Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Being a Brony Changed Your Life? How?

jacibobsthebrony

203 users have voted

1. 1. Has becoming a Brony changed your life?

• Yes
    • No

Heck yeah! It changed what i wear, Look like and who i speak to. I get accepted as a Brony because i am a pretty weird character anyway C: But yeah, It has. And i know it will for alot of other people. My Little Pony is... Oddly inspiring. ^^

It's helped out my life in more ways than I could imagine. I've found something to do in my spare time, MLPFIM has given me a joy that I've never known before. It got me out of depression. I've started to create some cool art pieces and discover AMAZING FAN MUSIC because of MLPFIM. I have a single playlist of around 80 fanmade songs on my phone. I've discovered a community of loving and friendly bronies and pegasisters that don't criticize each other for watching a child's show. For me, Princess Celestia and Luna is real, I ask for small favors, such as for my day to go well, when something just seems hopeless, and the problem is somehow resolved. Hard to explain. I've also found a show I can truly enjoy, have a good laugh and relax. Also it's slowly working its way, but I think I might have done the impossible for me, something I said I would never be able to do. Stop cussing, instead of saying the s word, I say ponyfeathers :lol:

So MLPFIM and becoming a brony has VASTLY improved my life, it's given me something to enjoy in my life, I can watch it and feel good inside, I've made art, discovered talented brony artists and DJ's, and best of all, discovered MLPForums, the best community that I've ever taken part in. I love you guys so much. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

none of my friends care and my parents dont either, my step mom is even making me a plushie :) ive also made a few friends through the show. the most the show has negatively effected me was from spending money on buying pony stuff lol :P

• Brohoof 1

Not really, or at least, not yet.

I'm almost a year into this fandom and I don't feel different. But, this did inspire me to go to my first MLP-Panels at a convention I went to, it was really fun.

The morals and points made in the show would have helped changed people, but not me. For some reason I feel like I follow most of those morals and maybe that's why I don't feel so different about myself.

It's empowered me to only love and tolerate much more! :P

Not really, some people think I'm gay... but then again a lot of people thought I was gay so I guess being a brony doesn't reassure them. Whatever, doesn't really bother me.

• Brohoof 1

I think alot of the time the show is a temporary solution because It's a great way to escape from stress. I'll tell you this though, every time I get into an argument with my friend, or just get mad in general, I remember some of the episodes and try to patch things up. I got to a point where I was going to stop watching the show because I didn't want to talk to her any more, but then I read "My Little Dashie" and for some reason wanted to talk to her again... that turned out for the best because we are both going through some hard times now.

She personally does not want to watch ponies, but she's lets me talk about them so thats cool.

Yes I would like to say it changed my life. For the better at that too, ever since I became a brony I have always been surrounded by nice, caring people. So I yes I would like to say it did...

Hasnt changed my life a ton as my parents dont care that I watch it and almost all my friends are already bronies or just dont care much at all. I suppose if anything has changed in my life it would be I have a better mood then I used to I use to be sort of depressive and now Im more up beat and happy :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, it hasn't brought out any dramatic changes in my life (I was actually quite the happy, optimistic guy before I watched the show) but it has taught me to be more tolerant of others and to just ignore parasprites.

About other people reacting to me being a brony..... well my parents couldn't really care less (not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing) and I live in Greece, so pretty much nobody (nopony? :P) knows about it. They only know that MLP = show for little girls. Thankfully they don't really mind and only one of my friends calls me gay but it's all in good fun, I know he's kidding.

tl;dr: My life was good before MLP and it's even better now. I couldn't be happier. :D

• Brohoof 1

It has for me. I told a few of my friends and now im a laughing stock. They really dislike me. They still talk to me but think im really weired and stay away from me more now. After telling my dad about bronies he said they are all gay little weirdos so I have to be cautious when im watching the show because if he found out he'd go crazy. It has had good effects too though. A friend of my mine who is a girl 14 has recentley become a pegasister and we talk about the show all the time! :)

I'm sorry you have to go through that. It's unfortunate that we sometimes don't get the luxury of being around tolerant, well adjusted people. I think that's why I'd like to motivate more Bronies to become active in Anti-bullying. Hopefully you find strength in the friends that do treat you well, and know that true friends will help you become a better person from your hardship. Sometimes though, it is better to keep things a secret.

• Brohoof 1

becoming a brony has changed my life a lot

before i used to be extreamly judgemental and a major homophobe and i hated all forms of music

becoming a brony, has made be much happier person and im no longer as judging, and now i like music

now sure, some people may think its weird or whatever, but i dont care, ive been called weird my entire life, and i regret nothing

• Brohoof 3

I find myself less judgemental and generally nicer to people. A lot of things that i would ussualy rage about (like people feeding in LoL), i now just let pass and stay quiet. I used to be quite depressed, even had suicidal thoughts (im not emo, just a messed up enviroment).

MLP gave me something to love and enjoy and a community to share that love with, so i would say yes, it absolutely has.

• Brohoof 1

Wow, it's sad hearing all those depressing stories. It looks like a lot of the fanbase used to be depressed or have suicidal tendencies.

I am definitely glad though that all those people have found happiness in something as simple as a cartoon about little ponies. ^^

Wow, it's sad hearing all those depressing stories. It looks like a lot of the fanbase used to be depressed or have suicidal tendencies.

I am definitely glad though that all those people have found happiness in something as simple as a cartoon about little ponies. ^^

Yep. I see a lot of people have had suicidal thought here too. I never did, because i'm Optimistic about everything, but not everyone is the same and its nice to see mlp united us all together and helped :D

(edited)

Well as somebody who's normally extremely aloof, it offered me a large platform to become more known as an artist. I decided that I don't want to be aloof anymore and make stuff that nobody will ever see, so instead, I decided that if I want to start making stuff that people will see, I may as well start off with a common interest that I share with many people. I started a deviantART, and pretty soon a bunch of stuff happened that earned me 13,000 views in three months. It was a pretty good decision.

Edited by Pix3M

When I told my dad, I said that the animations are well done, and that the drawings are nice.

Since I am studying Graphic Design he couldn't say shit, so basically nah, my life hasn't changed one bit. My computer however, has.

• Brohoof 1

Yep. I see a lot of people have had suicidal thought here too. I never did, because i'm Optimistic about everything, but not everyone is the same and its nice to see mlp united us all together and helped :D

That's what I love about this community. This strong sense of closeness and kindness we naturally have towards each other, like we're a family. You don't see that in many communities nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

That's what I love about this community. This strong sense of closeness and kindness we naturally have towards each other, like we're a family. You don't see that in many communities nowadays.

If we had to stick together to survive I'm pretty sure everyone would survive because of our love and tolerance and friendliness

• Brohoof 1

Not really, but I'm really glad I found this amazing community, it is lots of fun to be a part of! And the show just makes me squee with joy! Always a good time!