Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When do you feel the least like you're wasting your life?

I used to be a stranger

When I'm playing my bassoon or saxophone. Or anything school related to subjects I'm interested in, like music, music history, and Western history.

(edited)

I only do three things: Surf the net, write, and make music. My life is a complete waste by now, of that I am sure.

When my writing or music ends up good, though, I feel like I've actually done something.

Edited by KakeiTheWolf

When going fast. Or doing something dangerous. Preferably both at the same time. :wub:

Afterwards, going very slowly. Or doing something completely safe. Preferably both at the same time.

For me it's whenever I am not sitting around my house... kinda like how I am right now...

But I went on a hiking trip last week, and I gotta say I felt very alive when I got to a mountain top and looked around.

Another time I feel alive is going to any concert

• 4 years later...

Whenever I feel like I'm enjoying life, really. Could be traveling or learning something new or a new game coming out. Whatever I find enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1

When being myself. Peeling off layers, clearing up the path so I can see my being once again. Aware of the effects my integration had within a foreign societal project. When my roots were severed.

This year, a cycle that has been taking place in this genealogy during generations, comes to an end. No more pretending, no more double morals, no more apperance, no more lies, no more abuse of life.

So lost, for many years. To find myself again, come back to nature. Put to rest the elitist portion of my heritage, free them from their psychosis, their obsessions with the money, sex, death.

Nothing is ever wasted, nothing is ever lost.

To be honest, I don't really have an answer to this... I do basically nothing with my life in general.

Though I don't feel like I'm wasting it quite as much when I'm watching more educational YouTube videos.

I feel I'm using my life in a meaningful way when I'm on vacation and away from work, computers, phones or any other distractions. It's just me and my inner child and having access to parts of me that seem dormant the rest of the time. Going on vacation isn't a waste of time or just being idle; it's a way of renewing the body, mind and spirit, and it gives me more benefit than anything else I know. 

Usually I feel I'm using my life to best effect when I'm being creative, but it still doesn't open up my mind like getting out of the day to day routine I'm all too used to and refreshing my mental batteries and creative juices. 

• Brohoof 2

I have always felt extremely fulfilled when it comes to achieving something academics and job-related. I would also say that I feel a deep sense of satisfaction when I feel that I have matured after overcoming a new challenge or obstacle. It makes me confident that I will know how to handle similar situations. :) 

• Brohoof 4

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2012 at 7:04 AM, Blue said:

I really feel alive when I'm on a walk to somewhere with an objective, such as Walt's Insurance or that Gelato place where I'm going to meet my friend for 1 o'clock. Or reading something truly engaging that challenges and changes my thinking.

Significance underlies such innocuous things because the Insurance policy means I'm taking another grand step in the perils of international travel coming up for me. Gelato with a friend (in addition to being tasty) means that we can talk, and any real communication with another person means that we affect each other in how we act and do things. Cheers or mourning alike impact what we are, however minute, and I personally refuse to let such things pass by as flippant or meaningless.

This was amazingly honest and I love the way you put it. You made me realize that I feel the same way when I'm physically moving towards a specific location with a consequential goal in mind.

Other than this, I feel alive when I'm making progress with my new career. It's really gratifying when a client leaves good feedback and thanks me for my work. I love being part of the business which I got hired into recently. When we talk about future goals, I feel a newfound sense of awakening and my resolve to move faster and work harder towards riches and glory intensifies my future goals intensifies.

I think the concept of a "wasted life" is an absurd one, and an inherently human concept (one that is ultimately meaningless). But that's a different discussion entirely.

When I am partaking in photography and film making, I am in my happy place. I suppose that's the closest answer I can give to answer the question.

(edited)

@Lady Kiriness pretty much summed up exactly what i was going to say. She derives satisfaction from the same things i do. I feel like i am on top of the world when i make an academic or career related progression not to mention that when i overcome obstacles it really surges confidence in my self. What Lady Kiriness said 100x YES! 

Edited by DayShadow
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

In my case, buying gundam kits but never opening them, or even building them, so they end up as backlogs. Surfing the net everyday, since I have no job. And also seeing that I'm having a hard time getting a job nowadays. As if I'm losing all hope and don't know what to do....

EDIT: Your stupid, Gunpla! Should've read the title carefully. Great, this looks awkward and stupid in my case.....  x3x

Edited by GunPla_GliMMeR_4

11 hours ago, GunPla_GliMMeR_4 said:

In my case, buying gundam kits but never opening them, or even building them, so they end up as backlogs. Surfing the net everyday, since I have no job. And also seeing that I'm having a hard time getting a job nowadays. As if I'm losing all hope and don't know what to do....

Keep trying to get a job. Failure is not an option. Back in 2013, I filled out 22 applications and I got a call from Wendy's and got an interview. I did good but they didn't hire me. Now, I work in a business.

(edited)

Well it's pretty much when I'm sharing my thoughts and theories on MLP on the forums like now. It's also when I'm posting stuff that's relevant to my dream and that's bringing MLP to this world as a real thing. It also includes things that feel like major life moments like getting hired for my first job or succeeding at something big in my life. :)

Edited by Techno Universal

Delivering an oversize load to some idiotically placed delivery point in Euro Truck 2's Rusmap map mod that I picked up two real hours earlier in Iceland.

Yep, my life boils down to silly stuff in videogames. Don't have much else these days.

Would try trucking as a career cuz it calls to the loner in me, but oh hey I have no depth perception >.<