Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Baby- "Pinkamena Zecora Smith"

Tyger

A newly born girl's mother named her "Pinkamena Zecora Smith"(source), stating it was a cute name itself and gave her alot of options for nicknames.

What do you think?

(edited)

If I was a pony in Equestria, and my wife gave birth to a baby:

I doubt I would name it based off a television show about humans.

Posted Image

(ok, pointless perspective!)

But you know, I am going to stop there and just say...they can name her what they want. Personally, I think its a little too far! As a guy, I am not too sure I would be comfortable with the name Optimus Prime either (which was stated in her post).

Edited by Steel Matt

It's a cute name, but the mother could've atleast think through this logcally before picking the name for her child. Where's the father in this? Why not "Diane Pinkamena Smith" (as quoted from one of the comments)?

If I was a pony in Equestria, and my wife gave birth to a baby:

I doubt I would name it based off a television show about humans.

Posted Image

(ok, pointless perspective!)

But you know, I am going to stop there and just say...they can name her what they want. Personally, I think its a little too far! As a guy, I am not too sure I would be comfortable with the name Optimus Prime either (which was stated in her post).

(edited)

My god the hate is so thick you can cut with a knife... (the da hate)I thought it sounded pretty good!

Sure the Zecora part conFused me a little but it could beA LOT worse!

Edited by Twinight125
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

"Our friend has a child named Optimus Prime." THIS IS WHY TEENAGERS SHOULD NOT GET PREGNANT. I sure would love to have children when I'm in my mid to late twenties, but I definitely wouldn't want to name them after characters from my favorite cartoon... I know they have the right to name their child what they want, but it's just... not exactly the kind of thing you'd name your child...

Edited by ShinyRibbonsAndSparkles
  • Brohoof 2

Giving your children outlandish names like that isn't a good idea. Even changing your own name to a pony's is very silly and something I'd advise against doing, but at least it's you doing the name change for yourself. Giving your child that name is bound to give them embarrassment that they had no control over. For instance, there were parents in Sweden who wanted to name their kid Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 to protest a naming law intending to prevent names like that from occurring. Thankfully said name wasn't allowed.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, at least the child wouldn't have to change to change her name when Equestria emerged from the pacific

Some people can be very near-sighted when it comes to naming babies, or any long-term stuff. But that doesn't give others to judge her like that. I can only hope she doesn't take those mean comments on deviantart seriously :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Er...not sure what to think. I'm more disturbed by Optimus Prime (mother of god, the poor child) but seriously...that's a little far. To each their own however. Maybe have done Diane as a name or Pinkamena as a middle one but their choice. Hope the kid's chills with it though.

EDIT: Just read some of the comments and they're awful...:/

Edited by PinkieDaShy.avi

I personally like it! No one ever uses middle names for anything, anyway. Incidentally, I was named after a character from Simon and Simon. You don't see me complaining of a horrendous childhood experience related to my name. :P

Well I remember hearing about some teens changing their names to that of the Mane 6, but not a newborn baby being given a MLP-inspired name yet.

It begins...

If I had to give a MLP related name to my daughter it would be the middle name or a nickname... never the first or last name of my child. The torment my child would get at school would be horrible. I MUST NOT DO THAT! D:

If I had a kid, I'd probably name him "Super 3D Child 2 Turbo Edition Extreme", so "Pinkamena Zecora Smith" seems quite normal to me.

• Brohoof 2

Their daughter isn't really going to appreciate that one when she's all grown up. Since it's their kid they can name her whatever they want of course, they just have to be reasonable when doing it.

Not very well thought of, to say at least. Not good idea In my opinion, it could bring a bit trouble to the child :/

(edited)

Honestly, I don't see what everyone is worried about here. Pinkamena sounds like a name somebody invented to be different or hipster, a derivative of Philomena. I've known girls with much sillier first names: Mercedes, Reality and Meadow to name a few--yes, those are all real names given to people. And at least it isn't Espn. Yes, that's been given to enough people to appear on the US census (Google it if you dare).

And Zecora? It's a middle name. It doesn't even appear on most legal documents. And if you replace the 'E' with an 'A,' Zacora is a real name. Only a handful of people have had it as a first name since 2008, and it's also a real last name: http://www.ourbabyna...larity.html

Besides, I'd bet kids would probably call her "Pink" instead of "Pinkie," anyway. You have to admit, Smith is the most generic name in English, so the most unusual first name is rather suited for it. Pinkie Smith... you have to admit it sounds cool. ;)

Edited by Questio
  • Brohoof 3

Did anyone ealse notice there is NO law in naming your child? You can literally name your child anything! There should be some kind of law.....

I've seen far, far worse names, Pinkamena isn't that bad... oh its bad, but it can be far, far worse

even actual names, like say Gaylen is worse, thats a traditional scottish name, which would hurt a kid, here at least, far worse then Pinkamena

we have some pretty dumb names that aren't outlandish... and sometimes names are created out of thin air and stick (like Wendy)

names come from somewhere, and 100 years from now Pinkamena could be the new Cathy or Helen, just another name

(myself, I would just name my kid after one of my parents, my family does that alot, I'm named after two people lol)

• Brohoof 1

I was named after the Australian song Waltzing Matilda, with no real relations to Australia at all so... and this was of course not simply added for the characters limit, of course not, anyway.

I find the name actually rather nice sounding, if I hadn't known about MLP and heard the names I would most likely just find them exotic but with a sweet touch to them.

• Brohoof 1