Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should MLP Be Catered More Towards Bronies?

PonyEcho

ITS NOT WORTH THE RISK! what vif by some chance all of this show and community either fell apart or became some piece of trash?

Think about this show... WHY IS IT SO APEALING? even i cant fully answer that. But what i know is that this show attracted a great fanbase all on its own, and if all of you here are already fans of what it is right now then honestly why would you want to change it?

I can honestly say that thiws show saved my life... and this community makes me feel so good every day. Now... I don't even want to think about what would happen if i lost this show. It has been one of the best things to ever happen to me Trying to bronify it would be like playing with U-235 and both could end in catastrophic ways. I dont want to lose this community or this show.

Well, a huge part of what makes this show nice is the direction of the show, the animation is appealing to the eye, the voice-acting is masterful while the voices are absolute lovely to listen to, the colors embedded in the series are bright and vivid, the many references are appreciated and at times heart-warming, the messages and principals promote maturity and development, and the music is derivative of Disney Classics. Don't even get me started on the fandom. Yet that is the point. Isn't the fandom what makes you truly adore this show even more. I know for many bronies the fandom is what brought viewers that much closer to the series. Now if the developers were to bring a more brony-tone to the series, I am sure the fandom is strong enough to persevere and whole-heartedly welcome the changes. There is just too much investment, effort and time put into the fandom for it just "fall apart and become trash". I do not feel it would ever become this way.

• Brohoof 1

I think the focus on the core demographic is what attracts the "us" demographic, at least in part. I think the show wouldn't retain the sweet, innocent feel it currently has if the writing were to be changed to accommodate us. Perhaps the humor would be more prevelant, but that's a reason why the show is so great in the first place; a lot of the more adult humor is very subtle. It gives you a little smirk (admit it) to know that the little girl watching that on the other side of the country has no idea a joke has even been made. Not to mention it probably wouldn't have the same effect if it were just blatantly obvious. Expanding upon the feel of the show, the fact that the main audience is younger girls, it does have a bit of that infamous saccharine sweetness these types of shows are known for, but the difference is that it's not so in-your-face that it's annoying, it makes it cute and adorable. Which apparently a lot of young men like a lot more then they would like to admit. ;)

MLP is a great show just the way it is, and trying to change it to suit one demographic more than another would be a mistake IMO.

• Brohoof 1

I say that the show is kept the way it is, but the creators should keep bronies in mind and throw a few things in here or there. Such as derpy, fluttershy being a tree, Colgate being a dentist on nightmare night, but don't make it important to the show. Make the show still have the charm it has now that can appeal to target market as well as us.

I'd rather they leave it alone. I get my dose of more serious ponies from Fallout: Equestria, or Our First Steps, or Doctor Whooves: A Game of Stones.

Which BTW are the best of the best of the best. With an extra dose of better than best. :lol:

I think it should be left as is. People became fans of the show without it being targeted towards bronies. Besides bronies aren't the only people that watch the show.

• Brohoof 1

But with such a huge fandom and adult community that produces many adult-related works (not just clopfics but war, shippings and and dark adaptations), the show would definitely be picked up by an Adult-focused animation channel (think Adult Swim/Toonami). It is definitely possible. There are conventions for this fanbase, after all.

I think the chance of the Hub giving away a show as successful as My Little Pony is very low. Also the chance of a channel like Adult Swim ever airing a show titled My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is even lower.

I just don't see any of this stuff ever happening...

I think the chance of the Hub giving away a show as successful as My Little Pony is very low. Also the chance of a channel like Adult Swim ever airing a show titled My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is even lower.

I just don't see any of this stuff ever happening...

Of course the Hub would not ever let go of My Little Pony. I am bringing up the POSSIBILITY of the Hub ever letting it go "total" bronydom. Hahaha. Also, Adult Swim has broadcast much more strangely-named shows. So anything is truly possible for Adult Swim.

I think it is just fine the way it is, that is part of the magic of MLP is the simpleness of the show wile still having a great plot line; so no.

(edited)

I much prefer it the way it currently is. It may be targeted to small kids, but I still enjoy it! The storylines are strong, the characters are great, many things are just perfect. Most TV shows I've seen suck nowadays..

True.. It is already catered to bronies..

Edited by Thunderstorm

I don't see why it should be catering to the brony community even more than it has been. They really listen to bronies and add in stuff for them while still remaining a children's show, and that I like. It's perfectly fine as is.

I think it's fine as it is, I enjoy the innocent feel the show gives off, they also throw in references that only older people would get, and they already throw in instances that may have been hinted by the Brony community, for example Lyra speaking.

So the show is fine how it is!

(edited)

When it comes to the show itself, no, they should just keep it as it is, (maybe throw little shout-outs here and there but still keep it the same). For toys, I'd say they need to change the aim towards bronies, because bronies are the actual fans of the show. little girls might like the pretty colors, but I know at least 100 bronies who will spend their cash to suppourt the show, if only they made the toys a little more like the actual show, because most of those bronies and I hate the current model.

Edited by RiverBankNut

My opinion: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. The way it is right now is the one that attracted all of us to this fanbase in the first pace.

Exactly my words.

I do enjoy it as it is and I do not wish it to change.

It's the same with these stupid remakes of movies. Why can't they ever learn that you shouldn't remake something that's already good...

(edited)

It would ultimately depend how they go about it.

If it means making the characters more strongly developed, themes more philosophical in nature, the plots more complex, more logically coherent, and a little less predictable, then yes, MLP should be catered more towards the bronies.

If it means that every piece of fanon makes its way into the show, the series becomes more "graphic", or more "manly", then no, it shouldn't.

Edited by JustFairness
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Isn't the show already catered more toward bronies than ever before?

Think about the entirety of the second season---especially the season finale. Beyond all of the pop culture references, the stories were generally less linear and a bit edgier than their season one counterparts. As far as I'm concerned, DHX Media is already well on its way to targeting bronies as a significant portion of the audience.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1

MLP is already pretty catered to us Bronies. I think Hasbro is doing a fantastic job as it is. We have to remember that this show is primarily a kid's show, If Hasbro wanted they could just ignore us Bronies all together.

The fact that they recognize us at all is great IMO

• Brohoof 2

No. It's good the way it is. After all we've been through, we've arrived here, at this point in brony history, where the amount of loneliness within the community inspired by the show is at a sufficient amount. I think they're doing it just right. If they focus too much on us, they won't be able to make room for the kids, who still make up a huge fraction of audience.

No. I fell in love with a show that appeals to everyone, including it's target audience. Re-tooling FiM to target us would alienate the target audience and their families, change the entire atmosphere of the show, and just be a horrible decision overall.

(edited)

I'm of the philosophy that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. From my observations, it seems to me that the show is fine among a majority of Bronies the way it is.

I'm not saying don't add new things, but at the very least, the general concept of the show should stay relatively the same as it currently is.

Edited by SBaby

If hasbro and the creative team were to cater to us a few problems would occur.

1. Bronies would be fighting each other about what ideas would be implemented

2. Hasbro will get a horrible rep with the rest of the broadcasting community and we don't want 1 of a favorite networks shutting down do we?

3. The show would be as corrupt and a sell out like all the other shows that crashed before they took flight.

4. Bronies would get a bad rep from many people( more than now) because of the actual target demographics interests are thrown away and most likely will scare the young.

5. And finally it makes use look like a bunch of lazy, greedy, immature, man children that whine over every nitpicking detail.

We should let hasbro do what they do and make a a show that EVERYBODY can love based on the working, pure and lovable formula they have in place.

• Brohoof 1

I like the show for it's childish-ness.It is aimed for children and I like it that way. My Little Pony has been, and forever will be, aimed towards children. A few shoutouts to the community are always great but in

y opiniin, it must stay aimed towards children.