Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BBBFF: Piano Cover

Derpy Dash

Hiya everypony!

Today I got for ya another piano cover from MLP. This time it's the song BBBFF (Big Brother Best Friend Forever) from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S2E25

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiRvWO3xdk

Played on my Casio CTK-496 MIDI Keyboard, Recorded in Cubase LE, and used CVPiano Modeled VST.

Let me know what you think or what you would like to hear me make a piano cover of in the future!

~Derpy Dash

My other piano covers:

• Brohoof 7

Um, the Smile song? I like that song. Well, other than that, I thought it was ok. I might of told you before, I'm not good at seeing what wrong with a piece unless it's glaringly bad. So, I can't really add anything constructive....

Um, the Smile song? I like that song. Well, other than that, I thought it was ok. I might of told you before, I'm not good at seeing what wrong with a piece unless it's glaringly bad. So, I can't really add anything constructive....

I plan on doing the smile song very soon, probably next. :)

• Brohoof 1

Really nice cover. Though I think it would be a cool idea if you recorded it as a video as well.. :P

I was thinking of doing that, but I would like to keep the quality of my recordings, and I don't know how I would synch up the video and audio, also I would have to play it perfectly twice, and I don't really have anything to record video of me playing with at the moment.

Maybe though, maybe...

Well played, you got some talent, man. Well, "some" is underrated. What about Cutie Mark Crusaders song? I can´t imagine the piano version, but more of challenge, isn´t it? :lol:

Well played, you got some talent, man. Well, "some" is underrated. What about Cutie Mark Crusaders song? I can´t imagine the piano version, but more of challenge, isn´t it? :lol:

Maybe... I plan on trying to do most if not all of the songs from the series, and whatever anypony else wants to hear. :D

Well...

I enjoyed the simplicity of the right hand's like (I think it was the right hand). Considering that's basically how it was in the original :P Your playing was pretty flawless here. The show version didn't really have any variation in dynamic either, so that wasn't an issue ever. I did enjoy how towards the end, the main melody kind of gained complexity. There's not much, if anything, that I can find wrong with this cover.

9/10. :)

• Brohoof 1

I really wish I still had my violin... Because this is a song I would like to play on it, and I don't think it wouldn't be too hard for me either... But oh well... I have bought a harmonica though and I'm going to learn how to play that and when I feel I can play it good, I'll make a cover of this or some other MLP-song... :)

Uh...Can I combine the BBBFF vocals with your piano cover? It might sound beautiful that way....Plus, I love the piano cover! *has a piano*

Sure, go ahead!

Do you want me to send you the mp3 file?

Also, make sure to credit me in whatever you make with it. :)

Sure, go ahead!

Do you want me to send you the mp3 file?

Also, make sure to credit me in whatever you make with it. :)

Don't worry! I already got it! Here's the link to the video! You're really good at the panio! Can I do the same for your other panio covers?

Don't worry! I already got it! Here's the link to the video! You're really good at the panio! Can I do the same for your other panio covers?

The vocals and piano parts are a bit off synch, but other than that, it sounds pretty, good! :)

Feel free to do this with another one of my covers, just let me know what your doing.

Thanks ;)

I would like to say your an inspiration to me. Because you are! Keep up the good work and good choice using Cubase (simpler isn't it?) I always use that as my host.

Yeah, I like to use Cubase for my piano covers, but on my current project, I've been using Reaper and my dad's equipment. While Cubase is good for something simple like piano covers, it really wasn't working too well with something like a full orchestra.

Plus my dad has an actual recording studio with the best software and keyboards, so it sounds a lot better than my MIDI keyboard and free piano VST :D

Well I am setting up my own studio so soon I will have my own equipment but I like Cubase best and I use everything else as slaves. But we all have our preferences don't we. ^_^

Yeah, it's also partially because my computer is a single core and my dad's is a dual core, so his handles it much better.

• 2 weeks later...