Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like Derpy Whooves to have her own episode?

CommadorTheCyborgPony

Would you like an episode with derpy as its main charecter?  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have derpy have her own episode?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have her play another role, but not whole episode

The show is about the mane 6 and sometimes the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I'm sorry, but unless Derpy somehow gets an element of harmony, looses her cutie mark and needs to get another one, or by some miracle helps the main characters learn a lesson in a big way like all the more interesting new characters that get introduced for that, there's no way Derpy or any other background character will get an episode because the show is NOT about them. :huh:

Mana here has come up with a great idea on how we can implement derpy, and then we could see her ever other episode!

There's actually a lot of potential in Derpy Hooves.

Seeing as how she's now essentially a depiction of a mentally handicapped person, were she to be shown in a good light, it could be used as a lesson that even Derpy can be useful in some way. For example, perhaps Derpy is actually quite strong and ends up able to help Applejack with apple harvesting.

I can see the letter now. "Dear Princess Celestia: Today I learned that everypony, no matter how silly they may seem, always has a place somewhere. It's just a matter of finding out where that place is."

To be honest with everypony I don't love Derpy that much and I have no idea why a lot of ponies like her, she might be cute and all but she's not in my list of favourites.

I hope I didn't offend the Derpy fans.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest with everypony I don't love Derpy that much and I have no idea why a lot of ponies like her, she might be cute and all but she's not in my list of favourites.

Love and Tolerate, thats the rule and im sticking by it. I think that the fact that derpy is a klutz and is different from every pony is why Bronys have come to love her.

As Mana Hooves said, depry is full of potential, she stands out and juding from her role in The Last Roundup she is a part of ponyvill and probably needs to find a job.

shes the mail mare of ponyville she already has a job also if derpy had a episode who would the voice be, hell thay would call her ditzy do in the episode and that would now be canon (than i would have to hunt you down,HUNT YOU DOWN!!!)

only has potential i as the wares waldo of MLP thats her role if you change that you change derpy compleatly and you've would kill a loved charactor.

besides we have talented animators in the fandom that could and have made great things with derpy hooves apart from one animator (who will not be named) who likes killing and beating up derpy

we dont need to tell the MLP team what to do because we dont even know what the fuck were talking about.

and news flash people derpy was offensive in the last round up well more Rainbowdash's attatitude was.

shes the mail mare of ponyville she already has a job also if derpy had a episode who would the voice be, hell thay would call her ditzy do in the episode and that would now be canon (than i would have to hunt you down,HUNT YOU DOWN!!!)

only has potential i as the wares waldo of MLP thats her role if you change that you change derpy compleatly and you've would kill a loved charactor.

besides we have talented animators in the fandom that could and have made great things with derpy hooves apart from one animator (who will not be named) who likes killing and beating up derpy

we dont need to tell the MLP team what to do because we dont even know what the fuck were talking about.

and news flash people derpy was offensive in the last round up well more Rainbowdash's attatitude was.

Sigh... thats your opinion and im going to Tolerate it, but who said im trying to order the MLP team around, if i was i would have sent an email, and i doubt mine would be the first one. This animator likes killing derpy, hmmmmm, i dont suppose you cant tell me his name?

Althouhg I will love for derpy to have her own episode, it isn't gonna happen. All the stupid ass soccer moms say derpy is a negative stereotype on the mentally handicapped. Most notably with the name derpy. They believe that derp is a negative take on those mentally impaired, while it actually means a clumsy move. Like what derpy does. Plus, she has a lazy eye, which is attributed to mentally handicapped. So, she won't get an episode. It is sad, I know, but, that is the case. :(

(edited)

I would rather like have some other background ponies playing a bigger part in an episode.

The only way I would want more Derpy is if they give her a personality besides being clumsy. Slapstick alone gets boring soon and in most of the fanart Derpy gets portrayed as completely stupid/mentally handicapped which got old soon and made me dislike the character a bit

To be honest something I really dislike about the community is the overusing of jokes. Whenever I see Derpy acting totally stupid, a Scootaloo chicken joke, and to a certain extend Pinkie breaking the fourth wall/Lyra human jokes it makes me roll my eyes and think "Oh, it's this again"

Edited by Wildcard
  • Brohoof 1

shes the mail mare of ponyville

Not really. The last time we ever really knew of her job it was in "Feeling Pinkie Keen" where she was revealed to have accidentally dropped all those goods on Twilight. That was better interpreted as a moving van than ordinary mail, and who knows, she may have gotten fired for her mishap at that point, because that role has never appeared again.

Bronies have a tendency to have some internet background where "derp" and its resulting word "derpy" has taken on a hilarious meaning of its own. The mere fact that said meaning is even remotely acknowledge in what is, at the end of the day, a show designed for children, is that much more hilarious.

I approve of anything Derpy-related! :wub:

Objectively, things could go either way. If Derpy does indeed wind up with her own episode, then it'll probably be one about finding acceptance despite being different, which is a pretty significant concept for the series to tackle, but if she ends up without an episode, but with a more elaborate role than just a pony for fans to look for in odd places, then it could still be considered a small victory, and it'd be a nice way to bury the original derpy controversy, not to mention mend Hasbro's image to fans, which can only make things better for everyone.

• Brohoof 2

Althouhg I will love for derpy to have her own episode, it isn't gonna happen. All the stupid ass soccer moms say derpy is a negative stereotype on the mentally handicapped. Most notably with the name derpy. They believe that derp is a negative take on those mentally impaired, while it actually means a clumsy move. Like what derpy does. Plus, she has a lazy eye, which is attributed to mentally handicapped. So, she won't get an episode. It is sad, I know, but, that is the case. :(

Probably true, but if they do maybe to prevent the stupid ass soccermoms complaining just at the start of the episode they can state their good intentions, i mean its simple as that, and i cant bekive they say a lazy eye is assoacted with mental disablitys, by the way i have to go.

Maybe there should be an episode where Derpy plays a significant part, but not a whole episode for her. I just worry that it's going to be done badly an will only serve to satisfy the fanbase's obsession with her.

That is the best idea in the whole wide world, errm, um I mean forums, yes, forums, not world... It's a super great idea, anyhow.

If they did give us an episode with the Derpy we love, the same parents that flipped out when Derpy talked would be all over it and eventually force them to change it.

I would agree there was over-reaction to Derpy. Maybe if she remains as we know and love but give her more of a backstory that she would be accepted by all. Just because someone is call something it shouldn't be rejected instantly, If they keep the voice and name but show how Derpy is helpful to the community of ponyville than maybe less negative reaction would happen to a acceptable level.

I approve of anything Derpy-related! :wub:

Objectively, things could go either way. If Derpy does indeed wind up with her own episode, then it'll probably be one about finding acceptance despite being different, which is a pretty significant concept for the series to tackle, but if she ends up without an episode, but with a more elaborate role than just a pony for fans to look for in odd places, then it could still be considered a small victory, and it'd be a nice way to bury the original derpy controversy, not to mention mend Hasbro's image to fans, which can only make things better for everyone.

YESH, I brohoof that, we just need some ground for derpy. She must have some friends in ponyville if she still around. maybe find out what she really made of. She isn't a mistake, just misunderstood from what been established.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sigh... thats your opinion and im going to Tolerate it, but who said im trying to order the MLP team around, if i was i would have sent an email, and i doubt mine would be the first one. This animator likes killing derpy, hmmmmm, i dont suppose you cant tell me his name?

yeah they could do that but it doesnt change the fact, derpy is another word for retard you thing soccer mom are only to blame, well here is you ignorency badge because i complained to (come at me bro)

also you may not be pitching this idea to but alot of other bronies are it why we have all this speculation about a Ditzy Do episode

also as for this animator watch 'starwars re-enacted by ponies

now if you dont mind ima gona sharpen my fire axe

Edited by PonyEcho

I would agree there was over-reaction to Derpy. Maybe if she remains as we know and love but give her more of a backstory that she would be accepted by all. Just because someone is call something it shouldn't be rejected instantly, If they keep the voice and name but show how Derpy is helpful to the community of ponyville than maybe less negative reaction would happen to a acceptable level.

YESH, I brohoof that, we just need some ground for derpy. She must have some friends in ponyville if she still around. maybe find out what she really made of. She isn't a mistake, just misunderstood from what been established.

ALL OF MY AGREEMENT.

Randomly sticking Derpy into backgrounds and taking her voice away isn't a very tolerant way to resolve things, and isn't tolerance supposed to be one of the main things to learn from a show like Friendship is Magic?

Demand derpy justice 2012!

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'd like to see more of the BG ponies in general. Perhaps if they interacted with the mane 6 once in a while, I'd be content. But, the ideas for a Derpy episode intrigue me. It sounds like a plan.

At first I though "Who the hell wouldn´t like Derpy episode?" but then when I think about it, I can´t even imagine how it would be. So I think Derpy should stay an Eastern Egg, but something like "MLP FiM: Derpy Hooves special" would be kewl. I mean, not oficial episode, but a special one.

I'm very excited for season 3 as well. I hope they add a lot more insight to some of the unsung characters. I'd be very interested in seeing episodes based specifically on Vinyl Scratch, Derpy Hooves, Lyra and Bon Bon, and I hear even Trixie's going to make another appearance. c:

Wow im gone for an hour and i have recived a lot of replies!

ALL OF MY AGREEMENT.

Randomly sticking Derpy into backgrounds and taking her voice away isn't a very tolerant way to resolve things, and isn't tolerance supposed to be one of the main things to learn from a show like Friendship is Magic?

Demand derpy justice 2012!

I agree with this post and your last post, we need more Derpy in season 3!

YESH, I brohoof that, we just need some ground for derpy. She must have some friends in ponyville if she is still around. maybe find out what she really made of. She isn't a mistake, just misunderstood from what been established.

Yes! Tis be an amazing pony over here! A lot of brony's (including me) feel this way about derpy and i really think most of the charecters need more background, and they could also use Derpy to make a great lesson for the mane6

Derpy should be the star of this show... She's the reason most people watch it

So yes she deserves an episode, but really she deserves her own season

I love derpy and all, but her own season, the way some people respoded because of a 1 minute apperance i would dread to image how they would react to a whole season, how ever it would be nice if derpy got play a role every so often because she had her own episode and they finally found a place for her.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love Derpy, I don't think she deserves her own episode. I loved it when she got her own lines, and it broke my heart when the scene caused the mess it did, ending with the censorship of a scene the creators made to show us their appreciation. Giving her an episode to herself is needless pandering.

yeah they could do that but it doesnt change the fact, derpy is another word for retard you thing soccer mom are only to blame, well here is you The Most Amazing Brony Award because i complained to (come at me bro)

also you may not be pitching this idea to but alot of other bronies are it why we have all this speculation about a Ditzy Do episode

also as for this animator watch 'starwars re-enacted by ponies

now if you dont mind ima gona sharpen my fire axe

I never said ONLY soccermoms but they were the majority, and its kinda hard to love and tolerate you when you give me an ignorancy badge.

Now if you will exuse me im going to go sharpen my Katanas.