Shift

THIS POLL WAS MADE IN 2013  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Lunar Republic or Solar Empire

• Lunar Republic
    • Solar Empire
    • Neutral

(edited)

I don't know if we had a thread like this, but hey, it never hurts trying.

img-616016-1-new_lunar_republic_vs__the_

The Solar Empire is led by Celestia, Lunar Republic led by Luna. Saying your allegiance to one is saying you want that pony to be new leader of Equestria.
So, what side are you on? I'm on Lunar Republic, of course. Luna FTW.

Edit: Added poll
If this is in the wrong section or someone already made a topic for this i'm gonna scream

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

Ganna have to go with Solar Empire. Not really sure where you are getting the "bad" listing for Celestia but don't fix what isn't broken is more than enough for me to support her being the leader.

Edited by Broken Image
  • Brohoof 5

I think Trollestia, umm I mean Molestia, wait, no! I mean Celesta would be a better ruler but I'd side with Luna because she's my favorite princess!

Not to mention Republic > Empire in my book. :D

Bad:

Tyrant (...wut?)

Troll (The wut has been Doubled)

Has a sick sense of humor (even more wut....)

Is cruel to subjects at times (when? more importantly; wut)

.......well considering all of those are just based by silly fans, and That I admire Celestia more than Luna..... Solar Empire for me :3

• Brohoof 8

Posted Image

Long live the new Lunar republic.

I always like Luna more than Celestia and being young is not really a bad thing. With youth comes fresh ideas.

Though people here are right The bads for Celesia are silly things by fans really things to say as bad would be

Stuck in the old ways

Sentenced her sister to the moon(some would see that as bad no matter how things went)

Lost controll of chanterlot to the Changelings

Is getting weak(cause let's face it all villains single handely owned her. I fit wasn't for the mane 6 it would be all over. I also believe Luna is stronger than Celestia)

Bad:

Tyrant (...wut?)

Just refrencing to memes, mostly. And the show. The sense of humor that Celestia did in bird to the hoof was very corny and I consider 'corny' as 'sick' jokes, but think what you like. Minds don't work the same :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I´d go with the Solar Empire because, guess what, look at my nickname. -_- Also, I think that controlling the Sun is more important.

Picture related

Posted Image

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

As a Pony I wouldn't side with neither, instead I'd start my own pro democracy multi species (Ponies and all sapient minded species) rebel army which will capture dragons using them as beasts of war to try force both Celestia and Luna to join together in peace and give fair rights to all species in this dark parallel universe of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Edited by Rush

I'd have to pic Lunar Republic, only because it sounds like the Equalization idea is pretty good... having one person rule you is sort of a outdated monarchy, even though the ponies on the show are pretty OK with it...

Hail the New Lunar Republic! Luna is the true ruler, down with the sun loving Tyrant!

...Yeah, I couldn't even type that with a straight face. Seriously, Luna is awesome so I'm gonna have to side with the Republic here.

Come one, come all everypony!!! If each and every mare and stallion bands together, we can seize a new destiny and start a new and glorious nation!!! For the glory of the New Lunar Republic!!!!!!!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Solar Empire.

Long live Celestia.

I'd rather not chose the NLR because... well, because I'd stick with the one I was born into, the SE.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's a tough choice. As it stands, Equestria has some very daunting weaknesses. It took an extreme level of intervention to deal with the parasprites on Celestia's side. Pinkie Pie thwarted the parasprites in a single act. Obviously if it took everything Celestia had to deal with...that....then something could be wrong.

Then we go on with the changelings, and the few other mishaps that went on...couple that with the fact Celestia barely ever intervenes and would rather hang her people out to dry (some would say she's letting them solve their own problems though), one would be tempted to go with Luna.

On the other hand, Luna is not stronger than Celestia. Considering it took 1,000 years AND the stars' help to escape Celestia's forced banishment, Luna can't be that strong. Luna sought love and warmth so much though, that she let power get the best of her and became NMM. She has the capacity to be strong, but does not currently fulfill said capacity. Under Luna's rule, we may be happier, but we would be even more vulnerable against threats. That isn't to say we couldn't work on strength with Luna, though.

tl;dr: Celestia's attitude and ruling procedures are very hard to change. Luna's strength and stability can easily be changed. If no outside threats openly go after Equestria, Luna seems to be the better choice. However, if one likes the security of, "it works, don't fix it", stick with Celestia.

Edited by Nanniro
  • Brohoof 1

lunar republic

3 reasons...

1 ) Luna is my favourite non-mane 6 pony.

2 ) The last empire I encountered tried to behead me,but a dragon attacked the place so I escaped.

3 ) Did I mention that Luna's my favourite pony.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Solar all the way. If I were a pony, I'd put it this way, why would I trust someone who previously tried to bring enteral darkness to my land? I wouldn't even in a 1,000 years.

I have always liked Celestia more than Luna. I am not a fan of Luna. She's alright, but I don't care for her at all. I really don't. She is not "worst pony," but perhaps one of my least favorite characters in the entire show. Sure she has a nice design. Her sister took care of the sun and moon for so long, and Luna doesn't even do shit after her return. And sure, she has to get used to things after so long, but really. If she doesn't bother to help out the mane 6, why would she make Equestria any better? I picture her being more of a tyrant than Celestia in the first place. Go ahead. I said it. Luna could be more of a tyrant than Celestia could be.

But generally speaking, this is one my preferences character-wise and how I see the characters as rulers. I would consider myself a bigger Celestia fan, if that counts on being in the Solar Republic. However, I'm not sure if I'd actually claim to be a member of either.

Tyrant

Troll

Has a sick sense of humor

Is cruel to subjects at times

This is fanon.

Ganna have to go with Solar Empire. Not really sure where you are getting the "bad" listing for Celestia but don't fix what isn't broken is more than enough for me to support her being the leader.

What they said. Celestia had been ruling the land for a very, very long time. Luna only rebelled and wanted it all for herself.

Bad:

Tyrant (...wut?)

.......well considering all of those are just based by silly fans, and That I admire Celestia more than Luna..... Solar Empire for me :3

Thank you! I love how you said "silly fans." I of course would not judge a person by their preferences on fictional characters, but this Trollestia and especially Molestia is a load of bull. I don't Trollestia as a little joke, but some people are "silly" enough to associate it with the show. Seriously?

Internet memes are not the show.

I´d go with the Solar Empire because, guess what, look at my nickname. -_- Also, I think that controlling the Sun is more important.

Picture related

Posted Image

If we had no sun, all living beings would die. But both sun and moon are important, scientifically speaking. If the world had too much sun, it could burn up.

Edited by Tam
  • Brohoof 1

Just refrencing to memes, mostly. And the show. The sense of humor that Celestia did in bird to the hoof was very corny and I consider 'corny' as 'sick' jokes, but think what you like. Minds don't work the same :P

I know about Molestia, Trollestia, Tyrant Celestia even that pink hasbro Celestia, whose fanfics where hilarious xD

But it's mostly the fans who made that up, the jokes eh they weren't harming anypony, and she's not cruel :3

• Brohoof 1

I'm all for The New Sparkle Empire of course...

But that's not an option so of course I go with The New Lunar Republic. Luna is my favorite princess. I love the night, and Celestia has been ruling for far to long. So yeah.

• Brohoof 1

I know about Molestia, Trollestia, Tyrant Celestia even that pink hasbro Celestia, whose fanfics where hilarious xD

But it's mostly the fans who made that up, the jokes eh they weren't harming anypony, and she's not cruel :3

I don't mind Trollestia as a fun little joke, but Molestia is uncalled for. I don't like any character being portrayed by that. Molesting is a very serious subject, and should not be joked about.

I'm all for The New Sparkle Empire of course...

But that's not an option so of course I go with The New Lunar Republic. Luna is my favorite princess. I love the night, and Celestia has been ruling for far to long. So yeah.

Twilight Sparkle is my favorite pony! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Screw picking sides, Celestia and Luna are my top two favorite ponies. I'm all for the United Equestrian Dimonarchy!

Posted Image

But if it did come to picking sides... Solar Empire.

• Brohoof 6

Screw picking sides, Celestia and Luna are my top two favorite ponies. I'm all for the United Equestrian Dimonarchy!

Posted Image

But if it did come to picking sides... Solar Empire.

They really should work together. I would probably have more respect for Luna if they showed her working with her sister.