Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Megan were to show up in FiM, how do you think she would be characterized?

Carolina

(edited)

Okay, kind of a weird question, but hear me out. A lot of bronies have discussed inclusion of various characters from earlier generations in FiM (Tirek, Smooze and Seaponies seem to be the most common). Personally, I think it would be interesting to see how Megan would be characterized by the FiM team. Now, I have seen several topics regarding humans in Equestria in general, but not Megan specifically, so I decided to make a topic about her. I know a lot of people would probably cringe at the idea of a human character in FiM, but if the storytellers do a good job, I think it could make for a very interesting storline.

For those who don't know, Megan was a major character in MLP: Generation One, a young girl who came from a universe outside Ponyland (at least, I think) and befriended the ponies and helped them save their world from Tirek in the first special and returned for several important missions in later episodes and the movie. She is the bearer of the special "Rainbow of Light" which was used to defeat Tirek, Catrina and the Smooze.

In the original special, Megan is perhaps the most developed character. As a kid, I actually liked her as much if not more than the ponies themselves. Because she was the only human on the show at first, I could also relate to her better than to the ponies.

So, what if, somehow, Megan appeared in the FiM universe? How would she interact with the new, better-developed ponies? IMO, since the ponies in FiM are young adults, maybe Megan would be a twenty-something instead of a kid. Perhaps she could be a college student who used to believe in unicorns/magic, but outgrew it and became disillusioned with the world. Maybe she'd be sort of sarcastic, negative, even a bit depressed.

How she would get to Equestria, I have no idea. In the original, Megan was from a world outside that of the ponies, so if she appeared in FiM, this would still probably be the case. I found a few fanarts of FiM style Megan, so I guess I'm not the only one to have this idea.

http://yamino.devian...style-220146861

Edited by Carolina

I don't like the concept of humans in FiM, it would just feel wrong. While the concept art you linked looks awesome and fits the show, I still can't really imagine it blending well.

I would love the idea of a pony from another "dimension", though. Perhaps from the future or some sort of apocalyptic world, ala Fallout: Equestria.

• Brohoof 3

personally the reason i like G4 more then G1 is the lack of humans, they always seem to mess things up and I don't think that Megan would react to the ponies well. She's better off on earth

Posted Image

Because I still need to post 100 characters not counting images, here's something random: CUSTARDS!!

Wow, badass! That'd be cool if she looked like that. Anyway, I think if she were to show up, Megan should only appear in one episode, two at most. Or...maybe in MLP:FiM The Movie if there is one??

No, it doesn't seem fitting for humans to be in FiM, it ruins the escape from reality FiM offers, and its even dumber to reintroduce G1 characters.

Posted Image

And that settles that. If Fluttershy is freaked out, EVERYONE is freaked out! Maybe not Twilight, she probably knows something about humans

• Brohoof 4

I watched some G1 episodes and Megan is SO annoying! I think it would have been better to leave her out of the script. I decided to try G1 a while back and one of my only complaints is her. I don't want her in FIM, ever.

:lol: The ponies probably WOULD be freaked out about a human! If their behavior about Zecora was any indication, I'll bet they would be wary at first and possibly ostrasize a human the same way they do any unknown creature. But, Megan would probably be pretty freaked out by them, too. It could make interactions quite interesting.

No, it doesn't seem fitting for humans to be in FiM, it ruins the escape from reality FiM offers, and its even dumber to reintroduce G1 characters.

But FiM isn't meant to be an escape from reality. It's supposed to be about friendship. Also, remember her?

Posted Image

Actually, from this, it might be interesting to see Megan. Probably a one/two episode character.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I just watched a bit of G1. I'm decidedly against any humans in Equestria. It just feels wrong. So, my vote is no.

• Brohoof 1

If humans were going to be put into the show then they would have already. But if they were going to come in it would suck I use mlp fim to get the pains of reality off my mind.

• Brohoof 1

Humans on FiM? Oh dear lord, no.. just no. The ponies feel human enough and that's what I like about this series. I will stop watching FiM if humans were to appear in this series.

• Brohoof 1

If humans were going to be put into the show then they would have already. But if they were going to come in it would suck I use mlp fim to get the pains of reality off my mind.

Humans on FiM? Oh dear lord, no.. just no. The ponies feel human enough and that's what I like about this series. I will stop watching FiM if humans were to appear in this series.

Dear CELESTIA, LUNA, GOD AND SPONGE BOB don't let Howard Stern see this topic! Seriously. If a hater would see this, it would make us ALL look bad.
  • Brohoof 2

Megan? In my FiM?

Posted Image

Story-wise, it seems like a female human would add quite a lot to the show's possibility, but her presence alone will give some complications.

Where did she come from? How did she get in here? Is there any other humans?

How do their human community view ponies? As a pet, or maybe livestock?

How is the relationship between the two worlds? Remember, we got at least two demigod pegasus unicorn

Will there be cake?

Maybe the closest thing to a "human" the show will actually get is Iron Will (half man/half bull). I did get to wondering about Axiotl (spelling?) in the Daring Do stories, though. He is a mythological character from the Aztec civilization. Could that mean that Aztecs existed in this world? Or would it be a pony version of Aztecs?

Hm. I never considered writing MLP fanfiction before, but a story about Megan appearing in Equestria might be an interesting thing to explore.