Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When do you feel the least like you're wasting your life?

I used to be a stranger

(edited)

Or equivalently, when do you feel the most alive?

These days we run the risk of milling around the universe (or perhaps just our parents' house) without the reassurance by others that we are really progressing ourselves or finding and appreciating one's purpose. But there are those moments in the given day, despite being surrounded by the bombardment of media and drowning in glowing screens and screaming ear-buds, that we truly feel that we are.

We are, as we should be, whatever that form that may take. What form is that to you?

I really feel alive when I'm on a walk to somewhere with an objective, such as Walt's Insurance or that Gelato place where I'm going to meet my friend for 1 o'clock. Or reading something truly engaging that challenges and changes my thinking.

Significance underlies such innocuous things because the Insurance policy means I'm taking another grand step in the perils of international travel coming up for me. Gelato with a friend (in addition to being tasty) means that we can talk, and any real communication with another person means that we affect each other in how we act and do things. Cheers or mourning alike impact what we are, however minute, and I personally refuse to let such things pass by as flippant or meaningless.

And you?

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 3

I don;t really ever feel like that, except the few days when I literally don't do anything. But those are so few and far between that I generally deserve to be able to just fuck around all day. Or at least, I figure I do.

When I do something nice for someone and not expecting anything in return.

+1 for that. That's a great feeling.

Even though it's nothing productive, I love how it feels to drive with my windows down and my music loud.

• Brohoof 4

I feel the least like im wasting my life when I'm actually trying to fulfill my goals, which right now involves training myself daily to the point of exhaustion and studying Japanese and veterinary sciences

Though I have been slacking off and posting on here a lot lately... I should probably stop that.

• Brohoof 2

The only time I feel like I'm not wasting my life is when I'm doing something for the better of the people I love. Bringing them out of a rut, physically or mentally, making them laugh, or being there for them when they cry, that's the only time I feel like I'm actually doing something.

• Brohoof 1

Ummm, yeah I have no idea really. Litteraly I spend every day on the internet pretty much. But most likely it would have to be when I am being productive, such as writing a fanfic or something. Other than writing, I never do anything at all. So yep when I am writing is when I feel like I am actually doing something.

(edited)

That is a rare feeling for me.. I guess when i watch/read/see/experience something genuinely really funny or awesome.. Also being afraid or in danger has the same effect, except it might be hard to enjoy it. A song can give me a really good feeling as well.

One of those "awesome moments" was when i reached page 6009 on homestuck. 13 minutes of my-mind-has-already-blown-so-why-do-you-keep-exploding.

Here, maybe this can give some of you a

In short: Either an adrenaline boost or a burst of laughter can make me feel alive. Thus, in exchange i have no time/need to think if i am wasting my life or not :)

Edited by Jormaz

For me.There is no "Wasting part of your life" There is only progress and succes.Failure leads to success.

"Make mistakes! Just don't repeat them."

The eternal words of the Engineering Prof that taught my Dad, and now he's the Project Manager for one of the biggest builds currently going in Canada.

• Brohoof 2

When I realize I did nothing worthwhile or productive all day. (in other words, I have no idea what I'm doing)

Living on a secluded area has it's perks at times, for example the quiet sun rise and sun set. Just yourself with nature, experiencing something that has gone through the ages. Simply put, the small moments in life.

• Brohoof 1

Ummm, yeah I have no idea really. Litteraly I spend every day on the internet pretty much. But most likely it would have to be when I am being productive, such as writing a fanfic or something. Other than writing, I never do anything at all. So yep when I am writing is when I feel like I am actually doing something.

Errm... yeah... are you sure you aren't me? That's pretty much me.

Hmm, I guess when I go for a nice bike ride and feel alive, and when I'm drawing and completing those types of projects.

Also when i go on walks in nature, that's really nice as well.

Right now, I'd like to get a job. I want to start my career. I'm tired of sitting in a classroom where they're teaching me stuff I should have already learned. I love my friends, but I want to jumpstart everything. Hopefully I can do that with newfound discoveries.

When I am creating a piece of art. I never feel that making art is time wasted, because I tend to go into this sort of strange trance where I MUST complete it no matter how junky or low quality it seems. The mistakes I make, whilst in the process and are frustrating, are things that do not deter me in the slightest and I don't really care about until after I'm done. I just keep going, on and on with a strange sort of determination to complete my goal. I think that's the purest form of myself. Just... no worries, no anxieties, no concerns about wasting time. It's just me and my work. My mind is clear, and completely focused on the task at hand.

I wish I could say that being with my loved ones made me feel more alive, but it tends to make me feel self-conscious and anxious in most scenarios. Sadly, I'm not really good at people yet. However, I do know that being in the grasp of my boyfriend's arms in a quiet moment with just the two of us is another one of those moments where I can forget the world for a moment, forget the fact that he will be leaving soon, and just pretend that we're the only things that matter and exist. Even though I still feel that anxiety with him, I feel a little calmer, more myself, and a great enormity of happiness that I can say lends to truly being alive.

When I'm learning something. Not only for school, but when I'm learning to play flute, when I'm learning to draw... also, when I'm writing songs, when I'm programming, when I'm soldering... Or if I'm just chatting with fellas around here and spreading wuv and tolerance!