Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like Derpy Whooves to have her own episode?

CommadorTheCyborgPony

Would you like an episode with derpy as its main charecter?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have derpy have her own episode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have her play another role, but not whole episode

I know everybody loves her... here's the question should she get her own episode?

Yes, No, or Unsure?

I like Derpy Hooves... I'm not going to say if she get her own episode... only you guys vote wink.png

Edited by GRD84

I love Derpy, but I am not sure I would want her to be a focus. I'm already iffy about the potential Vinyl Scratch song in Season 4. It's really a matter of whether you want the fans in charge of her or Hasbro. I'm not sure.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe there is a thread asking the exact same question somewhere.

But anyway: I don't care. Personally, I dislike Derpy, a lot. But I know there are many people who love her, so for them, having Derpy featured in her own episode would be like receiving $1 000 000.

She should definitely get her own episode. If she had her own episode, there could be a lesson about accepting your differences and your uniqueness, not treating somebody different because they're, well, different (theres a similar lesson in an episode already though so maybe the first one), etc. The negative side would be the people complaining about how its "offensive" but the ratings would go up and most people would be happy. :)

• Brohoof 4

I'm for it.  Now i'm not saying they won't screw it up.

in all likely hood they will.

I want derpy to step out of the back ground.  badly.  she's included more in the episode.

• Brohoof 1

Naaa all it would be is a community focused episode the episode would just be about her and muffins. I really don't want the bronies too start running the show.

I don't want episodes to not happen cause people are scared of bronies having any power.

Christ i would take a derpy episode that had nothing to do with broniey ideas if i had to.

If you ask me I don't think Derpy should have her own episode. One, only people who are bronies well know who Derpy is and it would just be odd to start with an episode, with a character only some people know about.

Now, I would be fine if Derpy was helping 1 of the mane 6, but no only Derpy episode.

• Brohoof 1

I think derpy's original voice didn't sound retarded at all. I worse i'd have called it a speech impediment but that's about it. I also have a some what lazy eye as well.

If Derpy did get an episode, I'd love it to wind up as many soccor-moms as possible. Them wanting her taken out of the show is basically saying we should hide people with disabilities away so they don't 'offend' our sight.

I think derpy's original voice didn't sound retarded at all. I worse i'd have called it a speech impediment but that's about it. I also have a some what lazy eye as well.

If Derpy did get an episode, I'd love it to wind up as many soccor-moms as possible. Them wanting her taken out of the show is basically saying we should hide people with disabilities away so they don't 'offend' our sight.

It wasn't soccer moms. It was iTunes. Blame Apple for the loss of Derpy, not Hasbro or any random soccer moms. iTunes was afraid of the somewhat kinda possible possibility that they could get negative feedback.

As much as I liked Derpy, I don't think she should have an episode. Personally I think if the writers start getting ideas from the community, it won't be funny. It started to get a bit like that in Season 3, when Pinkie Pie was a bit too erratic and crazy, compared to the other 2 seasons. 

After what happened anyway, I doubt she'll get an episode now. Or any screen time.

• Brohoof 1

I like Derpy but getting her own episode? I don't think she should, but I do think she could become a more supporting character in a future episode. Maybe to help cheer on a few of her friends at the Equestrian Games. That's all that's needed from her.

If derpy were to get an episode, i think they'd have to play it like the did in Games Ponies Play where we see what they did in one episode then see what spike did in another. They could do the same thing. Only it would be Derpy not Spike.

I like Derpy but getting her own episode? I don't think she should, but I do think she could become a more supporting character in a future episode. Maybe to help cheer on a few of her friends at the Equestrian Games. That's all that's needed from her.

Just in the crowd or derpy as a possible big sister role?

I mean derpy becoming a positive influence on the show instead of just cheep laughs,

would be worth it's wait in positive pr.

Just in the crowd or derpy as a possible big sister role?

I mean derpy becoming a positive influence on the show instead of just cheep laughs,

would be worth it's wait in positive pr.

She doesn't need to be in the crowd. Heck she could be one of those ponies that are just around any of the Mane 6 at a given point and talk.

I dislike her heavily, but even if I disregarded my personal preference, I say she should not get an episode.

She's Derpy for what she is right now. Any episode created with her would change the current depiction due to setting up a certain 'canon'. She'd lose her uniqueness and, most probably, become simply yet another of many background ponies. I have no idea why is she so popular, but I believe having own episode would be working against her rather then towards.

Plus, there would still need to exist a focus on one of main characters, let's not forget that.

I dislike her heavily, but even if I disregarded my personal preference, I say she should not get an episode.

She's Derpy for what she is right now. Any episode created with her would change the current depiction due to setting up a certain 'canon'. She'd lose her uniqueness and, most probably, become simply yet another of many background ponies. I have no idea why is she so popular, but I believe having own episode would be working against her rather then towards.

Plus, there would still need to exist a focus on one of main characters, let's not forget that.

Oh yeah?

041-WhatToDo.jpg

Her focus with one of the main characters. 

And as pinkie said (if you need canon) "Pinkie knows every pony."

Fans are prepared to see the things they love rise or fall.

That whole unique ness thing sounds like a polite way of "yeah no."

kinda like a parent telling you,

"well sweetie if we get a pet it'll make me having you less special.

In that case I think it would be great to have a scene between Pinkie and Derpy it any of others and provide some lighthearted comedy before anything really happens..

All in all though I think there shouldn't be a Derpy focused episode. Namely because if one Background pony gets an episode then the rest of them need focused on episodes. That would take away focus on the Mane 6 for too long.

I don't know...  It's hard to say.  It would be a vastly different episode, that's all I can say for certain.  Up to this point, every episode has focused on one of three groups of characters: the Mane Six, Cutie Mark Crusaders, or Spike (because he now counts as a group I guess...).  It would be odd and even unsettling for it to change that at this point.

Personally, I prefer the background ponies as only easter eggs for the time being.  I feel that anything more than Derpy's role in The Last Roundup would be a distraction from the actual main characters.  Then again, I might just be resisting change.

Edited by ~Lawful Smurf~

In that case I think it would be great to have a scene between Pinkie and Derpy it any of others and provide some lighthearted comedy before anything really happens..

All in all though I think there shouldn't be a Derpy focused episode. Namely because if one Background pony gets an episode then the rest of them need focused on episodes. That would take away focus on the Mane 6 for too long.

I get what you mean,

but i think most people would end up calling it a derpy episode despite her sucking up only about 1/3 of the episode.

but yeah your totally right she doesn't have to be in the whole episode.

Hell luna isn't in the whole episode of luna eclipsed if you wanna be technical about it.

Having the characters that play a background role get their own episodes would be odd. It'd be more of a thing that fans would do, rather than Hasbro. I wouldn't expect her to get her own episode; it would be interesting, however.

I get what you mean,

but i think most people would end up calling it a derpy episode despite her sucking up only about 1/3 of the episode.

but yeah your totally right she doesn't have to be in the whole episode.

Hell luna isn't in the whole episode of luna eclipsed if you wanna be technical about it.

Yeah but the thing is I wouldn't mind the background ponies getting thier share of lines from time to time. Maybe as much interaction Derpy and Rainbow Dash had in the Last Roundup because I thought it was perfect example on how a main character should interact with a background pony. As long as it doesn't detour with the main character development I'm fine with it.

Also I'm finding it weird that most people who voted yes aren't really supporting themselves.

With the derp that happened last time, I'm quite unsure. Some derps will eventually rage because she came back again, and derp everything again. To avoid all these derps, we shouldn't give her a full episode. maybe just another appearance. (Ex: How she got her cutie mark)

I think maybe she should get her own episode... just once and to see how it goes. Because, I think she becoming some sort of a breakout character. And she's one of them. Maybe someday she can be on the breakout characters list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breakout_characters

If there was an episode about her.. maybe it should be kind of a story based from the MLP 80's special: Escape from Catrina (Or Katrina).. remember that special? When this character name Sundance (Not comparing to Derpy) always mess things up and the pony characters got upset with her... Maybe it should be a episode when Derpy always mess things up and the pony characters, including Rainbow Dash got very upset with her and hoping for her to never show up again. And Derpy got depress and decide to run away.. and the major characters like Twilight are mad at Rainbow Dash for yelling at Derpy.. and they decide to search for her. But, I think Derpy will have some encouragement in her during the end.. and she can be very courage, funny, and appearing for the disabilitie viewers that shows that some disability acts can show their self quite encouragement.  And Derpy will might be a breakout character.

That's what I think... what about you guys? :-)

Edited by GRD84