Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many of you watch Anime?

Samurshy

Anime?  

126 users have voted

1. 1. Do you watch anime?

• Yes, I WATCH ANIME ALL THE TIME, I am a regular otaku.
    • I watch some anime but I wouldnt consider myself an otaku.
    • I don't watch anime, I only watch ponies.

(edited)

I already know there are various active threads about anime, top 10 anime and so and so forth. But this is different. I know this forum contains a small section of the bronies but nonetheless I would still like this information. The question is simple. Do you watch anime? Answer the poll and post in the thread. If you like anime tell me what got you into anime in the first place, if you don't, post a nice (keyword nice) response as to why you do not like anime.

post-5757-0-11361900-1343587231_thumb.png

Edited by Bronynonymous
  • Brohoof 3

I don't watch anime anymore. I haven't in a long time. There aren't that many good ones anymore. I think I either picked up Inuyasha or Ranma 1/2 at the library one day, and then I found out they had their own anime, and that's how I got into anime! The first anime I saw was Sailor Moon and Pokemon, but I don't remember Sailor moon much though... That was waaaaaay loooong ago! I spend more time reading manga, and other books than I do watching anime now. I also find that MLP more interesting than the current anime these days...

I remember being really bored as a child, (we're talkin' 9 or so years old; not all THAT long ago, I guess) so I began to flip through the Comcast On Demand selections, and I found this place under "The Cutting Edge > Funimation", or something like that. It had some anime in there that at first, I thought was really stupid. But then... I found.. "School Rumble". It's about nothing in particular, just a hilarious slice-of-life, really. I remember trying to sing along to the opening, though I didn't even know what language it was. I didn't know it was a Japanese series, I just kind of liked it for what it was. Then of course, I finished the series after all the episodes were given On Demand, and I ventured onto other anime. Pretty simple story from there. Just got more and more into it after that. Now I've got over a month of time spent watching anime (according to anime-planet.com (it adds up the anime you've watched and gives you the time spent watching anime, pretty legit, lulz)).

(edited)

Bleach, One Piece, Angel layer, Cowboy bebop, Outlaw star, Gurren, Dragon Ball, Full Metal Alchemist.... just a few I watch out of MANY I LOVE :3

I really like anime, its a change to the other movies I watch... much much awesome...

Edited by Ethan Pow
  • Brohoof 1

I was on Xbox Live Netflix with my cousins once and I was all like browsing the instant queue, so I saw Gurren Lagann. And I'm like, "I'm gonna watch..this Gurren Lagging thing. Should be fun." And one cousin's like, "Huh." the others like, "The crap is that."

So I watched it and I was like, "Guys, this is really awesome. You guys should watch it." Then I got my two cousins and myself into Gurren Lagann. GL was the first anime I watched and really enjoyed. I watched Pokemon before that, but I really didn't like it. But Gurren Lagann holds a special place in my heart as my first anime.

Other animes I've watched are:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (my second favorite anime.)

YuruYuri (Guilty Pleasure heaven.)

Lucky Star ( I like the characters and such. The animation seems dated, for some reason. Maybe it was just the sub I was watching)

I've watched a bit of Dragon Ball Z, I really tried to get into it, I really did, but I just couldn't.

And that's about it, I think.

I only really watched Naruto, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Pokemon, and Yugioh. I don't really care for other animes, unless you count Teen Titans which was like a cartoon anime hybrid ^^

Teen Titans was made by warner brother thus not anime.

meh i only watch the older stuff along with some OVA's i'm not a fan of Bleach and One piece because there plots dont know when to stop and just drag the fuck on, thats not anime its a bore fest

i'll stick to stuff with good writing anyday Berserk, OutlawStar, Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop ect

(edited)

Well I was really bored this summer and was on Omegle. People kept asking questions about something called Hetalia, enough so for me to be curious. So I went on YouTube and watched a few episodes and I really enjoyed it. I'd never seen anime before as it doesn't air in the UK to my knowledge, so I went in search of some more to watch. I don't watch it that often but I do enjoy it when I do. The only other animes I've watched are Gurren Lagann and Evangelion, but I do plan on watching more.

Edited by Aigaion

Teen Titans was made by warner brother thus not anime.

It has much anime influence, hence why I said anime cartoon hybrid. Just because warner bros made it doesn't mean it couldn't be classified as anime

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The first anime's I really got into were Pokemon, and .hack. I was born into a Pokemon loving family, so I was basically raised with it, but .hack is a different story.

I would usually wake up quite earlier than my siblings, and parents when I was younger so I could sneak into our living room to watch Adult Swim on the channel Cartoon Network (I was around 7 or 8, so my parents wouldn't let me watch it. Naughty naughty...). Usually it would be showing adult humor animation, like Family Guy and the sort, but this morning it was something different and new, it was .hack. It was something very awesome to me, and I loved it, I checked the time on the clock and it was around 5 AM. I woke up at 5 AM everyday for the next few months just to watch it.

My favorite anime's are probably Azumanga Daioh, and Elfen Lied. Pumpkin Scissors, Full Metal Alchemist, and Lucky Star are very good as well.

Edited by Veiled Enigma

I watch anime on a quite regular basis. I think, according to my list, I'm pushing about four months worth of watching it. But I don't like calling myself an otaku.

(edited)

My friend introduced me to it a couple years back. I've seen Ginga Densetsu Weed, Wolf's Rain, Full Metal Alchemist, Shakugan no Shana, and Kuroshitsuji. I love Grell Sutcliff so much! :wub: He's so flamboyantly gay it's awesome! :lol:

AND DEATH NOTE!!!!!

Edited by FlareChaser0096
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Every once in awhile, but it's not really my thing most of the time. I've been watching Panty and Stocking recently though. I found out about it because Stocking looks like Twilight and Chuck looks like GIR from Invader Zim.

Edited by spaghettinoodles

I started watching anime a long time ago, about the time that Toonami was just starting out. My first experience with anime happened when I was channel surfing and managed to catch a glimpse of the ending credits of Sailormoon. I quickly turned back and was intrigued at the animation style despite the fact that it was...for descriptive purposes rather girly. It wasn't until Toonami introduced Sailormoon, Dragonball (not z) and Tenchi Muyo that my taste for anime started to grow. The funny thing is I was made fun of by my classmates for watching Sailormoon because it was "girly", now don't tell me that doesn't sound familiar.

Anywho, I count myself as a strong anime fan even though the quality (imo) has taken a dive in recent years. I pretty much watch anything anime related, however I will draw the line when things get a tad bit gory for my tastes.

Not counting Pokemon, Yugioh and the likes, I've only watched Death Note (which I absolutely loved) and Avatar (both series).

I first learned about anime when I saw Avatar on Nickelodeon. Then a friend of mine recommended Death Note.

Alright I will explain my experiences with anime.My first experience was saturday morning cartoons on foxbox, I watched Shaman King and Digimon Tamers. And then I began to hang out with my Best Friend Devan, he had cartoon network and I didnt, so every weekend I would spend the night at his house and we would watch DBZ and Naruto, and then Bleach came out and we watched that also. At this point I didnt even know what I was watching was anime, for I didnt even know the term "Anime". I didnt have internet or a computer, so I just continued watching anime at Devan's whenever I could. I eventually got a desktop from this lady I helped out, and I convinced my parents to get internet, it was only dial up at first though. But I searched up youtube videos on Bleach and Naruto, and came upon a AMV with Bleach that had a very old Korn song. I cant remember what the Korn song is today, but I was captivated by the hard work put into these music videos. I didnt know what AMV stood for so I posted a comment on the video, and someone replied. The said it stood for Anime music video, which I now know is wrong it stands for Animated Music Video. But I accepted this answer and typed in the word Anime on google because I didnt know what the word Anime meant. It gave me a definition of something like animated televisions shows from Japan. And that is when I realized that anime was the best thing ever. I became the biggest otaku ever, I bought cosplay outfits, I got all the posters and video games I could. I represented by wearing anime shirts or my naruto headband to school. Ultimately being an otaku is what lead me to loving MLP so much. With the big eyes and the facial expressions, MLP reminded me of anime. So I watched a few episodes and was instantly swept up in the fandamonium. All of my friends are otaku and half of them are bronies because of it and because of me.

• Brohoof 2

I rarely watch it now, but before I got into ponies, anime was HUGE for me. I would watch things like Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and Haruhi Suzumiya CONSTANTLY.

Those were my dreaded weeaboo years though, and now I've moved on.

• Brohoof 1

I rarely watch it now, but before I got into ponies, anime was HUGE for me. I would watch things like Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and Haruhi Suzumiya CONSTANTLY.

Those were my dreaded weeaboo years though, and now I've moved on.

Death Note.

L. :wub: Need I say more?

• Brohoof 4

L was awesome! But I always liked Near a bit more. His quiet nature and his brains behind everything he did was always so intriguing.

L is more attractive. Dark hair FTW in my book XD Light is just frightening. There's a guy at my school who looks just like him. O.O Never anger that boy! :P

I watch some anime. Here are three I watch the most:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INCOMING WALL OF TEXT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby of the Stars) - This anime, while being made by Nintendo, can be mature and dark at times, and I love it for that. It follows Kirby while he lives on the planet Pop Star, more speciaficaly, Pupu Village, Pupupuland. He becoms friends with a young girl named Fumu, and her brother Bun. Fumu and Bun live in King Dedede's Castle with thier parents, Pamu and Memu. Dedede is a blue penguin who is a dictator. His servant Escargon, is a lavender snail with a green shell who actually isn't that evil. Dedede tries to kill Kirby in pretty much every episode, to please his master, Nightmare. Anyway, how is it dark? Well, in episode 41, it's predicted that the world is going to end, and in episode 42, it almost happened. It was pretty depressiong, it still makes me cry. Also, the character Meta-Knight said 'shit' in one episode. Don't remember which one. Then there's this episode:

Yeah, a little.... disturbing. That episode (89) is the only one out of the episodes 73-100 I've seen, I can't find the others subbed (it's going pretty slow). Oh well. And also, the music is amazing: http://www.kirbysrainbowresort.net/multimedia/sounds/cate-anime.html

2. Onegai My Melody - This anime is also very cute, yet has some mature things. It's based off the Sanrio character, My Melody. Her and other 'living stuffed animals', come to Earth. My Melody is discovered by a girl named Uta. Uta's mother is dead, and she has two sisters (whose names forget). Then there's a girl named Mana, who is a tomboy and as a fear of cute things. Miki, another one of Uta's friends, is into romance. The villains are Kuromi and Baku, who need to collect 100 black notes, while My Melody must get 100 pink ones. If Kuromi wins, The Spirit of Dark Power will consume the dreams of all humans. If My Melody wins, then Earth and her home planet, are both saved. Kuromi ended uo convincing a handsom violinist, Keichi Hiiragi, to help her. Kuromi, Uta, and Miki all have a crush on him.

3. Di Gi Charat - This one is.... weird. A 10 year old cat girl,Dejiko, her 5 year old sister, Puchiko, and thier friend Gema, are in a space ship and crash land in Akihabara, Tokyo. Dejiko, being homeless now, gets a job at the anime store Gamers, and gets to live there along with her sister and friend. Another emplyee, Rabi~en~Rose (14 years old), sees that Dejiko is getting attention, and the two become rivals. Then there's the villians, the Black Gema Gema Gang, led by the 8 year old panda girl, Piyoko. Her sidekicks, are all older than she is. Rik is 26, Ky is 17, and Coo is 13. Dejiko also has fanboys, Takeshi and Yoshimi. Then there's Takurou Minagawa, who falls in love with Rabi~en~Rose. Then there's Takurou Kimura, who is around 20 years old and is in love with Puchiko. Yep, he's about 20, and he's in love with a 5 year old. Sounds legit. There are some other characters, but I'm too lazy to list them all, so lets move on to the prequal, Panyo Panyo Di Gi Charat. This takes place two years before the original. Oh, and I forgot to mention, Dejiko is a princess. Anyway, this takes place back on her plant, Di Gi Charat. In this anime, her goal is to bring happiness to the world, an idea she got after reading a book. Her, Puchiko, and Gema leave the castle to go and fulfill this. Dejiko meets two friends along the way, Rinna, a sleepy baker, and Mike (pronouced me-ke), a tomboy who is afraid of sea slugs for whatever reason. Piyoko is in this one too along with Deji Devil, whose goal is to make everyone unhappy, for pretty much no reason at all. :/ Then there's the sequal, Winter Garden, in which Dejiko is 20, and Puchiko is 15. They are the only characters who returned from the other incarnations, and are no longer cat girls, but regualr people living in Japan. Dejiko falls in love with Senba Takurou, and she works at a bakery. There's also the AU series, Di Gi charact Nyo, but I've only seen half of it, so, yeah.

• Brohoof 1

I watch some anime. Here are three I watch the most:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INCOMING WALL OF TEXT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Hoshi no Kaabii (Kirby of the Stars) -

Watched the english version of this when I was younger. Kirby right back at you or something along those lines. Good show.

Watched the english version of this when I was younger. Kirby right back at you or something along those lines. Good show.

I hate that dub. Bad puns everywhere, unfitting background music, uneeded name changes. I swear, 4kids ruins everything they thouch. :/ I used to watch the dub, then I found out that everyone hated 4kids. I looked up why, and found out it's because they censor everything, and are kind of racist. Their former CEO, Al Kahn, has said some interesting things. Such as "By the time we localize the programs kids don't even know they're from Japan any more." and "Japan is over… anime was tired… in the doldrums, and too derivative.". Yeah, not a nice guy. Thank Celestia he retired.

• Brohoof 1