Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like Derpy Whooves to have her own episode?

CommadorTheCyborgPony

Would you like an episode with derpy as its main charecter?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have derpy have her own episode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have her play another role, but not whole episode

I never said ONLY soccermoms but they were the majority, and its kinda hard to love and tolerate you when you give me an ignorancy badge.

Now if you will exuse me im going to go sharpen my Katanas.

yeah i may have got outa hand but i have a cold dispational hatered for derpy lover, well the ones who go around saying her removal from the last round up was in-tolerate because derpy is mentaly handicaped.

DERPY IS NOT MENTALLY CHALLANGED SHE JUST HAS A LAZY EYE, hell i had a lazy eye does that make me mentaly handicaped? no

as for her voice, the original voice actor for derpy actualy thought she was a he and based the voice around a 10 year old boy she knew.

Derpy is not mentally handicap and the fact you dolts keep saying shit like that make my blood boit

also you can spout love and tolorence all you want as you continoue this insult (not directing this at you Jay)

you know what i want Ditzy Do have a major part so it can become canon and all this can just fucking end.

yeah i may have got outa hand but i have a cold dispational hatered for derpy lover, well the ones who go around saying her removal from the last round up was in-tolerate because derpy is mentaly handicaped.

DERPY IS NOT MENTALLY CHALLANGED SHE JUST HAS A LAZY EYE, hell i had a lazy eye does that make me mentaly handicaped? no

as for her voice, the original voice actor for derpy actualy thought she was a he and based the voice around a 10 year old boy she knew.

Derpy is not mentally handicap and the fact you dolts keep saying shit like that make my blood boit

also you can spout love and tolorence all you want as you continoue this insult (not directing this at you Jay)

you know what i want Ditzy Do have a major part so it can become canon and all this can just fucking end.

Nobody here said she was mentally handicapped, but people (not just soccermoms) thoguth retarded was also a meaning for Derpy, then coupled with her apperence and voice assumed she was a mentally disabled pony. I also do not like it when people say shes mentally challenged, but no need to get mad over it. And you do realise you just called the people who commented on this forum dolts, what happened to love and tolerate i mean we all have are opinion and i respect that but no need to be a asshole.

(edited)

There's actually a lot of potential in Derpy Hooves.

Seeing as how she's now essentially a depiction of a mentally handicapped person, were she to be shown in a good light, it could be used as a lesson that even Derpy can be useful in some way. For example, perhaps Derpy is actually quite strong and ends up able to help Applejack with apple harvesting.

I can see the letter now. "Dear Princess Celestia: Today I learned that everypony, no matter how silly they may seem, always has a place somewhere. It's just a matter of finding out where that place is."

Nobody here said she was mentally handicapped,

point to me because not only does this prove you wrong but this was the quoat that you've been saying was a good idea meaning that your not ignorent of it you down right lied.

now back to point Derpy is not mentally handicapped saying so is an insult to everyone with a lazy eye that inclueds myself and Derpy

Edited by Devin McCourty
We could do without threatening other members.

(edited)

point to me because not only does this prove you wrong but this was the quoat that you've been saying was a good idea meaning that your not ignorent of it you down right lied. (btw if i see those two posted edited i will hunt you both down)

now back to point Derpy is not mentally handicapped saying so is an insult to everyone with a lazy eye that inclueds myself and Derpy

point to me because not only does this prove you wrong but this was the quoat that you've been saying was a good idea meaning that your not ignorent of it you are down right Awesome. (btw if i see those two posted edited i will hunt you both down)

Im not sure i follow what you are saying...proves me wrong about what? lied about what? and as i said, nobody here said she was mentally handicapped, atleast i dont think so and i know i didn't. By the way it wasn't JUST the lazy eye its the fact that some people thoought that Derpy means retarded and her Derp eyes and also her voice coupled together made people think she was a mentally hadicape stereotype. Now i do not think that, plus infact i do have 2 freinds IRL with a lazy eye.

Edited by JayFeather~

Im not sure i follow what you are saying...proves me wrong about what? lied about what? and as i said, nobody here said she was mentally handicapped, atleast i dont think so and i know i didn't. By the way it wasn't JUST the lazy eye its the fact that some people thoought that Derpy means retarded and her Derp eyes and also her voice coupled together made people think she was a mentally hadicape stereotype. Now i do not think that, plus infact i do have 2 freinds IRL with a lazy eye.

well the point of my last post was you said "Nobody here said she was mentally handicapped," which mean not one person

on this thread mentioned she was mentaly handicaped. Mana Whooves quote i show was proff the what you said was a lie because you quated that post yourself so you were awear of it.

for derpy to be mentaly handycaped that would have to have been something the mlp team wanted to acheve, people were offended because little kids were watching this and it would likely result in them calling other kids who have lazy eyes derpy which still means retard you cant change that, thats why derpy was removed not the voice not the eyes the word "derpy" also rainbowdashed attitude.

now i was someone who was heavly bullied for having a lazy eye i do not want other kids being called derpy (retard) for having a lazy eye that is the main reason why im against this idea along with the fact it would kill MLP FIM

now start look at the long term effect of somthing like a derpy episode before you go around say "this should happen and heres why" because face the fact this isnt about bronies are not the key audeance and never will be.

well the point of my last post was you said "Nobody here said she was mentally handicapped," which mean not one person

on this thread mentioned she was mentaly handicaped. Mana Whooves quote i show was proff the what you said was a lie because you quated that post yourself so you were awear of it.

for derpy to be mentaly handycaped that would have to have been something the mlp team wanted to acheve, people were offended because little kids were watching this and it would likely result in them calling other kids who have lazy eyes derpy which still means retard you cant change that, thats why derpy was removed not the voice not the eyes the word "derpy" also rainbowdashed attitude.

now i was someone who was heavly bullied for having a lazy eye i do not want other kids being called derpy (retard) for having a lazy eye that is the main reason why im against this idea along with the fact it would kill MLP FIM

now start look at the long term effect of somthing like a derpy episode before you go around say "this should happen and heres why" because face the fact this isnt about bronies are not the key audeance and never will be.

You have your opinion and i have mine, and the taget audeince is about 6-12 and i would hope that this generation woyld have the common sense not to call someone a name. I get why you are against it, but im sure it would not kill MLP and if people take it that seriously to quit watching it then they shouldn't be allowed to interact with the public, i mean making tha big of a fuss about a childrens show really isn;t socially appealing, you can care about the show but to a HEALTHY point.

This was just a brainstorm to start with, not "Hey guys we need to send the to Hasbro and make it happen", it was just a fun little discussion about Derpy.

As much as I love Derpy, and I literally mean love her, she should not have her own full episode. Her spotlight is being awesome in the background. Maybe if she was given a bigger part in an episode, but not the main character.

Even though Derpy is my favorite pony, I think that an episode entirely about her would take away what makes her special to us. Maybe just have her play an important part in the episode though. Like for example, she could help the Mane 6 fix a problem in Ponyville that no one else knows how to solve and then Twilight could write a letter about how even the ponies that are a bit off have something to offer to the world and their friends.

As much as I love Derpy, and I literally mean love her, she should not have her own full episode. Her spotlight is being awesome in the background. Maybe if she was given a bigger part in an episode, but not the main character.

i suppose your right but if she does get an apperence i would like to know a bit more about her and maybe Hasbro can finally find a place for her.

You have your opinion and i have mine, and the taget audeince is about 6-12 and i would hope that this generation woyld have the common sense not to call someone a name. I get why you are against it, but im sure it would not kill MLP and if people take it that seriously to quit watching it then they shouldn't be allowed to interact with the public, i mean making tha big of a fuss about a childrens show really isn;t socially appealing, you can care about the show but to a HEALTHY point.

This was just a brainstorm to start with, not "Hey guys we need to send the to Hasbro and make it happen", it was just a fun little discussion about Derpy.

did you rely just use 6-12 and common sense in the same sentence, and by kill MLP here is my logic behind that, if you move a charactor right from being in the back ground to give them there own episode to appese bronies you eliminate most of the target audiance for the show, and by adding derpy a pony that has already been the center of many contriversies as the main charactor for said episode your spark the the same controversy and thensome (unless the name the charactor Ditzy Doo which is the only way they'll rely be able to do it).

just settle for derpy's wave during the harthwarming eve episode, the fact she has been in every episode and is now even in the intro and be happy we have derpy all over youtube weo dont need her to have her own episode because we can make a derpy episode and it would be done right.

now im off to bed because its 12:47 am

i suppose your right but if she does get an apperence i would like to know a bit more about her and maybe Hasbro can finally find a place for her.

Yea, it could give some of her history, talk about her family, how her eyes got like that (born that way or developed later), and give her a fully canon personality. I'd totally watch it.

Yea, it could give some of her history, talk about her family, how her eyes got like that (born that way or developed later), and give her a fully canon personality. I'd totally watch it.

I would love it, though some people (looks at soccermoms and various bronys esspically PonyEcho) would complain and then Hasbro will have to go through a lot of touble. I just hope they do the episode and add a disclaimer at the start of it saying their good intentions.

I would love it, though some people (looks at soccermoms and various bronys esspically PonyEcho) would complain and then Hasbro will have to go through a lot of touble. I just hope they do the episode and add a disclaimer at the start of it saying their good intentions.

I dont see them doing it for the same reason that Mr. Echo gave. And Hasbro wouldn't put themselves in that situation again either, its too risky for business. I would love to have even a small episode with her having talking parts, but like Echo also stated, Ditzy Doo (who is the exact same pony as Derpy in my head, just without the eyes) is the only way that would happen, sadly. That and also like he said, bronies are not who they are aiming at. They can give some shout outs to us, but they are not going to change their target audience to mostly men over 13.

And disclaimer or not, oversensitive people will still react the exact same way. They don't like it, so they do what they can to get rid of it or change it, whether they believe it will be for the better or not. Heck, it doesn't even have to be someone who feels offended by her, it could just be a hater doing anything to mess with us.

But, yes, it would be freaking amazing if they took the chance and did it, though, I really fear that it would probably get FIM taken off the air. So its better if they didn't.

Giving her some small roles in episodes every once in awhile would be a great idea, it would make the brony fandom happy, but it wouldn't be going too far. Having her episode would be just to please the bronies, is going a little too far. I don't like the idea of them straying off their usual ideas just so they may please just us.

Giving her some small roles in episodes every once in awhile would be a great idea, it would make the brony fandom happy, but it wouldn't be going too far. Having her episode would be just to please the bronies, is going a little too far. I don't like the idea of them straying off their usual ideas just so they may please just us.

yeah, i relise that a full episode wont work but every so often we get to see her and learn a bit for about her, then maybe at the end of season 3 we can piece it all together and we will finally know more about Derpy!

(edited)
NO. Ditzy 'Derpy Hooves' Doo, Vinyl 'DJ Pon3' Scratch, Lyra Heartstrings, Bon-Bon, and any other background pony is, and should stay, just that, a background pony. It its where they belong and where they should stay. Let the fanfic writers tell their stories. Edited by Page Turner

I wanted to say "No, Derpy is not mentally handicapped," but I don't actually have anything to back that statement up. Derpy doesn't really have much of a character besides being clumsy (as we've seen from more than one episode).

Still, I agree with your for the most part. Derpy was certainly not intended to be a depiction of a handicapped being. There were just a small collection of people that believed otherwise. As my previous post stated, the show has a prime opportunity to not only teach that being handicapped isn't as bad as it might seem, but to give Derpy an actual character as well as a shot within the show canon.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wanted to say "No, Derpy is not mentally handicapped," but I don't actually have anything to back that statement up. Derpy doesn't really have much of a character besides being clumsy (as we've seen from more than one episode).

Still, I agree with your for the most part. Derpy was certainly not intended to be a depiction of a handicapped being. There were just a small collection of people that believed otherwise. As my previous post stated, the show has a prime opportunity to not only teach that being handicapped isn't as bad as it might seem, but to give Derpy an actual character as well as a shot within the show canon.

You haven't failed to impress me, yet another ingenous post. Too bad i can't bro hoof you, the website is having an error storing my reputation vote.

Edited by JayFeather~

Apparently putting her in the showlight is one of those things we can't handle. If the best that will come from it is just more bitching and moaning, it would be best if things are left as is.

good point however, this is still a kids show and i don't they would rely care about such a message, you need to remeber the love and tolorence isn't something the show has ever tryed to point out its somthing the bronie comunity had aopted to cope with haters.

also if this episode was to happen do your rely think they would call her derpy in the episode or have to original voice actor, hell do rely thing they would go out of there way to make her mentaly challanged so it canon so they can get the massasge across.

here is the reality if this ever happens, that bronies rely need to let into that crainium of theres. she would be named Ditzy Do she would have the second voice her eye would most likly be fixed and this would now become canon. and the fans would rage and cry about how hasbro defiled our presious derpy when in truth we would be to blame.

good point however, this is still a kids show and i don't they would rely care about such a message, you need to remeber the love and tolorence isn't something the show has ever tryed to point out its somthing the bronie comunity had aopted to cope with haters.

also if this episode was to happen do your rely think they would call her derpy in the episode or have to original voice actor, hell do rely thing they would go out of there way to make her mentaly challanged so it canon so they can get the massasge across.

here is the reality if this ever happens, that bronies rely need to let into that crainium of theres. she would be named Ditzy Do she would have the second voice her eye would most likly be fixed and this would now become canon. and the fans would rage and cry about how hasbro defiled our presious derpy when in truth we would be to blame.

*sigh* I fear you're right. Derpy is an internet fan name given due to her so closely matching the definition of the word 'derp'. The only people they would appease by using that name is the internet fans, which, numerous as they may be, aren't their actual target audience.

Still, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. They can call her Ditzy Doo all they want, and she'll still be named Derpy in my mind. And she always WILL be derpy (which is primarily because her eyes don't look at the same thing).

I still think my previous idea is the best shot Derpy has of being officially saved. That said, it's a risk. Companies tend not to take those. So I'm not holding my breath.

*sigh* I fear you're right. Derpy is an internet fan name given due to her so closely matching the definition of the word 'derp'. The only people they would appease by using that name is the internet fans, which, numerous as they may be, aren't their actual target audience.

Still, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. They can call her Ditzy Doo all they want, and she'll still be named Derpy in my mind. And she always WILL be derpy (which is primarily because her eyes don't look at the same thing).

I still think my previous idea is the best shot Derpy has of being officially saved. That said, it's a risk. Companies tend not to take those. So I'm not holding my breath.

actually I have a great idea, we should let them do there job. leave the professionals (the fans who can make good animation) to handle derpy because thats the best bet

I want but i don't think Hasbro give green light at studio b

we will gonna see derpy as a blackground character doing funny stuff but nothing more, unfortunately... one of the more sad think about the show an the whole franchise is it be created for little girls, this give a large amount of restrictions to the writers

(edited)

While initially a Derpy episode sounds amazing (especially to me!), I have to say that, with a 13-episode season, I'd probably prefer to see Derpy simply play a larger role in an episode or the season (which is also probably a more realistic hope as well). Here's hoping Derpy gets to talk again next season!!!!!!! :D

P.S. I like the following idea... a lot!!!

There's actually a lot of potential in Derpy Hooves.

Seeing as how she's now essentially a depiction of a mentally handicapped person, were she to be shown in a good light, it could be used as a lesson that even Derpy can be useful in some way. For example, perhaps Derpy is actually quite strong and ends up able to help Applejack with apple harvesting.

I can see the letter now. "Dear Princess Celestia: Today I learned that everypony, no matter how silly they may seem, always has a place somewhere. It's just a matter of finding out where that place is."

Posted Image

Edited by Batbrony