Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like Derpy Whooves to have her own episode?

CommadorTheCyborgPony

Would you like an episode with derpy as its main charecter?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have derpy have her own episode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have her play another role, but not whole episode

(edited)

Its a shame that the Hub has completly changed derpy, but do you think that the old depry should have her very own episode in season 3.

I wouls love to see Derpy have her own episode and to see that the save derpy movments were not in vain.

Edited by JayFeather~

(edited)

Maybe there should be an episode where Derpy plays a significant part, but not a whole episode for her. I just worry that it's going to be done badly an will only serve to satisfy the fanbase's obsession with her.

Edited by JustFairness
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

i think this falls into the should MLP be catered more to bronies thing

personal NO" there shouldnt be a derpy episode and she shouldnt play a significant pare beacuse well she wouldnt rely be derpy she would be ditzy doo, derpy is the weres waldo of MLP and thats what she should be.

also if we did get this derpy episode... would we rely be happy and satifide with just that, answer no because we would end up demanding more

Edited by PonyEcho
  • Brohoof 3

The main problem with having a Derpy only episode, is that Derpy is only know well to the Bronie community. So anyone who is not a Bronie or is just getting into the show would not know much about her. If she had to help the main 6 then that would work.

Maybe there should be an episode where Derpy plays a significant part, but not a whole episode for her. I just worry that it's going to be done badly an will only serve to satisfy the fanbase's obsession with her.

i added the choice to say that she should play another role, thanks for the tip it opened the poll up a bit.

personal NO" there shouldnt be a derpy episode and she shouldnt play a significant pare beacuse well she wouldnt rely be derpy she would be ditzy doo, derpy is the weres waldo of MLP and thats what she should be.

also if we did get this derpy episode... would we rely be happy and satifide with just that, answer no because we would end up demanding more

it would be nice to see Derpy play a role every so often, like twice or once a season would be nice, dont you think?

I Think a cameo with a few lines is best for everyone. Because if they do more than that, then things might not turn out all good.

• Brohoof 2

I know many of you ponies love Derpy Hooves, but I just can't see why she is so special to so many people. For me she is just a background pony like Bon Bon. Yeah she got Derp eyes and I must admit that is a bit funny. And I like to find her when she is the hidden easter egg on the episodes. However, I do not want her to get her own episode. I think the lines she got in "The Last Roundup" were enough to satesfy me, and if she appeared easily seen and very often in one or more episodes it takes away the thing I actually like about her; that she is an easter egg.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I Think a cameo with a few lines is best for everyone. Because if they do more than that, then things might not turn out all good.

it would be nice to see Derpy play a role every so often, like twice or once a season would be nice, dont you think?

Now that i think about it i agree. Derpy is such a fun charecter and nearly everyone likes here, exept for the people who relate derp to retarded.

I know many of you ponies love Derpy Hooves, but I just can't see why she is so special to so many people. For me she is just a background pony like Bon Bon. Yeah she got Derp eyes and I must admit that is a bit funny. And I like to find her when she is the hidden easter egg on the episodes. However, I do not want her to get her own episode. I think the lines she got in "The Last Roundup" were enough to satesfy me, and if she appeared easily seen and very often in one or more episodes it takes away the thing I actually like about her; that she is an easter egg.

you and a lot of people like derpy as an easter egg, but i think that derpy is a really fun charecter and needs more lines.

Edited by JayFeather~

Give her something like a narrative role for an episode as she interprets it in her own words. I think that could work.

• Brohoof 1

Having a whole Derpy episode would be nice, but I don't see how she would fit on the story since she's a normal pony. Maybe the biggest role she'll have will be a couple of spoken lines, but that's all.

Having a whole Derpy episode would be nice, but I don't see how she would fit on the story since she's a normal pony. Maybe the biggest role she'll have will be a couple of spoken lines, but that's all.

Normal pony? Derpy's hardly normal. That's why the fanbase has jumped wildly on her. Of course, she has the status of a background pony, but there's nothing that says that background characters can't get an episode or two of their own.

There's actually a lot of potential in Derpy Hooves.

Seeing as how she's now essentially a depiction of a mentally handicapped person, were she to be shown in a good light, it could be used as a lesson that even Derpy can be useful in some way. For example, perhaps Derpy is actually quite strong and ends up able to help Applejack with apple harvesting.

I can see the letter now. "Dear Princess Celestia: Today I learned that everypony, no matter how silly they may seem, always has a place somewhere. It's just a matter of finding out where that place is."

• Brohoof 2

The MLP FiM doesn't really have a story line because usually events from past episodes dont get mentioned ever again. The only episodes that are ever reconized are the Season final's and Season premires.

There's actually a lot of potential in Derpy Hooves.

Seeing as how she's now essentially a depiction of a mentally handicapped person, were she to be shown in a good light, it could be used as a lesson that even Derpy can be useful in some way. For example, perhaps Derpy is actually quite strong and ends up able to help Applejack with apple harvesting.

I can see the letter now. "Dear Princess Celestia: Today I learned that everypony, no matter how silly they may seem, always has a place somewhere. It's just a matter of finding out where that place is."

That would be awesome, i mean she might have a place throughtout MLP FiM and we can see her in a lot of the episodes and she might even get to say a few lines! your idea is ingenous!

(shakes his head)

NO

im sure we Bronies can cope with her being in the background and the very rare moments like in feeling pinkykeen when she drops a piano on twilights head

no im just gona play somthing out

o wow derpy got an episode i cant wait to see what background pony they do next (next episode) WTF why was this eisode about the mane 6 and not another backgound pony we want a lyra episode, a vynal episode LYRA! DERPY, VYNAL, COLGATE,BONBON, SHIPPING EPISODE, DOCTORHOOVE! you see where im going with this with bronie being older theres a rabid fanboyness to it all if the MLP feed us to muck we would demand much much more.

the moment they start to cater to our means more the the target audiences the show will lose all of its charm and people like you would be to blame....

now i need to lydown

I think it would be cool to have a Derpy episode, but considering what happened last time she had an actual role in an episode... I don't think it'd work.

Now that i think about it i agree. Derpy is such a fun charecter and nearly everyone likes here, exept for the people who relate derp to retarded.

you and a lot of people like derpy as an easter egg, but i think that derpy is a really fun charecter and needs more lines.

If Derpy got more lines, it would totally ruin the fun for me. She would not be that easter egg which I love anymore..

(shakes his head)

NO

im sure we Bronies can cope with her being in the background and the very rare moments like in feeling pinkykeen when she drops a piano on twilights head

o wow derpy got an episode i cant wait to see what background pony they do next (next episode) WTF why was this eisode about the mane 6 and not another backgound pony we want a lyra episode, a vynal episode LYRA! DERPY, VYNAL, COLGATE,BONBON, SHIPPING EPISODE, DOCTORHOOVE! you see where im going with this with bronie being older theres a rabid fanboyness to it all if the MLP feed us to muck we would demand much much more.

the moment they start to cater to our means more the the target audiences the show will lose all of its charm and people like you would be to blame....

now i need to lydown

(shakes his head)

NO

now i need to lydown

As Mana Hooves said, depry is full of potential, she stands out and juding from her role in The Last Roundup she is a part of ponyvill and probably needs to find a job.

It would be nice if she had another role, but that would only make soccer moms go batshit and shit will hit the fan.

Personaly i think they need to take a look at what they are saying and not just say it and walk away not seeing how the Writers responded, maybe the even need to add a bit at the start of the episode telling them that they never ment derpy to mean anything other than clumbsy and embbaressed.

(edited)

The MLP FiM doesn't really have a story line because usually events from past episodes dont get mentioned ever again. The only episodes that are ever reconized are the Season final's and Season premires.

Normal pony? Derpy's hardly normal. That's why the fanbase has jumped wildly on her. Of course, she has the status of a background pony, but there's nothing that says that background characters can't get an episode or two of their own.

Don't get me wrong, I'd really love to that they make Derpy episode, just like everyone else. While you two have good points, Derpy caused quite a shock when she appeared, so I don't think Hasbro would like to redo the same thing.

Nevertheless, Mana Hooves' idea would certainly fit the show , without causing too much stir on the Derpy subject.

Edited by lonewolf1000

I think Derpy should have her own episode because she is such a klutz and i think that trait of hers has a lot of potential for a good plot for a whole episode.

I agree and Mana Hooves had come up with a great idea!

I think it would be cool to have a Derpy episode, but considering what happened last time she had an actual role in an episode... I don't think it'd work.

Maybe they need to say their good intentions at the start of the episode, like " we mean to tie Derp to clumbsy and imbaressed.

If they did give us an episode with the Derpy we love, the same parents that flipped out when Derpy talked would be all over it and eventually force them to change it.

Honestly if the same parents haven't already left the show(note there were only about 10 of them) i think hasbro can resolve this by sending replies stating their good intentions.

If Derpy got more lines, it would totally ruin the fun for me. She would not be that easter egg which I love anymore..

I dont get why you love derpy but are limiting her potenial, i mean like Mana Hooves said, Derpy can find a way to use a talent that she has.

(edited)

The show is about the Mane 6, Spike, and sometimes the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'm sorry, but unless Derpy somehow gets an element of harmony, looses her cutie mark and needs to get another one, or by some miracle helps the main characters learn a lesson in a big way like all the more interesting new characters that get introduced for that, there's no way Derpy or any other background character will get an episode because the show is NOT about them. :huh: Edited by (\SBB64/)

That's not going to work any ways, I mean yeah they could do it, but when they heard everyone complaining about derpy, probably not thinking about the parents getting angry, but the bronies getting angry, they figured that it would be better to not have derpy back in so you wouldn't get angry again.

The show is about the mane 6 and sometimes the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'm sorry, but unless Derpy somehow gets an element of harmony, looses her cutie mark and needs to get another one, or by some miracle helps the main characters learn a lesson in a big way like all the more interesting new characters that get introduced for that, there's no way Derpy or any other background character will get an episode because the show is NOT about them. :huh:

I never implied that Derpy's episode would not involve any of those things. And if we actually learn more about Derpy's role in Equestrian society, then someday it would be legitimate to have an episode focusing on them while still involving the main characters, like many TV shows have done.