Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your opinion on my little pony before you watched friendship is magic?

jacibobsthebrony

(edited)

I was just like "those are pretty cute toys but they aren't for me". That was the time G3 was around. After I discovered FiM and was about half-way throughout season 1 (this was last summer), I wanted to start collecting G4s. So my mom took me to Toys R Us, and I got the Fluttershy set with the tree, and the set with Pinkie and Sweetie Belle. Now I collect G1, G2, G3, G3.5, and G4 and I have about 320 ponies. In less than a year. O_O

So, yeah. I didn't 'hate' it, I just thought they weren't for me, since I'm a tomboy. :P Turns out, while I am a tomboy, I like ponies! :D

Edited by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

The first time I saw MLP: Magic is friendship was in late 2010. I had no opinion on it at the time and so I didn't bother watching it (I didn't even know it was a show). I totally forgot about it until recently when someone suggested the show to me. I watched it, but I didn't like it right away. Now I love it. :wub:

I always looked at it as a silly fanbase that liked a little girls show. I had a friend who was a brony and ive seen lots of ponies before. I never really thought wrong of bronies, i more so see a pony thing and just laugh under my breath and think, oh you bronies.

one of the moments where ive laughed the most was on a tf2 spray and the spray had my friend i was talking about pulling a hilarous angry face with the text "DAFUQ u say about mlp?" xD

To be honest, I almost never thought about it until I discovered the version I've come to love. I lived in the country for most of my childhood and moved to what might be considered the "ghetto" of New Jersey for 4th and 5th grade. This meant little girl shows weren't exactly well known or popular unlike Ed Edd and Eddy and Spongebob. The Powerpuff Girls were awesome though. xD

Anyways, I didn't even know MLP had a TV series based off of the toy line. That all changed when I began surfing the internet for the first time. What happened next seems obvious. :P

I had no idea what it was about, when I first heard that people liked MLP I thought of G1 ponies (I had never watched an earlier generation, I just knew what they looked like) then I saw all the G4 avatars people had on various websites and thought I'd give the new show a try.

I though that it was just something girly for my little nieces. I had to watch them one day and they wanted to watch a Gen 3 movie So I poped it in and just put in my Earbuds and listened to some metal on my Zune till it was over. I could tell that is was horrible by the animation alone. Then one day I was playing on my Xbox and a Friend was talking about it. He kept on talking about how it was awsome. I laughed a little bit because I didn't know of FiM at the time. He was trying to get me and another one of my Friends to watch it but we ignored him. In June a friend of mine who is the Son of a family Friend came down from Maine. He and my older niece(15) were talking about it. Since he was very into Metal, and the military and my Niece is a complete Tomboy I thought something was strange. Then I asked "How could you like MLP, Isn't for girls?" He said "the older ones but the new one was acctually epic." That made me curious so I asked him how I could watch it. he told me to just google MLP:FiM episodes. I kept that in mind and one day I could not sleep and decided to look it up. I watched the First two episodes and loved it.

• Brohoof 1

I liked G1, I hated the other generations, but my opinion on G4 was that the commercials were colorful, and I had to watch them :3

.....eeeyup, colorful commercials = instant watch

I had no idea the cartoon even existed for the longest time. I do not watch television really, just mostly play xbox (even this is kinda new for me!) & watch movies on netflix.

I've always collected the ponies though. My mom would buy ponies and trolls for me instead of barbies because she didn't like how barbies portrayed women or something, so I got into them that way. I never really grew out of them either, ecspeically when Rainbow Brite and those other 80s cartoons started showing up again in the late 90s in rave fashion and what not.

A few months ago my boyfriend and I were eating dinner and looking for something on Netflix and came across FiM. We watch it alot now, ususally during dinner, but I think I am much more into it than he is. Oh well, it's great :)

I was a fan of the original MLP. Granted, I was about 4 or 5 at the time so I didn't realize how cheesy it was. Even so, I still have a special place for it in my heart. MLP FIM is far superior and improved upon the franchise in every way conceivable but a classic is a classic and I appreciate Hasbro for having given me some great childhood memories.

• Brohoof 1

This was what I thought of the matter:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxK_nA2iVXw

Then I saw a bit of the show and thought:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-uGppih4Gs

And now I'm all like:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Didn't know anything about it. I just got in the show with some images and didn't know FIM was popular ( It was during the wait for season 2 so I don't know if it was that popular back then). I though they looked quite cute so I tried it and here I am.

I never really liked the show to begin with i mean... it was too girly & prissy & shit

& it wasn't even adorable to say the least

HOWEVER, I decided to MAKE myself watch FiM & I'm VERY glad I did

this version got rid of almost all of my depression

also: HORRAY FOR LUNA :wub:

Didn't really care for it. I thought they were a really strange toyline, even for girls. Just ugly plastic horses with comb-able hair. And I thought the idea of men liking them was immediately creepy(Christian Weston Chandler). But I really didn't care that much at all since it was a girl's toy and I was a guy.

But that was before FIM. I remember seeing memes all over the place, and not realizing they were even ponies(because of the art style) I always thought the idea of Bronies was very interesting and I thought it was super cool that older guys watching a girl's show was pretty cool. I didn't have the Hub and I didn't really plan on seeing the show anyways, and even though I had nothing against Bronies, I was resistant to actually watch the show.

My friend basically forced me into watching the show. And it was the girliest thing I had ever seen and I couldn't understand why people loved it so much. But I didn't stop watching it... and now I love the show.

I was raised with the g3 ponies and when I saw 3.5 and 4, the styles ... actually scared me! I thought they were absolutely horrible. Then again, I only saw the figures. Other than that I just wasn't interested until the brony virus hit my school and it became irritating. Out of my own curiosity a while later, I finally gave it a try after a friend of mine who previously hated it with a burning passion watched a few episodes and wouldn't stop talking about how good it was. xD

Well, as many others, I thought the show was "gay as balls". I saw Gen 3 when I was a kid (I am 16 in September) and thought it was terrible, girly, and cheesy in comparison to the classic cartoons I watched such as Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, and Courage. Even after my friend Sam told me that he liked the show and explained that it was better than I thought I wasn't convinced. Sam isn't like other guys he just does what in the Equestria he wants, so I didn't believe him. But his words stuck in my mind and I eventually watched the show out of sheer irony. By the end of the PILOT I was hooked, and by the end of the week, I went down to Hot Topic and purchased me a Brony T-Shirt.

Before I started watching FiM, I almost didn't know what MLP was, the occasional commercial reminding me of its existence, and my hatred of girly things was reserved for...other toy franchises. Then I found out about FiM, and I was curious, so I went ahead and watched it, and the rest is history.

I have completely no clue of its existence (I live in Vietnam). I usually goes around Youtube for music and stuff, I see some MLP clips, then I eventually got assimilated into the herd without even knowing.