Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should MLP Be Catered More Towards Bronies?

PonyEcho

Well I was on one of my magicle journys though the internet ocationally stopping to swag and say my opinion and notice alot of talk about whether or not MLP FIM should be tailored more towards Bronies rather then little girl and it got me thinking.

would they profit from this? now iv seen alot of Bronie say that they would because we have more money then little girls, but i dont think that proves anything because little girl would have there parents to buy the toys for them anyway so there would be no change in it all, apart from when they decide to auction stuff off to bronys for big $$$££

would the show be seen any differently by the haters? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! no, moving on

would the show be better? now this is the big question because if it was tailored toward bronie we would get alot more fan service such as a Derpy episode and episode revolve around the rest of the background ponie, but would that make the show any better would we truely be happy with just that.

i'd like to uses "Suited for Success" (at least i think thats what the episode is called) for example when Rarity made dresses for the mane six to wear for the GGG there ideas more and more out rageous untill the end result was bad... very bad. now i belive this same thing would happen to MLP and Bronie will only have themselfs to blame (but we wont blame ourselves, we would blame the MLP team for ruining the show)

i guess what in trying to say is if the show was tailored towards Bronies it would lose all of its charm and it would not be the same show we all fell in love with, so im against it all, because you dont need to put a sledge hammer to perfection and lets face it we already have so great Bony content made by Bron

so what do y'all think about this topic should the show be tailored more toward bronies or should we just leave well enough alone and let them do there job.

sorry if this all seem a jumbled up mess

Lots of Love

Echo

PS thank you Swoops for taking me off mod queue earlier today

• Brohoof 2

I would rather leave it. You know maybe a few shoutouts to the community like with the Derpy thing, maybe give the background ponies a few more lines or something, but nothing major like whole episodes to them. Of course this is just my opinon so.

Although the brony demographic was substantial in having made the current generation a success for Hasbro. I just don't think that appealing to that fanbase would be a smart move from any stand point.

It's preety obvious that season 2 was aimed at bronys quite a bit. Season 1 made before bronys where huge was created for little girls. And I like season 1 more then season 2 so im thinking that the more they make it for bronys, the worse the show becomes. Season 3 so far has been hinted as being very brony aimed, so I guess when it comes out we will see whether it should be created with or without bronys in mind.

• Brohoof 2

As has been mentioned before: if it ain't broke don't fix it. I bet that if Hasbro did that then many bronies might not even find the show appealing any more.

(edited)

I like what they're doing with it right now. They throw in occasional things for us, but it hasn't completely changed. I don't think I would like it quite as much if it was completely geared towards bronies, as we would then lose some of the effect that comes with wondering if there will be something hidden in the episode for us to find, or if a background pony is going to have lines. Some of the fun (for me anyway) is the suspense of wanting something, but when I actually have it I go on to the next thing, but there's less want now. (If that makes sense). On the other hoof it could be quite interesting, so I guess I could go either way on it.

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

It's preety obvious that season 2 was aimed at bronys quite a bit. Season 1 made before bronys where huge was created for little girls. And I like season 1 more then season 2 so im thinking that the more they make it for bronys, the worse the show becomes. Season 3 so far has been hinted as being very brony aimed, so I guess when it comes out we will see whether it should be created with or without bronys in mind.

Yep. They know about us and love us, and I think they're already doing a good enough job catering to us with subtle references and whatnot, it's been more than just a "little girl's show" for a long time now imo. :huh:

Nope. It's fine as it is. It has that certain charm we all love. If we changed it to better suit our needs, it wouldn't be the same. Let's say for example there is this perfect thing you made, like a sandcastle. But, after taking a good look at it, you say, "It's good, but what would happen if I changed something?" And then you keep doing that until it falls apart and then you have nothing, and you spent all your time trying to change what you love instead of enjoying it the way it was.

• Brohoof 2

Truthfully, I felt Season 2 was the better season. And the many references and adult humor added into My Little Pony makes the show that much better for me. For instance, wouldn't it be amazing if a new, more BRONY-ISH opening were to come about (think Equestria Girls - the song is amazing.)?

I say leave it to the other forms of media to give shoutouts to bronies (like the upcoming comic series). However, I always wondered if having maybe two versions of the show would work (in hindsight there would be a slim chance of that happening), one for the general audience and one for bronies that would get all the meme jokes and whatnot (maybe a series on the internet). Perhaps the "Brony" one would be in the vicinity of those 90's cartoons with tons of inside jokes.

I really don't think so. I mean, why change anything if there's nothing wrong? Sure I would like to see more brony references like Derpy, but as for catering the show towards bronies, I don't think so.

Especially because no matter how much they change it, it will still always technically be a little girl's show, so the moms that watch it with their daughters would find offense in any and everything they put into the show, and eventually force hasbro to take it out. Just like with Derpy.

I really don't think so. I mean, why change anything if there's nothing wrong? Sure I would like to see more brony references like Derpy, but as for catering the show towards bronies, I don't think so.

Especially because no matter how much they change it, it will still always technically be a little girl's show, so the moms that watch it with their daughters would find offense in any and everything they put into the show, and eventually force hasbro to take it out. Just like with Derpy.

But with such a huge fandom and adult community that produces many adult-related works (not just clopfics but war, shippings and and dark adaptations), the show would definitely be picked up by an Adult-focused animation channel (think Adult Swim/Toonami). It is definitely possible. There are conventions for this fanbase, after all.

(edited)

They course they are taking now is fine, they can make occasional shout outs here and there, like the aforementioned Derpy. Just a small, minute handful of subtle gestures toward the community will do.

And maybe some small expansion upon Derpy, like Miss Cherilee.

Edited by DeltaTangent

I don't think it should change because what about the little kids that watch it? Just because we watch it doesn't mean younger

children don't. and if they change the show towards bronies more, it might ruin the experience for the kids that watch it because their parents find it offensive. (like what happened with derpy) and the children might not be able to watch their favorite show anymore because the parents disapprove.

:(

I prefer how it is right now, they are doing fan services already without harming the show's spirit and I am happy they are keeping it that way. If some brony want something special then they can commission a writer or a team to help make that special story their own unless they are able to do it themselves which I seen happen.

(edited)

I think MLP is aimed enough at Bronies. After all, it IS a show made for little kids. If it's aimed any closer towards bronies, everything would just shatter.

Edited by Adam the Mudcrab

I think MLP is aimed enough at Bronies. After all, it IS a show made for little kids. If it's aimed any closer towards bronies, everything would just shatter.

Shatter in what manner? I am sure the brony community would welcome the show with open arms. Are you able to foresee a future in which the fandom dies immediately after a show takes a turn towards the path of bronydom? No, I do not believe yo would. There has been so much time and investment put into this show from the fan community that it would be ridiculous to state that "everything would shatter" the moment the developers start catering a little more to bronies with added references, character songs and character-centered episodes around those that are loved by the bronies.

Bronies fell in love with the show just as it is (how it was aimed for little girls). I don't think they should change it. Everything will just fall apart and MLP will be... well nevermind about that. But I just think they shouldn't cater it towards bronies. Just leave it as it is.

I dunno, sometimes the show trying to stick mostly to the target demograph (Being young girls) doesn't make the episodes as good as I'd like them to be (The Season 1 episodes suffer from this the most because that was when they didn't even know bronies existed) . I'm not sure if I'd like any change though, since that may screw up the show for us. I'd wish it'd get a LITTLE more mature, but maybe I'm asking for too much :mellow:. I mean, TV-Y isn't that high of a rating. Just one rating up, like TV-Y7 would probably please me. If it were to get more drastic (Which I highly doubt), I'd like it to be TV-G, but now I'm asking for too much

They do enough.

The show pulled us in by being what it is. It'd ruin the *ahem* magic if they changed TOO much.

What they do now is just about the right level, I think.

Shatter in what manner? I am sure the brony community would welcome the show with open arms. Are you able to foresee a future in which the fandom dies immediately after a show takes a turn towards the path of bronydom? No, I do not believe yo would. There has been so much time and investment put into this show from the fan community that it would be ridiculous to state that "everything would shatter" the moment the developers start catering a little more to bronies with added references, character songs and character-centered episodes around those that are loved by the bronies.

That's not what I meant. I should have explained more. My opinion is pretty much the same as PegasisterTaco. Bronies fell in love with the original show, with the creators not knowing there would be Bronies. The show is still the same, but with a few cameos and using ideas from the fanbase. A show targeted for Bronies was not what they fell in love with.

It was the innocence and fun, clean humor that attracted bronies to this show in the first place, so they should keep it that way. But I agree with the idea of having more small things like having another background pony speak.

• Brohoof 1

Just leave it as is. The MLP fan base is gaining every day, and the more you push th envelop the more it will look like it's being forced that direction.

ITS NOT WORTH THE RISK! what vif by some chance all of this show and community either fell apart or became some piece of trash?

Think about this show... WHY IS IT SO APEALING? even i cant fully answer that. But what i know is that this show attracted a great fanbase all on its own, and if all of you here are already fans of what it is right now then honestly why would you want to change it?

I can honestly say that thiws show saved my life... and this community makes me feel so good every day. Now... I don't even want to think about what would happen if i lost this show. It has been one of the best things to ever happen to me Trying to bronify it would be like playing with U-235 and both could end in catastrophic ways. I dont want to lose this community or this show.

• Brohoof 2