's 8 PM where as for others it's 2 PM or 12 AM! So if it is 6PM for you it's going to be midnight for me :/ something i couldn't do on workdays. I think 4-6h on the weekend is perfect. Perhaps around 2 PM in the afternoon? That would be 8PM for me, which is okay.

Don't forget about us Europeans! All your times are +6 or +8 depending on west or east. So right now it's 8 PM where as for others it's 2 PM or 12 AM! So if it is 6PM for you it's going to be midnight for me :/ something i couldn't do on workdays. I think 4-6h on the weekend is perfect. Perhaps around 2 PM in the afternoon? That would be 8PM for me, which is okay.

If we were to do it that way, it works for me as it is 3:33pm when you posted that message as you said it was 8 for you at that time you posted.

OK - Here's the problem for me - I don't get home from school until about 2:30 on regular work days. I believe we will have to do this on week nights most of the time. I start school next week though and I can do almost anytime 'til this coming Sunday.