Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

YouTube Problems

Cole The Pony

On occasion, when I watch a video it randomly says an error has occured. Not too bad of a problem to me, just a little annoying. Other then that YouTube serves me well. :lol:

Well just a few days ago I had the problem that I couldn't reply to peoples' comments. It got fixed though.

I go on YouTube regularly every day, and have not seen any troubles within... forever. The last time I was having troubles is whenever YouTube was transitioning over to their new style of player. The dark grey one?

What browser do you use? We were using IE and it derped out on us one day, didn't work for like a week. We downloaded Firefox and it cleared the problem right up. So maybe try a different browser? You could also update flash player and your activex plugins.

(edited)
For a month now, I have been unable to watch videos at all on Firefox, YT too me nowadays is to problematic. Edited by Mordecai

Youtube getting derpy with new features. (copypasta from GOS)

YouTube not only tests a new homepage interface, but also a new video page.

In addition to the lighter background color, the experimental "watch" pages move the video title and the channel information below the video, make buttons less obvious and show more information about the video by default.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Google's search engine has already indexed many YouTube pages that used this interface at that time.

Here's how you can try the new interface. If you use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or Internet Explorer 8+:

1. open youtube.com in a new tab

2. load your browser's developer console:

* Chrome - press Ctrl+Shift+J for Windows/Linux/ChromeOS or Command-Option-J for Mac

* Firefox - press Ctrl+Shift+K for Windows/Linux or Command-Option-K for Mac

* Opera - press Ctrl+Shift+I for Windows/Linux or Command-Option-I for Mac, then click "Console"

* Safari - check this article

* Internet Explorer - press F12 and select the "Console" tab.

3. paste the following code which changes a YouTube cookie:

document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=CuSA6Z9VUog; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();

4. press Enter and close the console.

To go back to the standard UI, follow the same steps, but use the following code:

document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();

{ Thanks, Nedas. }

--

YouTube tests yet another homepage interface. This time, the interface is called "carousel" and it doesn't show videos from your subscriptions. For some reason, YouTube redirects users to youtube.com/lohp when they try to load the homepage, but this page returns an error if you're not part of this experiment.

The experimental homepage has a simplified layout: it only shows a long list of popular videos from various channels and categories like "news" and "music".

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's how you can try the latest YouTube experiment. If you use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari or Internet Explorer 8+, open youtube.com in a new tab, load:

* Chrome's Javascript console (Ctrl+Shift+J for Windows/Linux/ChromeOS or Command-Option-J for Mac)

* Firefox's Web Console (Ctrl+Shift+K for Windows/Linux or Command-Option-K for Mac)

* Opera's Dragonfly (Ctrl+Shift+I for Windows/Linux or Command-Option-I for Mac)

* Safari's Web Inspector (how to do that?)

or

* Internet Explorer's Developer Tools (press F12 and select the "console" tab)

and paste the following code, which changes a YouTube cookie:

document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=eKxEWQ3xcc8; path=/; domain=.youtube.com";window.location.reload();

Then press Enter and close the console. Go to youtube.com/lohp to see the experimental interface.

What the improved channel browse tab looks like?