Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Brony or Pegasister?

magical unicorn

Are you a Brony or a Pegasister? I'm new to this forum and I want to get to know everypony! What better way than to start a topic of my very own? Reply to this simply stating whether you are of the Pegasister or Brony genus :P (in other words, if you are a female or male fan) :D

Well first of all, there's actually a ton of controversy over the entire meaning altogether. A lot of people think that brony means both genders, and that there doesn't need to be separate terms. Not that I care either way, personally.

I'm a brony, going by the male VS female concept, however.

I prefer the term "brony" regardless of gender, simply because it's easier.

But it's no big deal either way. Brony or pegasister, you better be here for quality conversation. :D

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the term "brony" regardless of gender, simply because it's easier.

But it's no big deal either way. Brony or pegasister, you better be here for quality conversation. :D

I used to call myself a Brony, and still sometimes do ") however, I do prefer the term pegasister for me. It just sounds better :P But anyway, I was just wondering how many guys and girls were in the fanbase.

I used to call myself a Brony, and still sometimes do ") however, I do prefer the term pegasister for me. It just sounds better :P But anyway, I was just wondering how many guys and girls were in the fanbase.

Welp, I go by brony. Same with my tumblr (bronyrage.tumblr.com). I just find it easier than explaining.

Pegasister is a mouthful to me, I prefer Brony for all genders, hell Rina-Chan and BaldDumboRat call themselves bronies :P

I guess it is a bit hard to say, especially for me, because I speak quite quickly at times. Haha, I'm weird. I went up to my Brony friend (guy) last week and told him that I was a Pagasister, and he just looked at me like I was speaking Chinese. I had to explain to him that I was just a female Brony :P

(edited)

I told a lady friend that female bronies are sometimes referred to as Pegasisters and her exact response, "Psht.. I don't care, I'm a brony."

haha I am a brony in the dude sense.

Edited by Shadow Chaser

Ok, feld0, I'm sorry. Anyway, I am guy, although my nick is The good hen. And I know girls that like to use the term brony-probably because it's more general while pegasis suggest you have wings and some just prefer earth ponies or unicorns, or Alicorns.

I'm a brony going by the separate gender idea, but I don't really think it matters all that much. Guy or gal, I think if you like ponies, you're cool in my book ;D

• Brohoof 3

As I have said in another topic a while back, I don't really like referring to myself as a brony, because when people hear "I am a brony", they get the idea that you are exactly like every other brony in the world. I'm not going point anybody out, but there are some... Let's say "awful" bronies around. And I don't want to be thought as the same as them.

But, that aside, I am a brony. In a guy sense. I don't really care for the whole female=pegasister thing. Brony is easier.

As I have said in another topic a while back, I don't really like referring to myself as a brony, because when people hear "I am a brony", they get the idea that you are exactly like every other brony in the world. I'm not going point anybody out, but there are some... Let's say "awful" bronies around. And I don't want to be thought as the same as them.

But, that aside, I am a brony. In a guy sense. I don't really care for the whole female=pegasister thing. Brony is easier.

Yea...I just want to be named a Pegasister ecause it makes me feel special, different from my two guy Brony friends :D

ANyway, goodnight everypony! 'm off to bed now :) well, I'm going to leave this wonderful website at least...byeeeeeeeeeeee

(edited)

At first I thought everyone was a Brony, then sometime later I heard the name Pegasister for girls. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but it's nice that girls have a name.

As for me I am a Brony.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

(edited)

Welcome to the forums bro!!! I am indeed a brony, in the male/colt/stallion/whatever sense ( :lol: ), but not only am I a brony... I... am... BATBRONY!!!! Oh wait, right, my name's in the top left corner... :huh: hmmmm... well, this is embarassing. Ummm... I am the night! *cue dramatic exit*

Edited by Batbrony

I consider myself a brony. Because, well, I'm a guy. And I'm not afraid of showing people that, I even changed my coverphoto on FB to a pic with the Mane 6.

On a side note: I would never have found it if it wasn't for a friend of mine who also likes MLP.

I am yes, a Brony by definition. Although, if it were up to me I'd find another term all together to describe the group of fans. It's just, that word doesn't really sound smooth enough, "Brony".

To me the term "brony" has become gender-neutral. Although some might consider it sexist that it contains the root "bro" which has fraternal connotations and does not adequately represent the adult female fanbase, I don't think it matters much, as I think the word "fraternal" ought to go beyond male associations in the first place. Of course, I'm probably biased by the fact that I consider myself a brony and am male.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a guy, but since I love pegasi, and one of the reasons I stay with MLP is because of the pegasi. And that's why I call myself either a Pegabrother, or Pegasister. :P

Edited by AKingGamer
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Same thing in my Eyes. Fans of the show who are outside the demographic. And my philosophy is if your a fan and out side the target audience, You are a Brony. We are all Bronies. its a unisex term in my eyes. But if u want u can call urself a pegasister. Don't care.

So really, I would call myself, a Brony.

• Brohoof 3

Brohoof this if your ready for MLP season 3!!!

Go back to the facebook hole you came from T_T.

Everyone is a brony to me, like it or not. They can call themselves whatever they want. I am obviously a brony since calling myself a pegasister would be retarded.

• Brohoof 4

I see it as a unisex term :) (im not a girl so I guess it doesn't even effect me anyways)

But i do know some girl's that like to be called pegasister's over brony so i guess it just depends on what you like :P

• Brohoof 1