Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My hope for humanity

Dusty Soul

I was going around Youtube looking for music to put on my iPod, and I came across a song called "A long way to Equestria". Immediately after listening I went to word and wrote this out, and I thought I would share it with everyone.

Were a Long Way From Equestria,

or are we?

I understand you won't want to hear what I am saying in this. I understand you most likely just label this as stupid. I just want to share with you my thoughts on this topic, so I hope you understand my stands while I understand yours.

Firstly I must share with you my love for a TV show known as “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.” When I first watched this show I was stunned that even in a cynical world like the one we live in there can be a show as loveable as this. I was drawn to the characters and became interested in the storyline in a way that I didn't know was possible. For once in my life I felt truly happy. I have never smiled so much in my entire life. Before I knew it I had watched the entire 1st and 2nd seasons. The shows bright message made me become something that I never thought I would. I became a brony, and I am OK with it. The community has never shown hate to me nor anyone I can think of. True there are a few that give in to the hate, but let us not judge by the minority. I joined a site called “MLP forums” and honestly I have never felt accepted until I joined that community. I going take this sentence to thank the creators of that site. Since I watched the entirety of the show I have tried to become a more social and more caring person. This show has changed my perception on the world and I wish everyone watched it and loved it.

Now I have to ask you this question; why are we so full of hate and cynicism toward others all the time? We see hate everywhere we go. We see it on the news, at school, on trips, and sometimes even in the serenity of our home. Why do we victimize the ones that actually try to be kind to everyone? Why can't we just see that hate isn't always the answer? If you believe in the saying “Haters gonna hate” your wrong. There are no such thing as haters, it's just something our generation has made up to classify people. These so called haters could be your best friends if you just attempt to give them kindness. Now I understand most won''t become friends with you the first time, but you have to keep trying. We should be really saying “Love and Tolerate”. Who knows, maybe you'll become best friends.

Society has changed so much over the past 12 or so years. For all of you that are going “Oh no he's going to start telling me that music was so much better back then” I won't. Actually I found that if you ignore it it will eventually be erased from your life. Anyways, we are brought up in fear that everyone, everywhere is going to hurt us. With all the shootings and murders it's easy to forget the saying “love and Tolerate.” I ask myself why is it that I can't turn onto one news channel and get some good news. All the channels CNN, ABC, FOX, NBC, and CBS are all full of bias opinions and people getting there private lives interrupted. We know more about the big celebrity scandal then we do about our friends. Don't get me started on VH1 and MTV. All we seem to do these days is celebrate the worst in people, and by these days I'm talking about 1600-2012. Yes that long. Think about it, there never was that perfect suburb with green grass and all friendly neighbors. There never was a time when everyone was a friend. Those stereotypes are all figments of our imagination. I used to think that I would want to live in the 50's, but then I realized we as a human race have always thrived on hate and suffering.

In conclusion I believe that we as a nation, no us as a world can come together and form a bond. A worldly brotherhood. Why is there war when there truly is nothing to fight about? Why can't we accept everyone for who they are? Most importantly, why can't we all “love and tolerate” one another. Are we really a long way from Equestria, or is it sitting there right underneath our noses.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish I was smart enoguh to write something like this! what is a long way to equestria about? 5char

Thanks! I worked really hard on this, so that means alot. A long way from Equestria is an AMAZING song by Mandopony. Here it is.