Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shift

THIS POLL WAS MADE IN 2013  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Lunar Republic or Solar Empire

• Lunar Republic
    • Solar Empire
    • Neutral

They really should work together. I would probably have more respect for Luna if they showed her working with her sister.

Yeah, I actually wouldn't like it if they fought. I once had a dream, (and a vivid one at that) where I talked to Celestia about her and Luna's place in the world. I don't want to tell you all the details, because I'm planning on making a fanfiction about it, but they had told me that they represented not just the sun and the moon, but of many more opposing forces. One of them being Celestia being a goddess of peace and Luna a goddess of war. She explained in detail how that fit into all the past events between her and Luna, and kind of blew my mind, also telling me about the need for that balance. So I don't know... I don't want to see a fight between Celestia and Luna because that dream made too much darn sense... My subconscious can come up with some of the craziest things... :wacko:
  • Brohoof 1

It's hard to say honestly. While Celestia has been a succesful and kind ruler of Equestria for many years, she seems to have lost her touch lately. Especially with the Royal Wedding incident, she really dropped the ball with that one. Not only was Chrysalis able to infilirate canterlot, she was also able to imprison and impersonate Cadence whom could be considered a VIP. Then Celestia got her flank kicked by Chrysalis. At the same time, Luna didn't do anything at all during that entire incident so Celestia gets a few points for actually trying to do something.

So in that case I guess I'd have to say neither side for now. If Cadence ever starts up her own faction similar to Solar Empire or the Lunar Republic I'd probably join that one.

• Brohoof 1

Well I think I will go with the Solar Empire. Even though I like Luna too, I think Celestia haven't got enough subjects x)

• Brohoof 2

I have to side with the New Lunar Republic. Mostly because Lunas my favourite non-mane 6 pony, and I agree with the crossed out point, she does look better(IMO).

Solar Empire, definetly. As you said, she's older, so she probably has more experience, but she also knows TONS more than Luna, since she wasn't on another planet for a thousand years.

I'm glad I'm hearing some pro-Celestia logic. Luna is far over-credited. Is she a horrible character? No. She just hasn't done anything at all.

• Brohoof 2

I'm glad I'm hearing some pro-Celestia logic. Luna is far over-credited. Is she a horrible character? No. She just hasn't done anything at all.

Yeah, i don't have anything against Luna either, but it's really hard to choose her side when you are aware of how Celestia is, but barely know anything about Luna.
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, i don't have anything against Luna either, but it's really hard to choose her side when you are aware of how Celestia is, but barely know anything about Luna.

Luna is one of my least favorite characters. I guess I usually don't care for some of the popular characters, others being Fluttershy and Trixie. I think Fluttershy is alright, but Trixie is meh.

(edited)

Solar Empire. Half of what's on Luna's good list is frankly what's on Celestia's good list, too. She can control the moon as well as the sun, she's also kind, she's also very open, she's also very powerful, but unlike Luna, she's not naive, and she has tons more experience in ruling. She also didn't go crazy with envy and decide she was going to consume the world in darkness.

Also, all of Celestia's bad list is fan-made, not canon, ergo does not count. In fact, this looks more like Tyrant Celestia VS Canon Luna then anything, which is unfair. Methinks the OP is biased ;P Here's my own take on their pros and cons, strictly going by canon.

Celestia:

Pros:

-Wise, benevolent, understanding and friendly

-Tons of experience in ruling

-Powerful magic/controls sun (and moon if needed)

-Knows when to be serious when it's called for, the rest of the time, is relaxed and friendly with everyone.

Cons:

-She has a knack for not being around when you could really use her help. Even though she normally does this for some obscure way for you to learn a lesson, it can still be tedious.

-Doesn't *appear* to have the greatest ideas for severe punishment. Sister get's envious and keeps the moon in the sky for a while, to the moon with her for a millennium. Chaos incarnate threatens reality as we know it, into the garden he goes for filly field trips.

Luna:

Pros:

-Friendly, fun-loving and fair

-Controls the moon

-Desires to be friends with all her subjects

-Good sense of humor

Cons:

-Having been imprisoned on the moon, her temper can cause her to be short and make severe reactions to people of this new era. This, combined with her 'old ways' such as the Royal Canterlot voice, makes her more intimidating than Celestia.

-Lacks most of the wisdom Celestia has about ruling.

-Same as Celestia. Seems to never be around when you could use her aide.

-Naive

Sorry Luna, I love you just as much as Celestia as a co-ruler and a character, but for individual ruling, your sister's just better. She's more wise, she has more experience, etc. Not particularly your fault, you were in the moon, but nonetheless it's true.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 2

Solar empire ! I'd rather have an experienced and capable monarch than unexperienced one trying to build democracy.

• Brohoof 3

I for one have been and will be an avid supporter of the New Lunar Republic. And this whole notion that Celestia has never been a tyrant isn't entirely true, look at how her subjects treat her not to mention that one does not easily remain in power for 1000 years without having to crush a rebellion or two. From a logical perspective, I see Celestia as no exception.

Solar Empire. I don't go by the popular fanon that Celestia is a tyrant, a troll, or cruel to her subjects. She seems like a great ruler. Beautiful, kind, a great mane! I really like her appearance, and her speech. Celestia is very intelligent and knows how to handle things. Also, I just prefer the sun in general over the moon. I like warmer bright happier colors as opposed to gloomier darker cool colors.

Not to say that Luna isn't awesome. I love her. She's rather amusing with her speech patterns, and also sounds plenty intelligent. I can probably relate to her more than I can Celestia because of her more emotional nature, but I wouldn't want her as my ruler so much.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

lunar republic all the way!!! one because luna is awesome :wub: two Celestia instead of trying to talk to her sister she says nope to the moon with you and i just like luna better

Edited by leo dash

I got rid of the perks just because a couple of people *eyes* were arguing about that it was wrong and stuff.

While I do like Luna a bit more than Celestia, I think that celestia does and will make a better leader. Celestia has kept Equestria in relative harmony for over 1000 years and is doing it pretty well. Her punishments may be harsh, such as moon banishment, Everfree Forest banishment, and being turned into a statue, she keeps everything running pretty well. Changing leaders could cause massive changes in Equestrian lifestyle and who knows what Luna would do? I forgave her for her past monstrocity but would everyone else? Just think back to Nightmare Night. Everyone was afraid of her because she used to be and possibly still is Nightmare Moon. So I guess Celestia is the better option.

TL;DR Celestia is a tried and true leader and changing things would have too many variables unaccounted for.

• Brohoof 1

I like luna, but I got to go with the very stable Solar Empire. Luna is probably the better fighter, but Celestia definably has the best public relations skills. I am going Celestia.

Or Princess Cadence. THE LOVE EMPIRE!!!!!!

• Brohoof 1

I would go with either, why? because I don't want to become a puppet for either side to take out the other. They both need to be established and maintain in order of any harmony to exist or the world will fall into never-ending chaos. I would be a party to set them straight and set up harmony again.

Celestia a troll? ya if you lived as long as her, you might have some fun with your subjects once and a while(fake drinking the tea cup to have it overfill was priceless.). Luna was banished, ya because she let her Jealousy get the best of her and became nightmare moon.

Lunar Republic or Solar Empire, Hoof no, I am joining Crystal Harmony to fix the problem before it gets worse even if I have to fight through Luna and Celestia to do it.

If I had to choose it would be the Lunar Republic. I'm more of a night person, I think Luna is best Pony/Princess, and I like Republics more than Empires anyways.

• Brohoof 1

Come one, come all everypony!!! If each and every mare and stallion bands together, we can seize a new destiny and start a new and glorious nation!!! For the glory of the New Lunar Republic!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Luna Nobis Providet! (The Moon provides for us)

As if there was ever any doubt. Down with the Sun Tyrant!

• Brohoof 2