Shift

THIS POLL WAS MADE IN 2013  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Lunar Republic or Solar Empire

• Lunar Republic
    • Solar Empire
    • Neutral

Celestia has been proven time and time again to be a horrible leader

Multiple times she withholds information that could have saved Twilight and friends a headache or twelve

She also does nothing to save her subjects from a frozen cloud at the Equestria Games

And the largest flub of them all: not recognizing the Cadance had been replaced, despite being the one that adopted her, plus dismissing Twilight Sparkle's concerns, despite her being the one who knew Candace the best

It's time for a new leader, and my vote goes to Luna

NEVAH

The illogical part of meh goes for the lunar republic, but its far better to go for a diarchy with an under-ruling parliament, as is the current system  :) 

Given who I play, Princess Celestia, it should come to no surprise I am not a Lunar Republic fan... what may surprise many is that I actually don't like aligning myself with the Solar Empire either. I see the very existence of the Solar Empire and Lunar Republic wrong, creating division and conflict where none should exist.

When some givens me a choice between the Solar Empire and Lunar Republic I am like "Buck that, I pick a third option." This is actually why I have the personal creation of mine, the Guardians of Harmony, who in a setting where Equestria was divided by that of the opposing factions mine would stand against both so as to keep or return harmony to the land. More, the Guardians would suspect something foul was a hoof... as I hold the belief that Celestia and Luna would not oppose each other without some outside influence or manipulation by another.

---------------

For Equestria, harmony, and the pony way would avoid being part of a division or civil war... but if push came to shove and I couldn't take a third option, well I guess the Solar Empire but I wouldn't like it.

• 4 months later...

So my choices are either someone that can take care of the land by herself or someone who threw a hissy fit because she didn't get enough attention? 

I think that Celestia is the best choice here.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Think about it from a story perspective. If you played this out right, this could be a great story! Or you could just say Celestia is obviously better then the super emotional Luna blah blah blah and be done with it. Hmmm...what if Celestia and Luna both were infected with the Nightmare Forces? And they both went crazy? Who would y'all chose then? 

• 7 months later...

Solar Empire, without a shadow of a doubt.

I may not be the most patriotic or have ever voted before, but Celestia is a mare I'd go to war for. Don't care what her stance on anything is or even if she's been corrupted. To me, whatever Celly says is just & infallible. I inheritedly trust that whatever her choice is, its the best one.

Light is Right! Turn to face the sun, and shun the shadows!! BURN BEFORE THE GAZE OF THE SOLAR EMPIRE!!!

• 5 years later...