Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like Derpy Whooves to have her own episode?

CommadorTheCyborgPony

Would you like an episode with derpy as its main charecter?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have derpy have her own episode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have her play another role, but not whole episode

Yeah but the thing is I wouldn't mind the background ponies getting thier share of lines from time to time. Maybe as much interaction Derpy and Rainbow Dash had in the Last Roundup because I thought it was perfect example on how a main character should interact with a background pony. As long as it doesn't detour with the main character development I'm fine with it.

Also I'm finding it weird that most people who voted yes aren't really supporting themselves.

Dev elopement?

Rainbow dash has peaked.  She's a freak in thunder bolt.

Twilight sparkle has become celestial best student.

Apple jack long sense defeated all her flaws.

which leaves us with rarity getting super canterlot dress shop,

and flutter shy and pinkie seem to be living their ideal life as is.

I'm not saying twilight, and apple jack aren't gonna stumble,

or pinkie, or flutter shy.

but i'm not sure I could call it development at this point so much as up keep.

Will the episodes be fun?  Sure?

will new things happen and you might see the character react differently,

but i'm not sure it'll be because they developed, only because we're seeing them in new situations.

the expectations of their actions (minus certain writers) isn't gonna be all that different.

Derpy has always been a background pony, and I think much of her charm and likability is from being able to spot her in the background of any given episode. If all of a sudden she became any more major of a character, it would be harder to appreciate her as the fun Easter egg that she is. I don't mind if she receives very minor speaking roles in the future ala The Last Roundup, but I don't really think an entire episode focused on her is necessary.

I don't think having a background pony as a main focus in her own episode, wouldn't be such a good idea. She is already popular to begin with, she doesn't need more popularity or Derpy will be classified as overrated.

I don't think having a background pony as a main focus in her own episode, wouldn't be such a good idea. She is already popular to begin with, she doesn't need more popularity or Derpy will be classified as overrated.

What the hell does need have to do with it?

Under that logic the cutie mark crusaders never need to have an episode about them LOL,

as you put it, their already popular enough as is.

they never technically had to be a focal point.

you could probably make all the same points with the cmc with half the screen time.

Only it wouldn't be as fun.

And that's what it boils down to.

Could having derpy getting a bigger spot light be, fun.

Of course it could.  it could also blow,

just like anything on the show,

if done right or wrong.

@@GRD84,

Hi there, we actually already have a thread for a potential episode for Derpy. As such, I've combined yours with the preexisting one.

In the future, please consult the search function before creating a new topic. Thanks. smile.png

Anyway, here's my old post:

I think maybe she should get her own episode... just once and to see how it goes. Because, I think she becoming some sort of a breakout character. And she's one of them. Maybe someday she can be on the breakout characters list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_breakout_characters

If there was an episode about her.. maybe it should be kind of a story based from the MLP 80's special: Escape from Catrina (Or Katrina).. remember that special? When this character name Sundance (Not comparing to Derpy) always mess things up and the pony characters got upset with her... Maybe it should be a episode when Derpy always mess things up and the pony characters, including Rainbow Dash got very upset with her and hoping for her to never show up again. And Derpy got depress and decide to run away.. and the major characters like Twilight are mad at Rainbow Dash for yelling at Derpy.. and they decide to search for her. But, I think Derpy will have some encouragement in her during the end.. and she can be very courage, funny, and appearing for the disabilitie viewers that shows that some disability acts can show their self quite encouragement. And Derpy will might be a breakout character.

That's what I think... what do you guys think about that? :-)

What the hell does need have to do with it?

Under that logic the cutie mark crusaders never need to have an episode about them LOL,

as you put it, their already popular enough as is.

they never technically had to be a focal point.

you could probably make all the same points with the cmc with half the screen time.

Only it wouldn't be as fun.

And that's what it boils down to.

Could having derpy getting a bigger spot light be, fun.

Of course it could.  it could also blow,

just like anything on the show,

if done right or wrong.

I'm not saying that ''need'' has anything to do with anything, so don't assume that. Secondly, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are more important than Derpy since Derpy is only in the background like an Easter egg.

I'm not saying that ''need'' has anything to do with anything, so don't assume that. Secondly, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are more important than Derpy since Derpy is only in the background like an Easter egg.

Oh yeah?  I thought the cmc was desert with dinner.  Nice but not necessary.

Lets explore that theory.

Why are they more important?  Their clearly more developed., again cause they got the screen time.  But why are they important? 

Scootaloo hasn't taught rainbow dash anything.  I mean she likely will if they keep that big sister thing going, but she hasn't.

Sweetie bell has taught rarity what?  That sisters are pain in the ass but they love you?  I liked that sister episode she had with rarity but i'd be darned how sweetie bell has made rarity develop as a character.  Rarity i think would have just as easily gotten dirty for a friend in real need as she would have for sweetie bell given the right circumstance.

And apple bloom has taught Apple jack what?  I mean there's the bridal gossip episode, but even if you count this as apple blooms magnum opus (I do ^^) she did that.  She alone knew better than the whole damn cast,  Apple bloom was wiser than twilight sparkle for a whole of 22 mins. and when you realize that it's kind glorious. 

So let me hit you with this.  Why couldn't derpy have been in apple bloom's role?

Derpy

"I really understand what it's like to catch hay for being different."

It could worked.

It could been this deep moment where the so called dumbest horse is the enlightened one.

Not that i dislike apple bloom in her role,

but the only thing separating the two in importance is the chance to be important.

If luna eclipsed came before bridal gossip Luna could shown up at the end to chew out the main 6 about riding out to integate zecora.

Oh yeah?  I thought the cmc was desert with dinner.  Nice but not necessary.

Lets explore that theory.

Why are they more important?  Their clearly more developed., again cause they got the screen time.  But why are they important? 

Scootaloo hasn't taught rainbow dash anything.  I mean she likely will if they keep that big sister thing going, but she hasn't.

Sweetie bell has taught rarity what?  That sisters are pain in the ass but they love you?  I liked that sister episode she had with rarity but i'd be darned how sweetie bell has made rarity develop as a character.  Rarity i think would have just as easily gotten dirty for a friend in real need as she would have for sweetie bell given the right circumstance.

And apple bloom has taught Apple jack what?  I mean there's the bridal gossip episode, but even if you count this as apple blooms magnum opus (I do ^^) she did that.  She alone knew better than the whole damn cast,  Apple bloom was wiser than twilight sparkle for a whole of 22 mins. and when you realize that it's kind glorious. 

So let me hit you with this.  Why couldn't derpy have been in apple bloom's role?

Derpy

"I really understand what it's like to catch hay for being different."

It could worked.

It could been this deep moment where the so called dumbest horse is the enlightened one.

Not that i dislike apple bloom in her role,

but the only thing separating the two in importance is the chance to be important.

If luna eclipsed came before bridal gossip Luna could shown up at the end to chew out the main 6 about riding out to integate zecora.

I believe that they are more important, because of their roles individually. We will see what the writers will do, in terms of giving more character development for the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I believe that they are more important, because of their roles individually. We will see what the writers will do, in terms of giving more character development for the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

Their important because their fun.

I mean technically speaking apple bloom is right up there with her sister.  (and yes I am ignoring the elements of harmony which have never really developed anything other than Dues ex machina).

Their important because their fun.

I mean technically speaking apple bloom is right up there with her sister.  (and yes I am ignoring the elements of harmony which have never really developed anything other than Dues ex machina).

Being fun does not make you important, what makes something/someone important is what they do and how they do it. But as for a character, it deals with their personality and how they develop more so that we would want to know more about them.

Being fun does not make you important, what makes something/someone important is what they do and how they do it. But as for a character, it deals with their personality and how they develop more so that we would want to know more about them.

Okay, tell me why their important ^^.  I kinda broke down above why they weren't with the acceptation of apple bloom.

Again i'm not being mean,   I LOVE THE CMC TO DEATH.  I can bring myself to say i'm a broney because of the cmc.'

But on the show why are they important?

I agree Hasbro may want to avoid the shock she caused, Derpy would make a cute side ~roll in an episode, her personality seems quirky,would be nice to see her personality  develop

Okay, tell me why their important ^^.  I kinda broke down above why they weren't with the acceptation of apple bloom.

Again i'm not being mean,   I LOVE THE CMC TO DEATH.  I can bring myself to say i'm a broney because of the cmc.'

But on the show why are they important?

They are important, because they still have a long way to go when it comes to getting their cutie marks. While, Derpy is just a background pony.